Null



ellitor

2018 4* WR Anthony Schwartz Commits to AU!!!

Recommended Posts





 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Auburn and Florida WR target Anthony Schwartz has commitment date in mind

Anthony Schwartz plans to announce his commitment on a public stage.

The speedy 4-star wide receiver from Plantation, Fla., told SEC Country he will make his college choice on Jan. 4 during the Under Armour All-American Game in Orlando. Schwartz has narrowed his choices down to Auburn and Florida despite showing serious interest in Houston’s track-only option.

Schwartz, once a longtime Florida lean, has trended toward Auburn recently. He unofficially visited the Tigers twice during the 2017 season, including the Iron Bowl, which is when Schwartz named Auburn as his leader for the first time publicly.

Amid the Florida coaching change, Schwartz has reconnected with the new Gators’ staff. Florida still has a legitimate chance to land the in-state prospects, but time is running out in what has become an Auburn-Florida battle.

The Tigers coaching staff went in-home with Schwartz on Wednesday night. Wide receivers coach Kodi Burns and tight ends coach Larry Porter went to south Florida to check in on Schwartz.

The 6-foot, 175-pound wide receiver is fresh off a state championship run. He helped American Heritage (Fla.) to a title and one of the top programs in the national rankings. In his senior season, Schwartz caught 25 passes for 507 yards and 7 touchdowns with most of his production — 277 yards and 4 touchdowns — coming in the final three games of the playoffs.

Schwartz is perhaps most known for his elite track ability. Houston sprinters coach Carl Lewis personally recruited Schwartz to exclusively run track for the Cougars, but ultimately Schwartz’s desire to play football at the next level outweighed his continued Olympic dream.

He broke the national youth 100-meter record earlier this year, finishing the race is 10.15 seconds.

Schwartz hasn’t taken any of his official visits, and he hasn’t set anything yet. With a Jan. 4 commitment date approaching, he won’t be able to take an official visit until after he commits. As of Wednesday night, Schwartz wasn’t sure what the official visit plan would be post-commitment.

The Under Armour All-American Game will air on ESPN2 at 6 p.m. ET.

 

 

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool. Have we received a commitment during an All American game before?

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aujeff11 said:

Cool. Have we received a commitment during an All American game before?

it has been awhile fam. Last I remember was krist frost at the army all american game. That may of been the same year quan bray gave his as well. Frost gave his at the army game and quan bray at the UA game. WAR EAGLE BABY!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Cool. Have we received a commitment during an All American game before?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love to get this dude but he needs to quit football and run track. He has elite speed that could lead to a long career in professional track. That said, he may end up elite in football. War Damn Schwartz either way!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fredst said:

I’d love to get this dude but he needs to quit football and run track. He has elite speed that could lead to a long career in professional track. That said, he may end up elite in football. War Damn Schwartz either way!

I REALLY like the timing of this mr fred! He made these plans soon after our in home with him. WOOOOOO!!!!! feels good for the tea leaves to be looking like AU and trending our away. Unlike mr trey hill where they were trending AWAAAAAAAAAAAY.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

 

Nice! That was before my time of really paying attention to recruiting. Totally didn’t know that.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I REALLY like the timing of this mr fred! He made these plans soon after our in home with him. WOOOOOO!!!!! feels good for the tea leaves to be looking like AU and trending our away. Unlike mr trey hill where they were trending AWAAAAAAAAAAAY.

I hope he ends up winning the NCAA 100 at AU!

85DC3B2A-2716-4002-9889-0B37369EC3EC.gif

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Nice! That was before my time of really paying attention to football. Totally didn’t know that.

91a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fredst said:

I hope he ends up winning the NCAA 100 at AU!

85DC3B2A-2716-4002-9889-0B37369EC3EC.gif

him and shivers as our sprinters would be deadly!!!! when we tailgating for some track meets fredst?!?!? WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

him and shivers as our sprinters would be deadly!!!! when we tailgating for some track meets fredst?!?!? WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

You bring the beer and I’ll bring my Yeti rambler!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fredst said:

You bring the beer and I’ll bring my Yeti rambler!

about-to-go-down.gif

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

about-to-go-down.gif

Lol...

B1D1FCE5-3231-4EEC-8C0F-06F2F8A388F7.gif

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fredst said:

Lol...

B1D1FCE5-3231-4EEC-8C0F-06F2F8A388F7.gif

tumblr_njkohwAw5b1t55xupo2_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

it has been awhile fam. Last I remember was krist frost at the army all american game. That may of been the same year quan bray gave his as well. Frost gave his at the army game and quan bray at the UA game. WAR EAGLE BABY!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=4123716

 

Quan & Therezie committed at the same game. It was fun to see 2 AU guys commit at the same game.

Another all star commit that didn't hold were Brent Callaway.

Thank you rivals for being the only site left that makes it easy to see past commitment dates.

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ellitor said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4123716

 

Quan & Therezie committed at the same game. It was fun to see 2 AU guys commit at the same game.

Other all star commits that didn't hold were Brent Callaway & Cyrus K.

Thank you rivals for being the only site left that makes it easy to see past commitment dates.

there is no video on therezie. I can never find it. Cyrus K I thought was on signing day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

there is no video on therezie. I can never find it. Cyrus K I thought was on signing day.

You're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ellitor said:

You're right.

lucy-football.jpg

Cyrus K had us all like....................... :[ still hurts. lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mods, please start apissing contest for these guys with the gifs on its own thread!!!!🤮

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, toddc said:

Mods, please start apissing contest for these guys with the gifs on its own thread!!!!🤮

original.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, toddc said:

Mods, please start apissing contest for these guys with the gifs on its own thread!!!!🤮

giphy.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now