2018 4* WR Anthony Schwartz Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

37 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

There is a Baylor commit that is a wee bit faster. 

Florida went through a speed kills phase after Tebow left and it ended up harming their offense as they didn’t have much of a deep threat as all of their offensive weapons were quick twitch. I like WRs like Hastings, Worm, and what not, but they probably won’t offer much help at stretching the field. The Schwartz guy is fast but we don’t know he reacts toward the press and we don’t know how much of his speed is straight line speed. Offensive attack has to be more diverse imo.

With the way Gus likes to throw deep we need a guy with this speed to stretch the field. Like Sammie. Don't think we have a WR with this type speed. And I don't know how fast he is or who is the fastest, I was going on what was in some previous post.

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know then. I read somewhere that a Kalon Barnes (10.34) beat Schwartz (10.41) in an Adidas 100 meter event. 

Cool. Here's the info I was referring to. It may have been during your exodus so you may have missed it.

12 minutes ago, kd4au said:

With the way Gus likes to throw deep we need a guy with this speed to stretch the field. Like Sammie. Don't think we have a WR with this type speed. And I don't know how fast he is or who is the fastest, I was going on what was in some previous post.

Speed is definitely necessary but I think other qualities are just as much needed to become a great deep threat WR. Sammie had speed but he also had enough physicality and height to help take advantage of smaller DBs as well. Slayton is another comparable DT guy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

There is a Baylor commit that is a wee bit faster. 

Florida went through a speed kills phase after Tebow left and it ended up harming their offense as they didn’t have much of a deep threat as all of their offensive weapons were quick twitch. I like WRs like Hastings, Worm, and what not, but they probably won’t offer much help at stretching the field. The Schwartz guy is fast but we don’t know how he reacts toward the press, how he plays in pads, or how often he is able to maximize his straight line speed. (Think Corey Grant had straight line speed but didn’t have much wiggle to break tackles.) 

Offensive attack has to be more diverse imo. 

we def do not only have those type of WR's. We have a very diverse group of WR's with all different skill sets and the class we are bringing in this year even adds more to that. WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! the future is looking dang good at wr!!!! WAR DAMN KODI BURNS!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3

Without reading all 9 pages.....yes I am lazy, when does he commit?

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:13 PM, LKEEL75 said:

Guess I just inferred it from the article you posted:

YES! This may be the first time I have EVER seen "inferred" used correctly on a message board. Great job!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

YES! This may be the first time I have EVER seen "inferred" used correctly on a message board. Great job!

Are you one of my old English teachers? Some of them were kind of grumpy. Just kidding.

• Like 1

I still think Mullen gets this kid in the end.  If he was willing to play under shark man what makes anyone think he won't play for Danny boy?

13 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I still think Mullen gets this kid in the end.  If he was willing to play under shark man what makes anyone think he won't play for Danny boy?

May not be a priority target for Mullen. Time will tell.

kodi retweeted this.

24 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Bump. 

I think the same. Will be something to have 2 of the fastest HS players sign with us in the same year. Now, does either have returner skills we need in addition to their position skill.

On 12/15/2017 at 9:11 PM, NorthGATiger said:

It's my impression that we were beating shark man.  We've been all over his twitter feed for months...way more than any other school.  He comes across as an AU fan on there.

On 12/17/2017 at 1:44 PM, GwillMac6 said:

kodi retweeted this.

Is he allowed to retweet the athletes? Thought that was a violation?