2018 4* WR Anthony Schwartz Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am glad to get this kid. I saw him make two plays one first pass quick out at sideline. Then second pass could have been a TD but was underthrown but he made a great adjustment. War Eagle and Welcome aboard.

On the second pass, the announcers were really complimenting his route running.  This is a huge pickup.

Edited by saminbama
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Maybe but Tutt is also a very accomplished punt returner. Will be interesting.

Matt Hill too! We got options!

38 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

So happy we got him. Any Desean Jackson comparisons?

Not right now but I supposed he could work up to that potential.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

So happy we got him. Any Desean Jackson comparisons?

I think you just made one!

Oh man, I can't wait until Labor Day weekend when I can say, "I thought this kid was the next Desean Jackson?!?!"

WAY TO GO, METAL.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

We have three guys on the football team that are also on the track team?

Correct. Iggy is on roster for jumping events while Worm & Schwartz will be sprinters.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Correct. Iggy is on roster for jumping events while Worm & Schwartz will be sprinters.

Will being on the track team in any way affect their participation in Spring practices?

Edited by aufan57

Just now, aufan57 said:

Will being on the track team in any way affect their participation in Spring practice?

Don't think so. Never has before to my knowledge.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Don't think so. Never has before to my knowledge.

Has multi-sport been done lately?   Back in the day it was not too uncommon but can't recall anyone since Gabe to ever consider it seriously and he ended up dropping football.  Could be that since we upped he quality of our sprinters some years ago that even our fastest football players have not been in their league.  

Sounds like Schwartz might be the exception. 

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Has multi-sport been done lately?   Back in the day it was not too uncommon but can't recall anyone since Gabe to ever consider it seriously and he ended up dropping football.  Could be that since we upped he quality of our sprinters some years ago that even our fastest football players have not been in their league.  

Don't know. Never looked at our track team til we signed Iggy.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't know. Never looked at our track team til we signed Iggy.

I kinda keep a general eye on all AU sports....and we've had some really good sprinters since back in Glance's day.......but mostly I figured if a football player ended up running track or playing some other sport it would be big news. ....so mostly I've operated on the theory that no news....means nothing is happening?  :dunno: 

Iggy might be one of them but we recruit sprinters world wide.....and top HS sprinters from the region are generally not up to level of the guys we get from the Caribbean Islands and elsewhere.  

Would be a happy thought that Schwartz could measure up....not necessarily for the track possibilities but for what he could mean to the football team.

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

I kinda keep a general eye on all AU sports....and we've had some really good sprinters since back in Glance's day.......but mostly I figured if a football player ended up running track or playing some other sport it would be big news. ....so mostly I've operated on the theory that no news....means nothing is happening?  :dunno: 

Iggy might be one of them but we recruit sprinters world wide.....and top HS sprinters from the region are generally not up to level of the guys we get from the Caribbean Islands and elsewhere.  

Would be a happy thought that Schwartz could measure up....not necessarily for the track possibilities but for what he could mean to the football team.

Schwartz has world class speed. I think world youth record for 100m? He can compete...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Schwartz has world class speed. I think world youth record for 100m? He can compete...

and shivers is close behind him! We got 2 world class sprinters. Our track team tailgate outings in 2018 are going to be memorable mr fred! lol

• Love 1

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

The last one I remember was Harry Adams in the 2008-2010 timeframe.

Edited by caleb1633
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

The last one I remember was Harry Adams in the 2008-2010 timeframe.

I believe he is cousins with shivers! Great track genes in that family.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I believe he is cousins with shivers! Great track genes in that family.

I’m offended Gwill. How does everyone else get so many more exclamation points from you than I do? Do I not do it for you anymore? Lol

• Like 1