2018 4* WR Anthony Schwartz Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Since he says he wants to run track also. I bet the track coach wants us to sign him also.

• 3 months later...

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Don't know why he is just now getting an offer. You just can't find speed like that on every street corner. And if he did not have an offer does that mean since we are now offering we missed on some other WR's?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Where is Anthony on our WR board?  I'm sure he is below Ross and Hill, and possibly others. 

I would like to see him and Worm in a foot race!  

You can watch that on YouTube now. They compete against each other in track in the 100m I believe. AC is faster.

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

Don't know why he is just now getting an offer. You just can't find speed like that on every street corner. And if he did not have an offer does that mean since we are now offering we missed on some other WR's?

That is his official written offer, all teams had to wait till midnight to send them out. He tweeted his other offers also

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

You can watch that on YouTube now. They compete against each other in track in the 100m I believe. AC is faster.

Do you have a link?

4 hours ago, kd4au said:

It looked like on Twitter he posted all of his big offers yesterday...no clue when he actually received them.

So I wouldn't get too excited about that tweet, b/c right after that one, there was one of UTk, UGA, UF, and tOSU

Edited by AUDevil
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dabrasco said:

That is his official written offer, all teams had to wait till midnight to send them out. He tweeted his other offers also

Hot French Fries. There is only one person who could go by dabrasco. Sorry to high jack the thread

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

On the verge of another Auburn visit, Anthony Schwartz announced he was down to two schools: Auburn and Florida.

“I’m between Florida and Auburn right now,” Schwartz told SEC Country. “I just felt that those are two schools that like me the most, and I feel like I good go do great at both of those schools. Both of them aren’t really cities. They’re more college towns. I felt like everything just flows there.”

The 4-star wide receiver from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., has been linked for Florida for the entirety of his recruitment. There were times throughout the summer that Schwartz was in the next-to-commit conversation for the Gators.

But he waited.

Anthony Schwartz
4-star WR Anthony Schwartz is down to Auburn and Florida.(Zach Abolverdi/SEC Country)

“I’m just trying to take my time because I was kinda rushing it before,” Schwartz said. “I could commit anytime I feel comfortable. But I’m going to take my time and probably make my decision at the end of the season. I’m going to try to get it before signing day, during December.”

The Tigers hopes to be a beneficiary of that patience. Schwartz visited for the spring game and again in July. He’ll be back this weekend as Auburn takes on Ole Miss.

Auburn only needs to take three wide receivers in the Class of 2018, but it’ll likely take four for the right guy. With two committed so far, there are really four names that appear to be in position to fill at those last couple spots — Justyn Ross, Seth Williams, Tommy Bush and Schwartz.

As an out-of-state prospect, Schwartz has shown plenty of continued interest in the Tigers, mostly because of his relationship with wide receivers coach Kodi Burns.

“I have a good relationship with their receiver coach, coach Burns, so every time I go there, I feel they have a great family over there,” Schwartz said.

Schwartz is ranked the No. 172 overall prospect by the 247Sports composite. He’s a nationally-ranked track star, as well, so his visit will almost certainly entail more interaction with Auburn’s track and field program, something he toured on previous visits.

It’s worth noting: All 23 predictions in the 247Sports Crystal Ball are in Florida’ favor.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

With two committed so far, there are really four names that appear to be in position to fill at those last couple spots — Justyn Ross, Seth Williams, Tommy Bush and Schwartz.

Ok, so everyone knows Justyn Ross & Seth Williams.  Who the heck is Tommy Bush?  I did a quick search and we have no thread on him and other than this article the only mention I can find is that he came for Big Cat W/E.  Is he a legit target or is this just them throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks?

Lastly, does the fact that we have 1-2 spots left mean it is first come or would we tell someone to wait so that we can see if another will commit first?  I am just thinking that if Schwartz committed, it would be a shame to lose out on either of Ross or Williams just because they didn't commit sooner.

He's a legit target, but from my view, he's the least likely guy on that list. He's a Texas kid, and we don't sign many of those. Any two of those four would be big time though. Schwartz is the most unique player in the group because of his speed.

• Like 1

I know he is fast...I wonder how quick he is.   

I still can't believe how open Will Hastings got on that post route.  You know Hastings had 2000 yds receiving in ONE year?  That is insane.   Maybe Schwartz is elite type fast and quick.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

I know he is fast...I wonder how quick he is.   

I still can't believe how open Will Hastings got on that post route.  You know Hastings had 2000 yds receiving in ONE year?  That is insane.   Maybe Schwartz is elite type fast and quick.  

He ran a legit lasered 10.15 100 meter dash breaking the world youth record. That is as elite as it gets. He is blazing. Quickness is the least of your worries when you have legitimate world class speed. And chances are, he will be utilized like Eli Stove.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, DAG said:

He ran a legit lasered 10.15 100 meter dash breaking the world youth record. That is as elite as it gets. He is blazing. Quickness is the least of your worries when you have legitimate world class speed. And chances are, he will be utilized like Eli Stove.

O-mac comes to mind also.  

I knew he was elite; I didn't know about the record.  My gosh that is insane.  

• 1 month later...

I know you can’t really base where a kid is going by their Twitter account but Schwartz is always tweeting about auburn or tweeting with our commits. Any updates on him?

6 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

I know you can’t really base where a kid is going by their Twitter account but Schwartz is always tweeting about auburn or tweeting with our commits. Any updates on him?

Still plans to commit is February. If he likes the Gators coach he likely ends up there. If Chip Kelly gets the job I think AS would be happy there.

• Thanks 1