2018 4* WR Anthony Schwartz Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Still plans to commit is February. If he likes the Gators coach he likely ends up there. If Chip Kelly gets the job I think AS would be happy there.

If Chip gets the UF job, and I was Fields, I'd flip to UF

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

If Chip gets the UF job, and I was Fields, I'd flip to UF

I'd pack his bags for him. Don't want to see him at UGA. Word is Harbaugh is trying to make a push for JF.

• Like 1

Top tier QB from Georgia de-commits from Penn State, de-commits from Georgia, and signs with Michigan. That would be evil on so many levels.

Schwartz would be nice in our Jet role.

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

My guess is Schwarz stays with UF after Chip Kelly gets hired. 

Well he's never committed to them so there's nothing for him to stay to.

Personal opinion on Kelly. He is a short term success person. He will not have Nike's funding that helped him greatly at Oregon. He left Oregon partly because he was going to be in trouble with the NCAA. He has not proven he can have long term success anywhere. He is a big name, but no guarantee as a coach. 

I think he may pick up very good recruits in the short term, but will it last?

Gus needs a speed guy in every class. Maybe AS will be one of the speed guy's for this class , as mentioned he would perfect for the speed sweep and we also need speed like that for deep ball.

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

He left Oregon partly because he was going to be in trouble with the NCAA. He has not proven he can have long term success anywhere. He is a big name, but no guarantee as a coach. 

I think he may pick up very good recruits in the short term, but will it last?

He was a poor recruiter at Oregon and that's why they were paying a 3rd party to recruit and funnel kids from TX (L Seastrunk and the other big name RB) and outside states.   And he was in deep pooh in Oregon with the NCAA...without the Nike marketing machine, I don't see him recruiting well at UF.   A northeasterner who failed in Philly?  Not a great fit in the deep south.

I would not want him at Auburn.  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Beaker said:

He was a poor recruiter at Oregon and that's why they were paying a 3rd party to recruit and funnel kids from TX (L Seastrunk and the other big name RB) and outside states.   And he was in deep pooh in Oregon with the NCAA...without the Nike marketing machine, I don't see him recruiting well at UF.   A northeasterner who failed in Philly?  Not a great fit in the deep south.

I would not want him at Auburn.  

I Agree. If you are looking for a coach to provide  a very successful program for the next 5-10 years, I don't think Kelly is the one. I think he can do well, but not consistently. 

23 hours ago, kd4au said:

Gus needs a speed guy in every class. Maybe AS will be one of the speed guy's for this class , as mentioned he would perfect for the speed sweep and we also need speed like that for deep ball.

Shivers is "that guy" but I wouldn't mind another one that runs a 10ish 100m, lol.

• Like 2

Thought Worm was a RB, we need a WR that can stretch the field with that speed on the deep ball and the speed sweep. That's what I was referring to, but in general you can't have too much speed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

Thought Worm was a RB, we need a WR that can stretch the field with that speed on the deep ball and the speed sweep. That's what I was referring to, but in general you can't have too much speed.

Worm is a RB who can stretch the field in different ways.   I am betting he will remind us of O-Mac.   

But Worm can carry more power at the point of impact because of his mass.   I haven't seen his film in a while, but I am guessing he can catch sufficiently well for wheel routes or screens.

• Like 2

UF hiring Kelly would not be any weirder IMO than their McIlwain adventure. My inlaws are Bull Gators & former UF players and they're crying for the good 'ole Spurrier days of untouchable fun & gun offense @ UF. I could very well see UF making the mistake of hiring Kelly and yes, Schwartz would probably be gone then to Hogtown. We'll see...

Love this kids speed and would be thrilled if he ended up AU. Having said that, if AU had to and was able to choose I would take Ross or Williams preferentially to get that big physical receiver (that sadly we might not use like McClain, lol).

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

So, what does that mean?????

his heart is probaly with florida. He would of been committed already to them if they did not completely tank this season.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Love this kids speed and would be thrilled if he ended up AU. Having said that, if AU had to and was able to choose I would take Ross or Williams preferentially to get that big physical receiver (that sadly we might not use like McClain, lol).

him and stove would be deadly together with the speed sweep. Line one in the backfield and have the other in motion would scare a lot of DC's!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

his heart is probaly with florida. He would of been committed already to them if they did not completely tank this season.

I am thinking only if Chip Kelly somehow ends up there.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am thinking only if Chip Kelly somehow ends up there.

him or scott frost or any hot name or big name imo.