2018 4* WR Anthony Schwartz Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

I will gladly take the fastest man in high school football in mr schwartz and call it a day for WR recruiting. He seems to really love Auburn and wants to be here a lot more than ross. We got Seth Williams. All along it was said we had to have 1 of the 2 out of him and ross so I AM JUST GUCCCCCIIIIII over here that we got 1. WAR DAMN ANTHONY SCHWARTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *knock on wood* hope to have you on board in early january! 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will gladly take the fastest man in high school football in mr schwartz and call it a day for WR recruiting. He seems to really love Auburn and wants to be here a lot more than ross. We got Seth Williams. All along it was said we had to have 1 of the 2 out of him and ross so I AM JUST GUCCCCCIIIIII over here that we got 1. WAR DAMN ANTHONY SCHWARTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *knock on wood* hope to have you on board in early january! 

Ross is still in play. Clemson probably better fit but we shall see. I don’t think Ross doesn’t want to be here is all I’ll say!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Ross is still in play. Clemson probably better fit but we shall see. I don’t think Ross doesn’t want to be here is all I’ll say!

I mean he has visited us more than anyone else by far. If clemson still leads after all of that then the kid is just simply not feeling AU. It is whatever. I get it. Clemson is WR U recently. This is a good WR class already. If we get schwartz that would make it REALLY good as all WR's are different and have varying skillsets that do not overlap. WAR DAMN KODI BURNS!!! I have been really negative on him but he has made me completely change my tune on him. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOORRY KODI FORGIVE ME! lol

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will gladly take the fastest man in high school football in mr schwartz and call it a day for WR recruiting.

source.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

WAR DAMN KODI BURNS!!! I have been really negative on him but he has made me completely change my tune on him. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOORRY KODI FORGIVE ME! lol

To his credit he has taken & applied the recruiting teaching of his fellow AU coaches.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sharing is caring

Yes please-he already runs better routes than 3/4 of our receivers, and because you have to respect his speed to go deep he can get open all day long. As G-will would say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jet sweep right, jet sweep left . Touchdown machine.

• Love 1

57 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Yes please-he already runs better routes than 3/4 of our receivers, and because you have to respect his speed to go deep he can get open all day long. As G-will would say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A track star with soft hands is very intriguing. I know we’ve had walk on track stars in the past but this one seems like the potential can actually come to fruition. I just hope he has some wiggle to him and not just straight line speed.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Creative plan, but Schwartz is a blue chip athlete and doesn't necessarily need to deal with such inconveniences.  If I were him I'd want to come in and be a part of the football culture from the start.

That's a big part of it. He would have to want to come to Auburn bad enough to put up with a little inconvenience. I don't know that he will or won't, I'm just saying there's a way for us to get both Schwartz and Ross if Schwartz wants to go along with the plan.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

That's a big part of it. He would have to want to come to Auburn bad enough to put up with a little inconvenience. I don't know that he will or won't, I'm just saying there's a way for us to get both Schwartz and Ross if Schwartz wants to go along with the plan.

The hardest part of this plan though is ross wanting to go to AU.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

The hardest part of this plan though is ross wanting to go to AU.

If Ross chooses elsewhere, the situation has resolved itself. Ross is the top rated player in Alabama. I'd hate to miss out on him

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

If Ross chooses elsewhere, the situation has resolved itself. Ross is the top rated player in Alabama. I'd hate to miss out on him

He is just a luxury at this point. Our wr class is really freaking good. I am a fan of it!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! come on mr mike!!! get excited about it!!! 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is just a luxury at this point. Our wr class is really freaking good. I am a fan of it!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! come on mr mike!!! get excited about it!!! 

I'll be excited about the WR class if we keep the three we've got. I'll get REAL excited if we also get Ross.

Just now, Mikey said:

I'll be excited about the WR class if we keep the three we've got. I'll get REAL excited if we also get Ross.

And I will be REAL excited if we keep the ones we have and get schwartz!!!!! SHOW THIS YOUNG MAN SOME LOVE!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And I will be REAL excited if we keep the ones we have and get schwartz!!!!! SHOW THIS YOUNG MAN SOME LOVE!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

3E2BCCE8-FE7D-48B4-95C6-649453DED855.gif

• Love 1

1 minute ago, fredst said:

3E2BCCE8-FE7D-48B4-95C6-649453DED855.gif

NaughtyForcefulDarklingbeetle-max-1mb.gi

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

A track star with soft hands is very intriguing. I know we’ve had walk on track stars in the past but this one seems like the potential can actually come to fruition. I just hope he has some wiggle to him and not just straight line speed.

If I remember correctly Alexander Wright was a track star and played for Pat Dye. He may be the fastest player ever to play at Auburn, but I think it was mostly straight line. Ace had his moments as a receiver and made it to the pros, but the most memorable play i remember was in the 1989 iron bowl where the bama db pushed Ace out of bounds on his route. Ace kept running avoiding players on the sideline, eventually coming back in play to catch a deep ball. I'm sure the db at that moment thought oh crap.

• Love 1

A couple of observations.

1. Schwartz seemed a bit underused. He is the fastest HS player in the country. You would think he would have had more touches and more yards. The answer could be that he was playing on a very talented, nationally ranked, state championship team.

2. Schwartz is the fastest kid in Fl. Does everyone realize that the second fastest is Shivers? How exciting would it be to get the 2 fastest kids from FL. 

3. Speed kills. You can't teach it. This week the UCF running back stated AU does not know what speed is and we are going to be in a world of hurt when we play them. Good bulletin board material, but it would be great to sign both Schwartz and Shivers. I want the fastest skilled players at AU!

• Like 2

I didn't know he was the fastest HS player in the country. I want him even more now. I would take him over Ross just because he's faster and you can't beat speed. If AS commits before Ross I would move on and tell him he waited to long his spot is gone. I think we have positions of greater need than WR.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2017 at 4:50 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

Can you imagine that with Stidhams arm we have Hastings, Schwartz and the Worm line up trips to one side of the field. There is not a defense in the country that has the secondary to cover that!

Just needed to repeat my self.  The only way it gets better is to have Worm coming out of the backfield with Swartz, Hastings, Davis and Stove as line up as the receivers. Now that is definitely not the all height team, but it would be the fastest set skills players on the field at one time in all of college football. Cover that UCF, try and get 11 hats on that ball!! (If we were to somehow play again next year).

Edited by AlaskanFAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

didn't know he was the fastest HS player in the country.

There is a Baylor commit that is a wee bit faster. 

4 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

3. Speed kills. You can't teach it.

Florida went through a speed kills phase after Tebow left and it ended up harming their offense as they didn’t have much of a deep threat as all of their offensive weapons were quick twitch. I like WRs like Hastings, Worm, and what not, but they probably won’t offer much help at stretching the field. The Schwartz guy is fast but we don’t know how he reacts toward the press, how he plays in pads, or how often he is able to maximize his straight line speed. (Think Corey Grant had straight line speed but didn’t have much wiggle to break tackles.) 

Offensive attack has to be more diverse imo. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

There is a Baylor commit that is a wee bit faster.

Really. Scwartz ran a laser timed 10.15 100 meters to win state this year.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Really. Scwartz ran a laser timed 10.15 100 meters to win state this year.

I don’t know then. I read somewhere that a Kalon Barnes (10.34) beat Schwartz (10.41) in an Adidas 100 meter event.