Birmingham Auburn fans

The lions roar

Just for fun because it is slow with Auburn sports. My sister in Atlanta texted me today saying she ran into a diehard Auburn fan who after discovering she from Birmingham assumed she was a Bama fan because everyone from Birmingham is a Bama fan. I have read this opinion many times before on this site. So just a few facts:

Two polls 10 years apart were virtually the same : Metro Bham: 36% Bama , 16% Auburn. So yes there are over twice the number of Bama fans, but 16% of 1.2 million is almost 200,000 Auburn fans. Probably more than anywhere else. 

So despite popular opinion that you have to cheer for Auburn or Bama in this state, 48% are fans of other teams or just don't care. 

Although recent recruiting history is pretty sad (only Darryl Williams), Some of Auburn's greatest players were from Bham such as Bo Jackson. Pat Sullivan, Karlos Dansby, and Stan White. So War Eagle from Bham! A lot of traffic on Hwy 280 on Saturdays.

One last thing, unfortunately the media market includes Tuscaloosa and Gadsden/Anniston which means a lot more Bama fans. So it can seem like a bias at times.

I am a proud member of that 16%!! I always see people with bammer stickers on their cars while out and they are bad but I haven't ran into any that are too rambunctious people.

Quality vs Quantity :wareagle:

Archived