Baseball vs. Florida - game 2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge win. Didn't think we'd win this series, and I especially didn't think we would win it on Saturday. A sweep would be awesome! WDE!

4 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Mize and Lipscomb showed some grade A grit today....

4 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Mize and Lipscomb showed some grade A grit today....

That's worth repeating.  

Numbers are identical on the box score except in the run column. 

: note to Golf 

The 5 Hour drive this morning turned out to be worth it. The weather shaped up just before the game started and was very comfortable for a pretty good and boisterous crowd. And who could complain about a ticket price of $10 for a seat 15 rows up behind the first base dugout.? 

The first Auburn game I have seen on campus since the 1960s and despite some of the snarky comments about the relocated video screen I thought it was a nice addition to the park. 

Maybe the best game Auburn has played this year . Some very good defense and solid pitching though Lipscomb scared us pretty badly in the eighth. 

AUsome way to open the SEC season! Hope we can break out the brooms. 

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

That was on Friday.

No..not really...perhaps your opinion..not mine. Florida played a very good game also and the pressure was always on the AU pitcher and defense to "perform"..."and they did with so " must make" plays.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

That was on Friday.

I think there were elements of greatness in both games. But I prefer the Saturday win because it was a tense situation at times and Auburn did not break down.  It has been a long time since an Auburn baseball team has looked comfortable and confident on the field. Most of the time during the last 5 years they looked listless and like they wanted to be somewhere else. 

15 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I think there were elements of greatness in both games. But I prefer the Saturday win because it was a tense situation at times and Auburn did not break down.  It has been a long time since an Auburn baseball team has looked comfortable and confident on the field. Most of the time during the last 5 years they looked listless and like they wanted to be somewhere else. 

Couldn't agree more. Guys actually looked happy in the dugout and team morale seems to be better than ever. That goes a long way for a team, especially in a sport like baseball 

Archived