ellitor

2018 4* LB Zakoby McClain commits to AU!!!!

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Especially since he's the lowest paid coach on staff.

Memo to Gus: Let's not lose one of our top 2 recruiters because of a small issue called m-o-n-e-y!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




28 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Memo to Gus: Let's not lose one of our top 2 recruiters because of a small issue called m-o-n-e-y!

Memo to reality: Young people just starting out have to work their way up the pay scale. He's done an excellent job and will certainly get a hefty raise. That doesn't mean he gets the keys to the bank vault.

Also, Auburn's assistants are among the highest paid in college football. They don't normally leave here for a side-way change. If they get promoted by the move, then that's what America is all about.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Memo to reality: Young people just starting out have to work their way up the pay scale. He's done an excellent job and will certainly get a hefty raise. That doesn't mean he gets the keys to the bank vault.

Also, Auburn's assistants are among the highest paid in college football. They don't normally leave here for a side-way change. If they get promoted by the move, then that's what America is all about.

This              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is what I was referring to Mikey. Think you got a tad excited there.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a good pick up. T-Will getting it done, hope he can reel in another big fish or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Especially since he's the lowest paid coach on staff.

Wow I did not know that. Yes his contract and pay needs be re-evaluated after the season. He brought our LB’s corps back from the grave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, Welcome to the family ZM!  I am not complaining on such an athletic LB, but is he not just a little small for a MLB?  I thought we were sticking with the 6-3 235 kind of player.  I know he will put on some weight in our S&C program, but will he put on enough to play MLB or will they move him outside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

First, Welcome to the family ZM!  I am not complaining on such an athletic LB, but is he not just a little small for a MLB?  I thought we were sticking with the 6-3 235 kind of player.  I know he will put on some weight in our S&C program, but will he put on enough to play MLB or will they move him outside?

He's expected to be a WLB. Not sure where MLB came from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Maybe one of the sites lists him as an ILB?

Good theory but they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's expected to be a WLB. Not sure where MLB came from.

Not sure where I got MLB. I thought I read it on here but I just went back through the thread and didn't see it anywhere.  My bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

Not sure where I got MLB. I thought I read it on here but I just went back through the thread and didn't see it anywhere.  My bad

I think I heard B Wolk say it on his Facebook show the other night! Maybe you heard it there. Not sure if he misspoke or I miss-heard though!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

I'm not big on stars or rankings, but why the BIG drop for this guy?! Top100 in May to 200+ today:dunno:

He was in their top 150 this time & dropped 66 spots. As to why?...His size

Quote

“McClain is a very intriguing prospect for multiple reasons. As a linebacker though, he is on the small side and his frame is a little narrow. It will be interesting to see how he fills out and he how/where he is used on the next level. We know he has speed to the ball and he delivers some pop too. His frame is a concern and just how he will play in the box on the next level. He recently committed to Auburn.” - Simmons

 

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He was in their top 150 & dropped 66 spots. As to why?...His size

 

Thanks! According to the article you posted back in May; he was. Regardless, that's still a HUGE drop. Hope he stays solid, and signs those documents!!

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

According to the article you posted back in May; he was.

You're right. That's 2 straight recruiting updates he has dropped at least 50 spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ellitor said:

He was in their top 150 this time & dropped 66 spots. As to why?...His size

 

WTH? They didn't know how big he was when they originally ranked him, lol 😂?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fredst said:

WTH? They didn't know how big he was when they originally ranked him, lol 😂?

Yes. As loof said they probably thought his frame would grow some his Sr year to project him adding weight easier in college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes. As loof said they probably thought his frame would grow some his Sr year to project him adding weight easier in college.

I get it. I still think he can be Little Ball of Hate, Part Deux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fredst said:

I get it. I still think he can be Little Ball of Hate, Part Deux.

No question about it.Maybe he will use it all as

tenor.gif?itemid=5972696

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 8:42 AM, Mikey said:

Memo to reality: Young people just starting out have to work their way up the pay scale. He's done an excellent job and will certainly get a hefty raise. That doesn't mean he gets the keys to the bank vault.

Also, Auburn's assistants are among the highest paid in college football. They don't normally leave here for a side-way change. If they get promoted by the move, then that's what America is all about.

Mikey I agree with you but look at what Kodi is getting paid.  Is Kodi worth 150K a year more than Travis.  I don't think so.  Travis has put in more time to boot.

Edited by NorthGATiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Mikey I agree with you but look at what Kodi is getting paid.  Is Kodi worth 150K a year more than Travis.  I don't think so.  Travis has put in more time to boot.

No but he had more experience as a full time college coach & had a full time job at a P5 school so he gets paid more til T-Will's 1st full time coaching contract is up which I believe is soon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ellitor said:

No but he had more experience as a full time college coach & had a full time job at a P5 school so he gets paid more til T-Will's 1st full time coaching contract is up which I believe is soon.

You are correct about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now