2018 4* LB Zakoby McClain commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

Not that I know of. I was under the impression this kid is like 6'0" or 6'1" and 205 or 210 lbs. That's Travis' size.

I want this guy. Wish he would commit soon. I am interested in knowing Mikey's take in order on the LB'ers he thinks we should get.

2 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I want this guy. Wish he would commit soon. I am interested in knowing Mikey's take in order on the LB'ers he thinks we should get.

I don't pick 'em, I let the coaches do that. We need to sign a minimum of three solid prospects every year, four would be ideal. It takes that many to maintain quality at the position. I tend to get antsy about our linebacker situation when we sign, say, ONE. (See 2016)

On 7/17/2017 at 11:37 AM, WFE12 said:

Still has AU as his no. 1 and cites his relationship with T-Will as the big factor. I think he is more likely to commit at the cookout Saturday, same could be for Michael Harris. Like how T-Will has a father figure like relationship with both and that we're highly likely to land both because of this. Zacolby should be a great pickup.

Link please or a reference to where you got it. Thanks!

On 7/19/2017 at 0:27 AM, Randman5000 said:

Think we would switch him to safety? I like him but seems undersized. 

Unlikely. Steel & T-Will love him as a LB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Unlikely. Steel & T-Will love him as a LB.

Size doesn't necessarily mean he has the skill/hips needed

We need to make sure we have T Will locked down with a decent contract for multiple years. He is obviously one of our most valuable coaches. He recruits at an elite level and he is an excellent coach. Kids want to play for him. He is very impressive..

• Like 4

On 7/19/2017 at 0:27 AM, Randman5000 said:

Think we would switch him to safety? I like him but seems undersized. 

He is being recruited as a mlb.

• Thanks 1

I thought we had one visitor a day unless there is an event like the cookout. Zacolby is visiting tomorrow and apparently Anthony is too.

39 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I thought we had one visitor a day unless there is an event like the cookout. Zacolby is visiting tomorrow and apparently Anthony is too.

Huh? There is not a limit during the contact period. To my knowledge there never has been a limit either.

On 7/27/2017 at 8:26 PM, austudnt23 said:

He is being recruited as a mlb.

Think he has the frame to put on the LB s?

Pun intended :cool:

I think in a defense that rolls between 4-2-5 and 3-4 formations, you're MLB has to be able to cover. If he has the physicality to play the run, he doesn't need a ton of weight. Travis Williams played MLB at 215 in 2004. That maybe the target weight for McClain. 

I've said for a while, my dream LB class would be Harris, McClain, and Tindall. I don't know where we stand with Channing Tindall, but those are my favorite guys in the class. 

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

I think in a defense that rolls between 4-2-5 and 3-4 formations, you're MLB has to be able to cover. If he has the physicality to play the run, he doesn't need a ton of weight. Travis Williams played MLB at 215 in 2004. That maybe the target weight for McClain. 

I've said for a while, my dream LB class would be Harris, McClain, and Tindall. I don't know where we stand with Channing Tindall, but those are my favorite guys in the class. 

Cocky still his leader. FSU #2. We are in his top 5 but he has visited us the least.

Edited by ellitor
Highlighted the part BSCI was talking about so it doesn't confuse readers.

22 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Cocky still his leader. FSU #2. We are in his top 5 but he has visited us the least.

He told SEC Country a day or so ago that AU & UGA were just behind SCe. He said FSU was in there too but did not concretely say they were #2 from what I read.

53 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

He isn't visiting.

He may have been referring to any news on his LSU visit which was today I believe 

43 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

He may have been referring to any news on his LSU visit which was today I believe 

Overslept. Didn't visit either school.

14 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

Should I be happy...didn't visit them, but he overslept?! 

Well LSU 247 reporter CBing him to LSU & Keith changing his to foggy is eye opening. Feel how you want to feel.

Edited by ellitor

13 minutes ago, dabrasco said:

2CBs to LSU in the past 20 mins. WTF?

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

I feel this is most appropriate for the situation. This is one of the biggest recent examples of how recruiting can flip on a dime so quickly. #crutin. NOTHING is guaranteed. That is why getting these guys in the boat when things are trending are way is KEY.

Edited by GwillMac6