2018 4* LB Zakoby McClain commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

That, my friend, is becoming a chronic curse on Auburn and linebackers going back to the 2011 class. I'd say '15 and '17 were exceptions, but normally we go from "what we gonna' do with all these linebackers" in April to a hand full of nothing 10 months later when signing day rolls around. It way past time this got fixed!

Amen, Mikey. We need to take a page from Bama’s Roster management playbook. They have 4 LBs injured and are still bringing a solid 4 or 5 to the Iron Bowl. We always seem to be 1 or 2 injuries away from disaster. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I feel we will have some recruits Sat. that the only reason they are there is to see the game.  Can’t blame them, free ticket to #1 vs #6 and it’s the Iron Bowl winner take all SEC West Champ and goes to SEC Title game w/ a shot at a possible playoff spot who would not want to go.

I doubt it is that for this kid. I mean he HAS to end up somewhere. I believe this is the first college game he has attended this year. Or I should say he is SUPPOSED to attend since until he actually physically in jordan hare at 2:30 you really never feel to good that he is coming! lol

I’ve said for a long time, this dude can play. Games or wish-washy or whatever. Sign him. He can ball. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AU, WVU, & LSU but pretty much just AU.

Those were my thoughts. I haven’t seen any LSU chatter, and the WVU fan chatter I’ve seen is probably just wishful thinking.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This cat has become a major AU target again & is committing tomorrow. Good call @GwillMac6...

He is a baller. I am so happy T Will stuck with him!!!! Best LB coach and recruiter in the country!!!!!!! WAR DAMN T WILL!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Well, 

I don’t know what to do with all this good news I’ve been hearing( reading) lately.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is a baller. I am so happy T Will stuck with him!!!! Best LB coach and recruiter in the country!!!!!!! WAR DAMN T WILL!!!

Has even visited. Lol!! This kid is all over... J/K

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Has even visited. Lol!! This kid is all over... J/K

hey seth williams committed before he even went to 1 AU game this year. But yes suprisingly he was at the Iron Bowl this weekend. HE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!! 

tenor.gif

• Like 2

I'm cautiously optimistic about McClain. He's been so erratic up to this point it will be hard for me to get too happy until the LOI hits our fax machine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about McClain. He's been so erratic up to this point it will be hard for me to get too happy until the LOI hits our fax machine.

tenor.gif?itemid=4423036

hopefully he signs in december to put our mind at ease.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

17d56694-0012-40a8-90c9-f5f9520814f6_tex

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Is this kid worth the drama?

Consensus is yes. We all trust Twill to keep him in line and close the deal

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Is this kid worth the drama?

He will be a Top 200 player when Scout's rankings are dropped. If flakiness on the recruiting trail is his only "drama" then yes.

• Like 1