2018 4* LB Zakoby McClain commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Especially since he's the lowest paid coach on staff.

Memo to Gus: Let's not lose one of our top 2 recruiters because of a small issue called m-o-n-e-y!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Memo to Gus: Let's not lose one of our top 2 recruiters because of a small issue called m-o-n-e-y!

Memo to reality: Young people just starting out have to work their way up the pay scale. He's done an excellent job and will certainly get a hefty raise. That doesn't mean he gets the keys to the bank vault.

Also, Auburn's assistants are among the highest paid in college football. They don't normally leave here for a side-way change. If they get promoted by the move, then that's what America is all about.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Memo to reality: Young people just starting out have to work their way up the pay scale. He's done an excellent job and will certainly get a hefty raise. That doesn't mean he gets the keys to the bank vault.

Also, Auburn's assistants are among the highest paid in college football. They don't normally leave here for a side-way change. If they get promoted by the move, then that's what America is all about.

This              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is what I was referring to Mikey. Think you got a tad excited there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks like a good pick up. T-Will getting it done, hope he can reel in another big fish or two.

First, Welcome to the family ZM!  I am not complaining on such an athletic LB, but is he not just a little small for a MLB?  I thought we were sticking with the 6-3 235 kind of player.  I know he will put on some weight in our S&C program, but will he put on enough to play MLB or will they move him outside?

6 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

First, Welcome to the family ZM!  I am not complaining on such an athletic LB, but is he not just a little small for a MLB?  I thought we were sticking with the 6-3 235 kind of player.  I know he will put on some weight in our S&C program, but will he put on enough to play MLB or will they move him outside?

He's expected to be a WLB. Not sure where MLB came from.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's expected to be a WLB. Not sure where MLB came from.

Not sure where I got MLB. I thought I read it on here but I just went back through the thread and didn't see it anywhere.  My bad

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

Not sure where I got MLB. I thought I read it on here but I just went back through the thread and didn't see it anywhere.  My bad

I think I heard B Wolk say it on his Facebook show the other night! Maybe you heard it there. Not sure if he misspoke or I miss-heard though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

I'm not big on stars or rankings, but why the BIG drop for this guy?! Top100 in May to 200+ today:dunno:

He was in their top 150 this time & dropped 66 spots. As to why?...His size

“McClain is a very intriguing prospect for multiple reasons. As a linebacker though, he is on the small side and his frame is a little narrow. It will be interesting to see how he fills out and he how/where he is used on the next level. We know he has speed to the ball and he delivers some pop too. His frame is a concern and just how he will play in the box on the next level. He recently committed to Auburn.” - Simmons

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He was in their top 150 & dropped 66 spots. As to why?...His size

Thanks! According to the article you posted back in May; he was. Regardless, that's still a HUGE drop. Hope he stays solid, and signs those documents!!

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

According to the article you posted back in May; he was.

You're right. That's 2 straight recruiting updates he has dropped at least 50 spots.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

WTH? They didn't know how big he was when they originally ranked him, lol ??

Yes. As loof said they probably thought his frame would grow some his Sr year to project him adding weight easier in college.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes. As loof said they probably thought his frame would grow some his Sr year to project him adding weight easier in college.

I get it. I still think he can be Little Ball of Hate, Part Deux.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

I get it. I still think he can be Little Ball of Hate, Part Deux.

No question about it.Maybe he will use it all as

tenor.gif?itemid=5972696

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2017 at 8:42 AM, Mikey said:

Mikey I agree with you but look at what Kodi is getting paid.  Is Kodi worth 150K a year more than Travis.  I don't think so.  Travis has put in more time to boot.

Edited by NorthGATiger

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Mikey I agree with you but look at what Kodi is getting paid.  Is Kodi worth 150K a year more than Travis.  I don't think so.  Travis has put in more time to boot.

No but he had more experience as a full time college coach & had a full time job at a P5 school so he gets paid more til T-Will's 1st full time coaching contract is up which I believe is soon.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

No but he had more experience as a full time college coach & had a full time job at a P5 school so he gets paid more til T-Will's 1st full time coaching contract is up which I believe is soon.

You are correct about that.

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

McClain ready to sign with AU

AUBURN |

isn’t an early enrollee, but that won’t keep him from signing in the early signing period.

McClain, a four-star linebacker from Valdosta, Ga., will end his recruitment on Wednesday, the first day allowed by the NCAA.

“I’m ready,” McClain said.

McClain committed to Auburn in November, choosing the Tigers over LSU and West Virginia. His relationship with Auburn linebackers coach Travis Williams was a big reason his chose Auburn. After an official visit over the weekend, it’s more than just Williams.

“I loved it,” McClain said. “I love the players, and everybody that’s committed here is cool.”

McClain met and hung out with several fellow commitments during his two-night visit. Quarterback Joey Gatewood, defensive ends Richard Jibunor and Kayode Oladele, linebacker Michael Harris and running back Asa Martin were among a large group of commitments on campus.

“We were hanging out,” McClain said.

And making plans.

“We want to win a championship,” McClain said. “We want to bring that back to Auburn.”

McClain will join Auburn’s early enrollees in the summer. In the meantime, he’ll be working to gain weight.

“I’m 200 and I want to be at 225,” McClain said. “I’m competitive, tough, physical and fast linebacker, but I want to get stronger and a little bit faster.”

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2