2018 4* LB Zakoby McClain commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well LSU 247 reporter CBing him to LSU & Keith changing his to foggy is eye opening. Feel how you want to feel.

Yeah, the foggy pick by Keith is the one that caught my attention.

Just now, PikesEagle said:

Yeah, the foggy pick by Keith is the one that caught my attention.

the LSU CB pick by the Lsu reporter is another one.

5 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Very odd. He has never visited LSU.

Remember Harold Joiner named Michigan State his leader awhile ago (it has changed already because LOL of course it has.) Without ever visiting there either.  Recruiting can be so random. Lol there is always a few kids every cycle who are all over the place.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Have faith - Twill - nuff said ! 

Twill has to be tired at this point of this kid blowing him off and not visiting! haha. He has only visited once but was supposed to visit a lot more.

4 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

And he overslept for a visit. Call me old fashioned, but the importance of being punctual is big. 

didn't last week was it that he was supposed to be at the cookout but ended up at west virginia instead? weird. 

LB is one position where I think AU can lose a few recruits and still find some quality replacements (thanks Travis).

And he may or may not end up at LSU, but Orgeron can't be underestimated as a recruiter, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Recruiting has gotten him to where he is now.

Any chance we backed off him because we have someone else in the fold?  That could help explain the abruptness of the news?  Or someone went hands out and we pulled back?

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Any chance we backed off him because we have someone else in the fold?  That could help explain the abruptness of the news?  Or someone went hands out and we pulled back?

I wondered that myself...we should just take Peterson and Walker and call it a day...?

Edited by Tigerfinz
  • Like 1

Personally, I'd rather have McClain. I think the kid is going to be a stud. 

• Like 1

I really want this kid. Sometimes you have to put up with this immaturity in recruiting. Auburn has a chance to become absolutely loaded at LB after this recruiting class. Harris is a great start, but I'm expecting McClain & Jibunor... And I'm hoping for Tindall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

I really want this kid. Sometimes you have to put up with this immaturity in recruiting. Auburn has a chance to become absolutely loaded at LB after this recruiting class. Harris is a great start, but I'm expecting McClain & Jibunor... And I'm hoping for Tindall.

Jibunor is being recruited as a buck 

He should already be in this class if we are being honest. No one has dealt with his erratic behavior when it comes to no showing visits like T will and AU.  I hate he is making T Will play this dance like this. He does not have a closer relationship with any coach that is recruiting him like he does with T Will. It honestly is a slap in the face to be randomly loving LSU so much a place he has never visited. SMH. With that being said I REALLY REALLY want this kid bad still! lol. You give more lee way on what you will deal with in a guy who has this much talent. Really hope he ends up in Orange and Blue!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Any new news?

AU has backed off of him. Do not like him playing games.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

AU has backed off of him. Do not like him playing games.

Sooooooo okay with that. 

We don't have to suck up for LBs anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Sooooooo okay with that. 

We don't have to suck up for LBs anymore. 

With the season we are about to have *knock on wood* He will come running back and THEN we will have all the leverage. IMO he will still end up in this class.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Crystal Balls flying in for LSU........ but he has never even visited there. T Will must be beside himself if he does commit to LSU. We bended over backwards trying to get this kid to visit and he kept flaking on us.

We'll see what happens against the South Carolina gumps, but that defensive performance last night has to get some recruits attention. Defense flat out ballin'. Hope that sways some of these flaky ones....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

We'll see what happens against the South Carolina gumps, but that defensive performance last night has to get some recruits attention. Defense flat out ballin'. Hope that sways some of these flaky ones....

I agree 100%. If we keep displaying a dominant defense that will def turn some more heads. Seems this kid is a lost cause though. Kid wants to go somewhere so bad he will commit there without even visiting campus?! okkkk........ 

• 2 months later...

Jeff Holland is proof that just STAYING THE COURSE with a guy on a weird, hot and cold, up and down recruitment CAN pay off and have huge dividends on the field for AU. We NEED HIM!!! I feel with the success we are having this year he would be less likely to play games now. He is going to be a stud somewhere. Why not have it be Auburn? I hope we give this one more try. I know he has burned us big time this past summer but man what a LB class it would be if we could get him in the boat. #WDE Come on Twill! Bring him home.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1