2018 4* LB Zakoby McClain commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jeff Holland is proof that just STAYING THE COURSE with a guy on a weird, hot and cold, up and down recruitment CAN pay off and have huge dividends on the field for AU. We NEED HIM!!! I feel with the success we are having this year he would be less likely to play games now. He is going to be a stud somewhere. Why not have it be Auburn? I hope we give this one more try. I know he has burned us big time this past summer but man what a LB class it would be if we could get him in the boat. #WDE Come on Twill! Bring him home.

Was Jeff’s recruitment hot and cold? I know he committed with Cowart

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Was Jeff’s recruitment hot and cold? I know he committed with Cowart

it was in the summer and during the season like it was/is with this kid from what I can remember. He played some games but def not as much as Zakoby has/had. As soon as muschamp was hired he def was the biggest lock out of the cowart gang from what I recall. He is some kind of AU legacy as well. I think his mom is related to chuck person or something.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jeff Holland is proof that just STAYING THE COURSE with a guy on a weird, hot and cold, up and down recruitment CAN pay off and have huge dividends on the field for AU. We NEED HIM!!! I feel with the success we are having this year he would be less likely to play games now. He is going to be a stud somewhere. Why not have it be Auburn? I hope we give this one more try. I know he has burned us big time this past summer but man what a LB class it would be if we could get him in the boat. #WDE Come on Twill! Bring him home.

The two reasons why Jeff came to Auburn were Ellis was fired and Muschamp was hired. If Ellis never got fired, Holland would’ve never came to Auburn as the recruitment already fizzled out. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

it was in the summer and during the season like it was/is with this kid from what I can remember. He played some games but def not as much as Zakoby has/had. As soon as muschamp was hired he def was the biggest lock out of the cowart gang from what I recall. He is some kind of AU legacy as well. I think his mom is related to chuck person or something.

FIFY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUcivE09 said:

FIFY

BURN.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

The two reasons why Jeff came to Auburn were Ellis was fired and Muschamp was hired. If Ellis never got fired, Holland would’ve never came to Auburn as the recruitment already fizzled out. 

THANK YOU ELLIS *CLAP CLAP CLAP* bad defensive coordinators work in mysterious ways! lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't think he's worth the trouble.

11 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I don't think he's worth the trouble.

He is really  immature. Twill would knock that out of him real soon. If he was getting in trouble with the law then I would agree. I will admit the more talented the kid the more leeway you give them. We just need another talented LB in this class and I think he is the best bet because it will be hard to flip a guy bama covets truthfully.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Deja Vu

I am having recruiting PTSD with him and Seth Williams lol

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Deja Vu

Is there a scared Icon I can use?! because that is what I am! lol

Just now, FASTCOMPANY said:

Let's say the staff pushes for a verbal. If he declines, would they "move on"? He does seem to be VERY wishy washy... but what teenager isn't:dunno:

Probaly will not even make it to push for a verbal lol. nah man. this kid is even more wishy washy than the average recruit. I do not even know what he has been doing all football season. This is the first visit to ANY school I think he has been on since the season started that I know of.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Probaly will not even make it to push for a verbal lol. nah man. this kid is even more wishy washy than the average recruit. I do not even know what he has been doing all football season. This is the first visit to ANY school I think he has been on since the season started that I know of.

With that being the case, I hope we have more stable LBs on the board:slapfh:

Right now we're in trouble at the position for this class.. There's time to add a quality LB or two, but it's getting hard to see just who that might be.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

lol we are not in exactly in a good spot with any other studs which is why we are going back to him. I am for it. because he is a stud player. I def want him bad in this class.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Right now we're in trouble at the position for this class.. There's time to add a quality LB or two, but it's getting hard to see just who that might be.

Hard to understand how a few months ago we were in the top group for so many, and now struggling to fill the spots. Especially with our LBs playing so well this season.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol we are not in exactly in a good spot with any other studs which is why we are going back to him. I am for it. because he is a stud player. I def want him bad in this class.

HOPEFULLY he signs and ends up being worth the headaches....HOPEFULLY

• Thanks 1

HOPEFULLY he signs and ends up being worth the headaches....HOPEFULLY

Jeff Holland was. He played games with us until the moment Boom became our DC and then he was locked in even though he did not commit till signing day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

Hard to understand how a few months ago we were in the top group for so many, and now struggling to fill the spots. Especially with our LBs playing so well this season.

That, my friend, is becoming a chronic curse on Auburn and linebackers going back to the 2011 class. I'd say '15 and '17 were exceptions, but normally we go from "what we gonna' do with all these linebackers" in April to a hand full of nothing 10 months later when signing day rolls around. It way past time this got fixed!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

That, my friend, is becoming a chronic curse on Auburn and linebackers going back to the 2011 class. I'd say '15 and '17 were exceptions, but normally we go from "what we gonna' do with all these linebackers" in April to a hand full of nothing 10 months later when signing day rolls around. It way past time this got fixed!

Trust me, I'm in the Mikey," WE NEED LINEBACKER CAMP"!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

Let's say the staff pushes for a verbal. If he declines, would they "move on"? He does seem to be VERY wishy washy... but what teenager isn't:dunno:

Don't see the staff pushing for a commitment yet. Making 1 visit after repeated AWOLs does not turn into a take I don't think.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

We never led for any besides Z-Mac & Jibunor though. Jibunor commits today BTW. Also the staff sees the Buck position as a LB because they are mostly coached by Steele & T-Will.

• Like 2

I feel we will have some recruits Sat. that the only reason they are there is to see the game.  Can’t blame them, free ticket to #1 vs #6 and it’s the Iron Bowl winner take all SEC West Champ and goes to SEC Title game w/ a shot at a possible playoff spot who would not want to go.

Edited by AlaskanFAN