Today's Hearing

AUDub

Lot of interesting stuff today. I think Congressman Schiff laid it out pretty well here.

40 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Lot of interesting stuff today. I think Congressman Schiff laid it out pretty well here.

Your thoughts on the key takeaways?

That was strong. Very compelling.

17 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Your thoughts on the key takeaways?

In many ways, it was a confirmation of what I already suspected. They once again reiterated the lack of evidence for any unlawful wiretaps. Mike Rogers torpedoed the Trump claim that Obama had ordered British spies to eavesdrop on his presidential election campaign.

The biggest thing, to me, was of course the reveal of the collusion investigation. One moment that made me wonder what reality I'm living in was when one of Trump's tweets:

"President Trump‏ @POTUS The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process."

was read to Comey and Rogers 30 minutes after it hit the web, and they denied it was accurate. The looks on their faces were one of horror.

The President is either:

Delusional

A chronic liar

Understands that many people will believe anything he says, simply because they want to believe

All of the above

These are very easy subjects to obfuscate.  It's hardly surprising that Trumplicans are doing so to the maximum.

We've seen comments on this forum that are doing the same, either by design or from their own cognitive dissonance created by the Trumplicans.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

That doesn't explain away the deliberate obfuscation by conflating election interference with vote tampering (for example).

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

That doesn't explain away the deliberate obfuscation by conflating election interference with vote tampering (for example).

It doesn't appear to me that was the goal, but rather to suggest that  "the nothing burger is still a nothing burger. The heads of various agencies have said with one voice that “there is no evidence” of any criminal collusion between Donald Trump and his associates and the Russians. 2) The one crime we know was committed was the unmasking of Mike Flynn’s name."

59 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It doesn't appear to me that was the goal, but rather to suggest that  "the nothing burger is still a nothing burger. The heads of various agencies have said with one voice that “there is no evidence” of any criminal collusion between Donald Trump and his associates and the Russians. 2) The one crime we know was committed was the unmasking of Mike Flynn’s name."

So the Russian attempt to influence our election is meaningless?  Stop chasing rabbits.  It's not about Trump, Obama, Flynn.  It's damn sure not about the partisan political game.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

So the Russian attempt to influence our election is meaningless?  Stop chasing rabbits.  It's not about Trump, Obama, Flynn.  It's damn sure not about the partisan political game.

Who said that? Uh, no one. I am speaking to an opinion piece an the goal of said piece. Pour me a glass please. 

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Who said that? Uh, no one. I am speaking to an opinion piece an the goal of said piece. Pour me a glass please. 

Spare me.  

Archived