Tomi Lahren learned something

AUDub

The right wing is stocked full of just as many PC snowflakes as the left wing.

Amid a conservative backlash over Tomi Lahren’s explanation on why she is “pro-choice,” the conservative commentator’s show has reportedly been pulled off air for the week, the Blaze confirmed.

I find her views odious, but I am having a good laugh at the irony.

So, you stalwart defenders of freeze peach on this forum. What say you?

I wouldn't have suspended her if I owned The Blaze.  I would state that Ms. Lahren's views do not reflect the views of this website and then just let the audience take care of things themselves.  She swallowed her foot right up to the kneecap.  She can try to dig herself out of it.  If her readership falls off, I'd just can her for performance when her contract was up.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I wouldn't have suspended her if I owned The Blaze.  I would state that Ms. Lahren's views do not reflect the views of this website and then just let the audience take care of things themselves.  She swallowed her foot right up to the kneecap.  She can try to dig herself out of it.  If her readership falls off, I'd just can her for performance when her contract was up.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, but I also have no problem with the Blaze doing whatever they like. They have a brand to protect.

I've never liked her.  She's a venomous, right wing talking head. A slightly more palatable Milo that saw an opportunity and became a right wing darling not by promoting conservative views, but by being young, pretty and constantly railing against "those evil libruls." She's not a conservative, she's an opportunist. She's not pro-life or pro-choice. She's whatever it's most convenient to be depending on her audience, and she made her fame by further dividing the nation. She's on record castigating abortion doctors as murderers. What she was probably doing here was try to soften her stance so she can get picked up by a more mainstream news network, and anyone falling for this, her naked opportunism is, IMO, a fool.

That being said, she's only 24 and I hope she learns and grows. Lord knows I've changed a lot since I was that age, and that was only 7 years ago.

But the point I'm trying to make is, can we finally quit it with the pissing contest and admit that both sides have a problem with opposing views? It's not like one side has a monopoly on silencing said views.

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, but I also have no problem with the Blaze doing whatever they like. They have a brand to protect.

I've never liked her.  She's a venomous, right wing talking head. A slightly more palatable Milo that saw an opportunity and became a right wing darling not by promoting conservative views, but by being young, pretty and constantly railing against "those evil libruls." She's not a conservative, she's an opportunist. She's not pro-life or pro-choice. She's whatever it's most convenient to be depending on her audience, and she made her fame by further dividing the nation. She's on record castigating abortion doctors as murderers. What she was probably doing here was try to soften her stance so she can get picked up by a more mainstream news network, and anyone falling for this her naked opportunism is, IMO, a fool.

That being said, she's only 24 and I hope she learns and grows. Lord knows I've changed a lot since I was that age, and that was only 7 years ago.

But the point I'm trying to make is, can we finally quit it with the pissing contest and admit that both sides have a problem with opposing views? It's not like one side has a monopoly on silencing said views.

I never liked her even when I agreed with the point she was making.  She's obnoxious and more about showmanship than substance.

I agree with the last sentence.  I've always said, the solution to speech one disagrees with, even vehemently, is MORE speech, not less.  You hone your arguments and you seek to convince people your views are superior in the marketplace of ideas by being better at explaining and persuading, not by shutting down the other side.

1 minute ago, AUUSN said:

Whoops...

See, this is the irony I was talking about. 

5 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

She's a pretty Ann Coulter. 

Ann Coulter would run rings around her. 

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

Pretty sure they are on the same team.

Yes, but Tomi doesn't like to read:

“Later on in the conversation, she noted that she has a “short attention span,” told Weinstein that she’s “not a reader” and doesn’t “read long books.””

and Ann Coulter has at least written a few. :)

Coulter at least sometimes presents a challenge to liberals and often goes into places where you typically won't find an outspoken Republican. There have been a few times where she's pointed out hypocrisies or busted myths within the political realm.

Lahren is worse. If you took Coulter, made her younger and prettier but removed what few redeeming qualities she has, Lahren is where you should end up. It's like she got a D in Right-wing 101 and was given her own TV show.

In a sane country they both would have been laughed off the airwaves long ago, but of the two, Coulter is more intelligent, and even though I also find her views odious, she does do her research.

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Yes, but Tomi doesn't like to read:

and Ann Coulter has at least written a few. :)

Coulter at least sometimes presents a challenge to liberals and often goes into places where you typically won't find an outspoken Republican. There have been a few times where she's pointed out hypocrisies or busted myths within the political realm.

Lahren is worse. If you took Coulter, made her younger and prettier but removed what few redeeming qualities she has, Lahren is where you should end up. It's like she got a D in Right-wing 101 and was given her own TV show.

In a sane country they both would have been laughed off the airwaves long ago, but of the two, Coulter is more intelligent, and even though I also find her views odious, she does do her research.

I understand your point. Here's mine- they both equally disgust me. 

She's done.

Just gonna leave this here:

I started TheBlaze for a number of reasons, but for this post, I will focus on three:

1. As “talent,” I never wanted to be told what I could or could not say. I wanted to be able to speak my conscience without anyone above me attempting to “influence” my voice.

2. I wanted to build a company with a business model that would not require me to kowtow to outside voices.

3. I wanted to grant those who would come to work for me the same control over their voices that I demand for mine…

As majority owner of TheBlaze, I do not control the editorial voice, as much as people seem to believe otherwise. I won’t pretend — I could. I have the ownership to hire and fire at my whim. I could make TheBlaze into a propaganda machine to advance anything I want or believe in. I could control the talent on our network, and if they were to resist, I could replace them. But I wouldn’t dream of exercising that control. I never have and I never will.

Over the weekend, a petition on Change.org was created to have Tomi Lahren removed from TheBlaze. The petition currently has over 50,000 “supporters.” I respect the person who started the petition, as well as those who support it, but I respectfully disagree.

At TheBlaze, I hire many people with whom I disagree on many levels. While I am deeply religious and a conservative libertarian, I hire and work side-by-side with atheists, liberals, Obama supporters and Trump supporters. (I am not sure how many Hillary supporters we have on staff, probably not many.) People would be shocked (sadly) at how many women hold senior positions, that we have several gay employees, that the two presidents of my companies (MRA and TheBlaze) are Jewish. But the fact that we may disagree on certain positions or policies does not matter inside our company, because we focus on our principles. So, though I disagree with many of the people who work for me, I will never cave to a boycott or a protest or fire someone for their voicing their opinion, EVEN if (and perhaps especially if) I disagree with their position.

I view the freedom of speech not only as fundamental to our way of life as Americans, but also as a natural right, a God-given right. It is a right I would defend with my life. And if someone has the courage and moral fortitude to express their feelings publicly, all the more reason for me to defend their right to speak. Very few of us have the conviction required to speak boldly and fearlessly in the face of opposition. Very few of us would speak out at the risk of being alienated, shunned, or — as history has shown and the present seems to be foreshadowing — of being killed.

Malcolm X. Gandhi. Churchill. Margret Sanger. MLK Jr. All of these leaders were outspoken. They each made the independent, courageous decision to make their voices and opinions known. Even in the face of opposition and obstacles, they stood proudly and loudly for the thing they believed in. I would have proudly stood or marched with some of them. I wish I could have. Some of these leaders espoused views that I find personally abhorrent, but I would proudly stand shoulder-to-shoulder with any of these leaders to defend their God-given right to speak their conscience. This is why I like Bernie Sanders. He has the courage to say what he believes. At least I know who he is. At least I know where we disagree. A broad diversity of thoughts and opinions in the marketplace of ideas does not make us weak, but rather, it is the impassioned exchange of these ideas that makes us strong. Indeed, it’s the uninhibited, free exchange of ideas that has always set America apart.

I just have a feeling there's a lot more to this than Lahren expressing unpopular views.  She strikes me as someone who thinks she knows everything already (she's 24!  practically a wise old sage!) and doesn't care to be told otherwise.  And I expect we'll soon hear some leaks as to what else was going on behind closed doors.

How about Joy Behar? Age and experience hasn't seemed to buy her anything.

I would rather watch a rock grow....

On 3/22/2017 at 10:53 AM, GiveEmElle said:

She's a pretty Ann Coulter. 

Ageists ! 

Also, I don't understand how a conservative can't also be pro- choice.  Just i don't think that choice is opened ended, up until and including when the child is born. 

I guess if I had a subscription to The Blaze, it would be cancelled, or something. :gofig:  

On 3/27/2017 at 5:27 PM, AURaptor said:

Ageists ! 

Also, I don't understand how a conservative can't also be pro- choice.  Just i don't think that choice is opened ended, up until and including when the child is born. 

I guess if I had a subscription to The Blaze, it would be cancelled, or something. :gofig:  

Yeah, wait until they become actual children, then write them off. <_<

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, wait until they become actual children, then write them off. <_<

That's what Obama does, by denying kids the right to go to schools that may actually teach them something, and instead force them to failing public schools. 

6 hours ago, AURaptor said:

That's what Obama does, by denying kids the right to go to schools that may actually teach them something, and instead force them to failing public schools. 

You funny boy!

OBAMA! OBAMA!

:roflol:

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

You funny boy!

OBAMA! OBAMA!

:roflol:

What's Obama's problem with school choice ?

Why would the federal Department of Justice cite the Civil Rights Act and the specter of segregation to try and block a school choice program where more than nine in 10 participants come from racial minority groups? Or use the Americans with Disabilities Act to claim another school voucher program discriminates against individuals with disabilities, without so much as a single complaint from a student or parent to prove their case?

Yet that’s exactly what the Obama administration’s Justice Department is doing—taking actions designed to stifle, and even block outright, programs that give children and parents more educational choices. Ironically enough, the DOJ even cited civil rights laws in attempting to deny parents the opportunity to move their children from failing schools—one of the foremost civil rights challenges of our time.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/07/whats-obamas-problem-with-school-choice-108667

Obama's war on school choice 

https://texasrainmaker.gop.com/obamas-war-on-school-choice-continues/

School Choice for me, but not for thee. 

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/obama-school-choice-for-me-but-not-for-thee/

37 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"More educational choices".   :lmao:   

Given that their current choice is:  "be stuck with the current failing school you're zoned for", I'd say even one other option (be it charter school or private school via voucher) is, by definition, "more educational choices."

On 3/21/2017 at 8:46 PM, homersapien said:

WTF!?  

Who in hell promotes a 24 year-old bimbo as a political commentator?    :dunno: 

Good thing you're not a conservative or right leaning poster or you would have been gotten a reply like this:

Why do old white guys feel the need to insult a woman's looks rather than respectfully debate?

8 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Good thing you're not a conservative or right leaning poster or you would have been gotten a reply like this:

Both are good questions.

Archived