Tyler Queen transferring

gr82b4au

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don't understand the part about never having an opportunity or something of that nature. There was plenty of that. 

I don't think he was being negative maybe more of thinking  no one here got to see what kind of player I can be, plus it's very very difficult for a competitive athlete to accept someone beat him out for a position.  

18 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

I think he had more potential than Franklin as a QB.

So do about 10 other guys on the team.

wde

Best of luck to Tyler! He had some bad luck with his health. I hope that is all behind him and he makes a big splash wherever he goes next. He is a good kid and gave up a potential baseball career for football at Auburn. You will always be family, Tyler. War Eagle!!!

Had hoped he would have had a chance to help us out but stayed hurt all the time. Hope he does well elsewhere but I'm afraid his career is about over. I thought he was a better Qb than Jackson but you can't foresee injuries.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, augolf1716 said:

Some people just want to bitch

Other people, like me, end up marrying one.

From what limited time I saw him play, mostly in spring practice, he appeared to be a quality QB but perhaps stuck in the wrong system. Good luck to him, I think he can be a winner at a place where he's a good fit.

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Other people, like me, end up marrying one.

Now that was funny.................for me to read first thing in the morning. Sorry to hear that Argo. Made me laugh Iose much I spit up my OJ

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Now that was funny.................for me to read first thing in the morning. Sorry to hear that Argo. Made me laugh Iose much I spit up my OJ

Glad to make you laugh. No worries now; I got it right the 2nd time.

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Glad to make you laugh. No worries now; I got it right the 2nd time.

My 1st (and still current) says I made her that way, and I sure as hell can't argue.

Congrats. If at first...

On 3/21/2017 at 3:04 PM, corchjay said:

Lamar Jackson ended up at Louisville because none of the blue bloods wanted him... Auburn included.  

Lamar Jackson was a composite 3*.  Overall QB he was the #28.

Tyler Queen was ranked #25.   So I guess many more was wrong on Jackson... however I think most would agree Petrino is the man behind Jackson and then his elite speed.  

And now AU has the #4 ranked QB recruit from that class by way of Baylor...

This deserves 1000 likes in my opinion. 

As for my own thoughts on this matter, I guess I am the only one who was shocked seeing this... I truly thoughthe would stick around and wind up a GA for us. 

But then again, I thought JF3 would transfer as a graduate transfer, possibly following Lashlee to UCONN. 

So...what do I know?

14 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

My 1st (and still current) says I made her that way, and I sure as hell can't argue.

Congrats. If at first...

Congrats brother. God intended it to be just 1, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

I hope Tyler Queen has a bright future where ever he goes, except if that team happens to play our Tigers. On that day if it should come to pass, I hope he's wayyyy off. But other than that, light it up!

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:57 AM, Mikey said:

From what limited time I saw him play, mostly in spring practice, he appeared to be a quality QB but perhaps stuck in the wrong system. Good luck to him, I think he can be a winner at a place where he's a good fit.

I never saw him play other than practice videos, etc.  but I also never understood what kind of offense he was brought here to run.   I'm thinking that with Gus and Rhett...and now Lindsey, nobody really knew what to do with him. ....and of course the injuries prevented anyone from developing him.  

JMO but the bad thing for him is that he spent 3 years at AU and probably did not improve his QB skills to any serious extent.   

It will be interesting to see where he ends up and what kind of offense he eventually gets involved with. 

• 4 weeks later...

I guess he found his new home link

Former Tiger Tyler Queen is returning to his home state. After announcing his decision to leave the Auburn program in March, the quarterback has decided to move on and play for West Georgia next season. Because West Georgia is a Division II school, Queen will be eligible to compete immediately in 2017.

Queen took to Twitter to officially announce the news Tuesday afternoon:

Queen was a three-star signee in Auburn’s 2015 recruiting class. He chose to sign with the Tigers over scholarship offers from Alabama, Texas A&M, Clemson, Miami, and North Carolina. In his two years with Auburn, Queen did not attempt a pass but did have one rushing attempt, which came last season.

JMO but barring injury I see him as having a very good career at West Georgia. 

They in the middle of their conference....expect he will add a lot of punch to their offense. Hope he as a good year and sorry things did not work for him at AU.

Archived