All things Malik Willis (Merged)

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Quite possibly my favorite thing I've seen posted here ever. Glad someone else has an affinity for Raising Arizona 

Aha!

Your pic!

Sorry I needed the wink/nudge, I'm just

slow on the uptake.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Quite possibly my favorite thing I've seen posted here ever. Glad someone else has an affinity for Raising Arizona 

Oh man, the wife and I were just talking about this movie. "Hi, I need me a baby Hi..." classic movie.

2 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Probably OK.

She's said (many times) that, at this stage in life, it's too late to "break in another one."

'Course, she's a doctor, knows where I sleep, and can make it look like natural causes.

I watch a lot of ID tv wife is scared to fall asleep

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

:dunno: I know backward and forward.......

On 2/11/2017 at 1:18 AM, cole256 said:

If he left because he was a number 2 guy then it would be no big deal. But anyway it goes one of the qb's on this team is going to have to be able to drive the ball down field....if you can't throw deep you're not going to the NFL period. In the NFL there aren't many wide open guys. Being accurate to me is throwing guys open and throwing in tight spaces. I think I've seen throwing a guy open a few times by sw, I've saw driving a ball downfield once by jj and twice by jf3. None of that is NFL material. These qb's are going to have to work on being at least average at all facets of being a qb for us to be successful. And whoever does that will be the starter doesn't matter what star or whatever they were.

Hows losing the #2 QB no big deal?  Who do you expect to fill that role?

I do think Malik is going to be very good.

It seems as if the "potential" our coaches have seen in HS QBs lately has outweighed the fact that the players did a poor job of leading their HS teams to victories, or maybe it was overlooked that they played against bad competition in HS. Players like NM, and now Malik, have proven that they have potential AND they played very well in HS against top competition. I like that. 

4 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

The next scholarship QB. 

8 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

I'm saying if he left because he was pouting or because he was scared of competition.....which I'm not saying is his character at all I'm going with the scenario that was presented. And hell we've been playing without production from the qb in big games....if anybody could pull it off it would be us......us, Florida, or lsu have been doing it for years it seems lol

18 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

I know how she feels. My wife watches it too much. I smell my drink if she fixes it. 

Very smart at least now antifreeze has a certain taste to it. I know how to cover that taste......;)

1 hour ago, atl-tiger said:

Thanks man! So the next scholarship as in a true freshman or redshirt freshman, neither one with experience?

Or a surprise resurgence of Tyler Queen.  He's had at least a snap or 2 :)

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Or a surprise resurgence of Tyler Queen.  He's had at least a snap or 2 :)

If that was a broken bone joke, I approve. I keed.

For real, though. He could be serviceable backup if he could remain upright long enough to practice the sport of football. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If that was a broken bone joke, I approve. I keed.

For real, though. He could be serviceable backup if he could remain upright long enough to practice the sport of football. 

A broken bone joke AND the truth. I know he played one down in a game last year.

I honestly don't have the slightest clue what Queen is capable of. He's a mystery wrapped in an enigma that is frequently wrapped in trainers tape.

51 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

A broken bone joke AND the truth. I know he played one down in a game last year.

I honestly don't have the slightest clue what Queen is capable of. He's a mystery wrapped in an enigma that is frequently wrapped in trainers tape.

That's some good word usage right there, sir. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Thanks man! So the next scholarship as in a true freshman or redshirt freshman, neither one with experience?

Most backups do not have experience.

- Reality.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Most backups do not have experience.

- Reality.

I originally quoted someone saying that if SW left it wouldn't hurt us.  He has extensive experience and the rest don't, but thanks for proving my point.

21 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I originally quoted someone saying that if SW left it wouldn't hurt us.  He has extensive experience and the rest don't, but thanks for proving my point.

Let me dissect this.

First, you misquoted the guy. He was saying it wouldn't be a big deal if SW left due to limited PT versus just leaving for fear of competition. If you are going to make a point, at least understand the context.

Secondly, SW being a backup is a luxury not a norm. SW had zero experience when JJ fell through. He turned out okay. Lately, we've had inadequate coaching which indirectly led to abysmal backup QB play. I do not expect this to be the case with CCL, therefore, I would not feel any anxiety if WB was to be the second QB, as he would've been evaluated by a trusted QB coach. Experience or not. Furthermore, I expect JS to be available for the duration of the season. This is something we've not been accustomed to the last couple of years as evident by the anxiety and angst some of you are having with the backup QB role. Way more attention being had then normal.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Let me dissect this.

First, you misquoted the guy. He was saying it wouldn't be a big deal if SW left due to limited PT versus just leaving for fear of competition. If you are going to make a point, at least understand the context.

Secondly, SW being a backup is a luxury not a norm. SW had zero experience when JJ fell through. He turned out okay. Lately, we've had inadequate coaching which indirectly led to abysmal backup QB play. I do not expect this to be the case with CCL, therefore, I would not feel any anxiety if WB was to be the second QB, as he would've been evaluated by a trusted QB coach. Experience or not. Furthermore, I expect JS to be available for the duration of the season. This is something we've not been accustomed to the last couple of years as evident by the anxiety and angst some of you are having with the backup QB role. Way more attention being had then normal.

He didn't state the PT vs competition until after I quoted him, even though I'm not sure why the reason he leaves matters.

The luxury comment is the point I was trying to make, thats all.  How about just don't quote me with a smart A comment when I'm asking a legitimate question trying to better understand somebody's thoughts?  Yes I understand there are plenty of QBs with no experience that are able to perform, but having SW as a backup is a huge plus.  You're speculating a lot here by predicting that JS won't get injured and WB will be a good QB even though his off the field struggles are worrying.  So once again, having SW as a backup would be nice.

9 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

He didn't state the PT vs competition until after I quoted him, even though I'm not sure why the reason he leaves matters.

The luxury comment is the point I was trying to make, thats all.  How about just don't quote me with a smart A comment when I'm asking a legitimate question trying to better understand somebody's thoughts?  Yes I understand there are plenty of QBs with no experience that are able to perform, but having SW as a backup is a huge plus.  You're speculating a lot here by predicting that JS won't get injured and WB will be a good QB even though his off the field struggles are worrying.  So once again, having SW as a backup would be nice.

That is the point of a prediction. It is all speculation. Keep up. As for SW. I really don't care. Some of you guys love him. Me? As long as the backup is competent then whatever. SW won't even be there at the start of spring. Heck, who's to even say he will play this spring? Secondly, I said if WB moved up on the depth chart, I would not feel any anxiety, as a TRUE QB coach would've evaluated him and had enough confidence to do so. Bottomline, I am not too high or low on SW. If he is the second string QB. cool. If he is not cool. I don't anticipate SW having any impact next year, as I hope and Pray JS completely leads our team to the promise land. Another smart A statement for you. 

Archived