Kyle Davis may be out rest of Spring

GwillMac6

I wish I could totally believe this but we know how Gus is about this kind of stuff. I will not believe he is back till we have pics of him on the practice field in august.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the past taking care of personal problems has been code for behavior problems  with Malzahn. I sure hope this isn't the case with this young man as I thought the sky was the limit for him.

Topics like this irk me. Because all it does is turn into a "What did x player do?" thread. I'm sure he's fine and in good company with the coaches. 

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Topics like this irk me. Because all it does is turn into a "What did x player do?" thread. I'm sure he's fine and in good company with the coaches. 

Well that really doesn't add up. If he is in school and in good standing why would he not be at practice? Assuming there is not some family issue that requires him to be at home and not school, what type personal problem requires a months absence? I am not trying to start rumors because I have no idea, but something is not right. Grades, not going to classes, not going to weight room, who knows. But he is missing the complete spring with a new QB that may be next years starter. 

16 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Alrighty, as long as your sure then. :)

37 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Well that really doesn't add up. If he is in school and in good standing why would he not be at practice? Assuming there is not some family issue that requires him to be at home and not school, what type personal problem requires a months absence? I am not trying to start rumors because I have no idea, but something is not right. Grades, not going to classes, not going to weight room, who knows. But he is missing the complete spring with a new QB that may be next years starter. 

A few people did say at the beginning of spring that his mother did have health problems. However I do understand people's reservations on this type of subject with what we've experienced in the past

44 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

A few people did say at the beginning of spring that his mother did have health problems. However I do understand people's reservations on this type of subject with what we've experienced in the past

Yeah. I was one of those person's that eluded to his mom. He loves his mom dearly. His dad is actually a school principal  and they're close as well. I to understand people's reservations with the "personal reasons" tag because of our history with that phrase. I'd be surprised if it has anything to do with his behavior yr but since we don't know 100%, i'll just pray all works out. But the constant i've been told is just to pray for his family.

32 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

She's in a wheelchair for those that can't see the pic

She's been wheelchair bound for years i believe. On and off health issues. 

He's still with his gf (I think). She's on the equestrian team...I'm more inclined to think it's family related, but that is a long time to tend to your issues. He was one of my FAV recruits so I really hope there is a positive ending. I also hope his mother is okay, if that's the reason he's absent. 

8 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Yeah. I was one of those person's that eluded to his mom. He loves his mom dearly. His dad is actually a school principle and they're close as well. I to understand people's reservations with the "personal reasons" tag because of our history with that phrase. I'd be surprised if it has anything to do with his behavior yr but since we don't know 100%, i'll just pray all works out. But the constant i've been told is just to pray for his family.

I agree, gut feeling just tells me it's not something related to issues that others have alluded to, could be wrong. I just personally don't feel the same feeling I felt when we had guys like Jovon, etc, were missing practices 

It's not a long time if your mom is very sick. He's still a kid. But again i don't want to run with anything that's not confirmed but for all the flack that i or others may give Gus...he's a good man. Family comes first.

1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

What are the rules for leave of absences like this? How does that work? 

Considering we don't know 100% what the reason is, i doubt it's hard to say what the rules are. Gus sets the rules. They're students first...then athletes. I'm willing to believe that if they're taking care of things in the classroom and there is a personal matter that's urgent and doesn't involve actions detrimental to the team...that's up to Gus. Just knowing some about his family background/situation and the fact he hasn't had any past issues i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Considering we don't know 100% what the reason is, i doubt it's hard to say what the rules are. Gus sets the rules. They're students first...then athletes. I'm willing to believe that if they're taking care of things in the classroom and there is a personal matter that's urgent and doesn't involve actions detrimental to the team...that's up to Gus. Just knowing some about his family background/situation and the fact he hasn't had any past issues i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. 

Is he on campus and just not at practice or away from AU completely? I too, don't think he is away for Jovon/Duke reasons. Hope he's okay though. 

4 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Is he on campus and just not at practice or away from AU completely? I too, don't think he is away for Jovon/Duke reasons. Hope he's okay though. 

Not sure if he's back on campus at this point. Just no spring practice but in order to keep up with classes/finals he'd have to return soon.  Likely a lot of back and forth traveling to deal with the personal issue thus why he's not going to be in spring practices. 

Lots of rumors floating around right now. 

Hopefully KD is keeping his nose clean and isn't in the doghouse, and this is something unrelated to him that he's just needing to take some time away for. It'd be believable he's got some family stuff going on 

1 minute ago, Tivo48 said:

Lots of rumors floating around right now. 

Hopefully KD is keeping his nose clean and isn't in the doghouse, and this is something unrelated to him that he's just needing to take some time away for. It'd be believable he's got some family stuff going on 

Agree! 

Where are those rumors? Can I get a PM as to what they are?

When Gus says "they'll be back by x..." I never, ever believe him.

Oh, and thank god we have two mobile QBs that sound like they can get the job done.

A whole pile of zero concrete information. A gigantic heap of nothin' to report. A truckload of squirming worms of rumor. Let's all jump in like monkeys in a cage and throw feces all over the place. Geez!

43 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

What are the rules for leave of absences like this? How does that work? 

You have three things to consider;

1)The school. Anybody that's a student in good standing can drop out for a term and return, barring some unusual event.

2)The team. That's Gus's call.

3)The NCAA's academic progress requirements can effect eligibility to play. That will depend on how far ahead or behind his academic schedule he was when he dropped out. The public isn't likely to learn that detail.

Archived