Kyle Davis may be out rest of Spring

GwillMac6

For some of you who are wondering why if he is on campus and not participating in Spring ball.  When your mind is not on practice but home events you are more susceptible to injury.  You do the same thing in other jobs where you need your full concentration or you risk injury to yourself or others.  If he is not in school and helping out at home then that is a different story.  Either way it will come out and we will know more by fall.  I think too many people are assuming the worst.  Let's give the kid the benefit of believing that it is personal reasons and not assume the worst until it is known.  That is what I plan on doing.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

The last time something like this happened there was totally unsubstantiated speculation that the player might be pregnant … You don't think that's possible here do you ?

Well that would certainly be... noteworthy. 

16 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Is he on campus and just not at practice or away from AU completely? I too, don't think he is away for Jovon/Duke reasons. Hope he's okay though. 

Away from Campus.

4 hours ago, AURex said:

A whole pile of zero concrete information. A gigantic heap of nothin' to report. A truckload of squirming worms of rumor. Let's all jump in like monkeys in a cage and throw feces all over the place. Geez!

I don't understand this post. The thread is surprisingly clean.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

3)The NCAA's academic progress requirements can effect eligibility to play. That will depend on how far ahead or behind his academic schedule he was when he dropped out. The public isn't likely to learn that detail.

This only comes into play if he did not properly withdraw from classes before leaving for the semester. Regardless of the sitch he has 5 years to play 4 seasons provided he is passing classes.

• WarTiger changed the title to Kyle Davis may be out rest of Spring

I remember when he was a recruit that he had really good grades and was a fine young man outside of school so I would be very surprised if it was that.  I do not think it is the right place to speculate or start rumors about his family's health issues, out of respect for him and his family.  I know most of us would be upset if we heard other people talking about our family member's health status, especially if untrue.

In time, we will know if he comes back to the team or not, and it might just be best to leave it at that, instead of gossiping about it.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

This only comes into play if he did not properly withdraw from classes before leaving for the semester. Regardless of the sitch he has 5 years to play 4 seasons provided he is passing classes. at the acceptable rate.

I completed your above work for you. You can send my money via PayPal.

10 hours ago, AURex said:

A whole pile of zero concrete information. A gigantic heap of nothin' to report. A truckload of squirming worms of rumor. Let's all jump in like monkeys in a cage and throw feces all over the place. Geez!

Are you talking about this thread?  Because there hasn't been one ounce of negativity or people throwing crap against the wall relative to the kids circumstances.  Folks are mainly giving support, offering prayers to he and his family and hoping he gets things cleared up and back on campus to complete his education and possibly get back on the field.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Away from Campus.

Don't think he's in the dog house.

He's been spotted on campus.

I hope I'm wrong but this doesn't sound promising to his future on the football team.

15 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I hope I'm wrong but this doesn't sound promising to his future on the football team.

He's still got summer session to catch up on his course load and get back on track academically, and if things smooth out in his personal life he may be able to carve out time for football.  

I always give the player the benefit of the doubt. I am assuming it is exactly what they are saying person problems.  I am praying for him and his family whatever the problem is and hoping it all works out and we see him in the fall.  Lets quit making guesses on what the reason is and drop this thread until we have some real information.  

54 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I would hope so... I'm not sure about eligibility rules, but I'm sure he is still continuing to go to class.  I could be wrong - I just didn't think a player could take a semester off.  

Just now, Barnacle said:

I would hope so... I'm not sure about eligibility rules, but I'm sure he is still continuing to go to class.  I could be wrong - I just didn't think a player could take a semester off.  

Agree Barnacle. Exams are right around the corner as well. Absent for practices but present for classes. There's always the weekend to handle what needs to be done. 

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Agree Barnacle. Exams are right around the corner as well. Absent for practices but present for classes. There's always the weekend to handle what needs to be done. 

Right, and I'm not trying to raise questions about being present for class and not for practices, I'm just assuming that he is still in class. 

2 hours ago, keesler said:

Are you talking about this thread?  Because there hasn't been one ounce of negativity or people throwing crap against the wall relative to the kids circumstances.

80Tiger -- "These situations rarely end good.

zamps76 -- In the past taking care of personal problems has been code for behavior problems

80Tiger -- something is not right. Grades, not going to classes, not going to weight room, who knows.

AidiAU -- I'm more inclined to think it's family related, but that is a long time to tend to your issues

Maverick.AU -- gut feeling just tells me

Tivo48 -- Lots of rumors floating around right now. Hopefully KD is keeping his nose clean and isn't in the doghouse

AUwent -- Where are those rumors? Can I get a PM as to what they are? When Gus says "they'll be back by x..." I never, ever believe him.

Keesler, this is where I made my remark. There was nothing but speculation and innuendo. And if you call those comments positive or supportive of the kid, I guess we'll just have to disagree about that.

32 minutes ago, AURex said:

zamps76 -- In the past taking care of personal problems has been code for behavior problems

80Tiger -- something is not right. Grades, not going to classes, not going to weight room, who knows.

AidiAU -- I'm more inclined to think it's family related, but that is a long time to tend to your issues

Tivo48 -- Lots of rumors floating around right now. Hopefully KD is keeping his nose clean and isn't in the doghouse

AUwent -- Where are those rumors? Can I get a PM as to what they are? When Gus says "they'll be back by x..." I never, ever believe him.

Keesler, this is where I made my remark. There was nothing but speculation and innuendo. And if you call those comments positive or supportive of the kid, I guess we'll just have to disagree about that.

Funny how u only use part of my comment to back up your "throwing crap" comment...

If trying to say that my gut feeling tells me that he hasn't done anything that "people have alluded to" isn't trying to support a kid then idk what is.

55 minutes ago, AURex said:

Of course I prefaced my remarks with that "if it is not a family issue" and you chose not to list that.

3 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Well, there you have it. It's either chicken pox or measles and Gus is just trying to keep the rest of the team away from a breakout epidemic. :-\

41 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

It's only March.

;)

In like a lion.

April showers and May flowers comin'?

I hope that he can get everything together and have a great fall. I feel that he can gain back his confidence both on and off the field and have a successful career at Auburn.

Archived