Kyle Davis may be out rest of Spring

GwillMac6

17 hours ago, Tivo48 said:

Lots of rumors floating around right now. 

Hopefully KD is keeping his nose clean and isn't in the doghouse, and this is something unrelated to him that he's just needing to take some time away for. It'd be believable he's got some family stuff going on 

To he honest I wouldn't want it to be family related as it pertains to mom. Because you can get out of the dog house but you can't replace mom.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Well, there you have it. It's either chicken pox or measles and Gus is just trying to keep the rest of the team away from a breakout epidemic. :-\

It would suck to have either as an adult. 

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What's the deal with Kyle being a no show for spring workouts?

Still another excellent question.

14 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Link?

31 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

To he honest I wouldn't want it to be family related as it pertains to mom. Because you can get out of the dog house but you can't replace mom.

I don't think it's that kind of issue, especially since he's still in classes. I would imagine it has something to do with classes if he's still in them. I don't know how close Cole Cueblic is to the program, but he basically said as much during the Jox Roundtable this afternoon. Kyle is the type of player that we can afford to have focus on other things during the spring, in order to make sure he's here during the fall...

I just wish he'd stay off IG..any social media at this point regardless of what the issue is. Can't let people push your button. I can't stand when so called adults take it too far with college athletes; trying to get a reaction or info out of them.

12 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I would hope so... I'm not sure about eligibility rules, but I'm sure he is still continuing to go to class.  I could be wrong - I just didn't think a player could take a semester off. 

Why not? Any other student can drop out for a term, go to work and pick up some $ and return. Any student can take a term off for any reason. If the coach gives a player the Ok to go home for a term I don't see any problem.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Why not? Any other student can drop out for a term, go to work and pick up some $ and return. Any student can take a term off for any reason. If the coach gives a player the Ok to go home for a term I don't see any problem.

I was thinking about Jordan Wilkins from Ole Miss. He didn't have enough credit hours to maintain eligibility last fall, and as a result became academically ineligible. This article explains it better than me, but I don't think players can just take off without sufficient justification, like hardship or medical reasons. Anyway, I don't think KD has taken the semester off, so none of this should apply. 

7 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I was thinking about Jordan Wilkins from Ole Miss. He didn't have enough credit hours to maintain eligibility last fall, and as a result became academically ineligible. This article explains it better than me, but I don't think players can just take off without sufficient justification, like hardship or medical reasons. Anyway, I don't think KD has taken the semester off, so none of this should apply. 

That takes us back to the Academic Progress rule, which is not that tough. If someone is making normal progress they could well miss a term and still be eligible to play.

What makes you think Davis is in school? Is there some solid info about this or just somebody's hunch? There are others who believe he's not attending classes this term.

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That takes us back to the Academic Progress rule, which is not that tough. If someone is making normal progress they could well miss a term and still be eligible to play.

What makes you think Davis is in school? Is there some solid info about this or just somebody's hunch? There are others who believe he's not attending classes this term.

No its not solid info. No more solid than anything else, I presume. But, Cole Cueblic was alluding to there being academic problems this morning. Tifwiw 

Kyle Davis is pretty good but I'm really more concerned with where Kyle Allen is. We need him making more one handed grabs this season!

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Kyle Davis is pretty good but I'm really more concerned with where Kyle Allen is. We need him making more one handed grabs this season!

With Verne and Musberger both leaving this year, who the heck is going to find the true pronunciation of these players names, regardless of what is on the back of their jersey?  Or find the pretty girls in the stands?

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

With Verne and Musberger both leaving this year, who the heck is going to find the true pronunciation of these players names, regardless of what is on the back of their jersey?  Or find the pretty girls in the stands?

WIth both of those guys out of the picture I may just stop watching sports altogether

3 hours ago, Jfsmoncrief said:

I ran out of likes

Before your 1st post? Neat.

To my understanding, your "like" quiver will be refilled by morning.

Welcome home and post often.

On 3/23/2017 at 2:16 PM, Tiger said:

WIth both of those guys out of the picture I may just stop watching sports altogether

Judging from their commentary, I'm pretty sure Verne and Brent stopped watching sports a long time ago...

On 3/22/2017 at 1:29 PM, auburn4ever said:

Preggers. He got knocked up

On 3/23/2017 at 10:14 AM, AUBwins said:

Or talk about anything besides the game...Britney Spears or Joe Namath s coat. 

Archived