Perhaps We Need More Regulations/Enforcement

icanthearyou

43 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Regulations can diminish profits. Check your priorities.

You are correct Tex. Perhaps we should better define what needs strict regulation,permits,fees..........

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Regulations can diminish profits. Check your priorities.

Sorry, I just can not seem to get into the spirit of amassing huge sums of money, as being the meaning of life.  I am trying.

BTW, why did you move this?

19 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Sorry, I just can not seem to get into the spirit of amassing huge sums of money, as being the meaning of life.  I am trying.

BTW, why did you move this?

Agree with your huge sums on the "meaning of life" but the guys intent was not to kill. Compound is interesting. had a case of toenail fungus a few years ago that an orthopedic prescribed for me.it worked. Why racketeering. thought that was when you forced someone to purchase a good? 

52 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Agree with your huge sums on the "meaning of life" but the guys intent was not to kill. Compound is interesting. had a case of toenail fungus a few years ago that an orthopedic prescribed for me.it worked. Why racketeering. thought that was when you forced someone to purchase a good? 

Did you read the article?

You were prescribed a toenail fungus?

11 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Did you read the article?

You were prescribed a toenail fungus?

sorry, I had toenail fungus and he prescribed from a compound drug company. never heard of one until then.

33 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

sorry, I had toenail fungus and he prescribed from a compound drug company. never heard of one until then.

Being a Children's Hospital, we have our own compounding facility on site. In fact, I'm the one in charge of maintenance and repair of the compounding pumps and the RIVA automated compounding robots. 

We are extremely careful about keeping contaminants out of that room. It's at a constant positive pressure and going in involves a scrubbing/dressing procedure that still takes me 5-10 minutes. Shoe covers, scrub, spray down with alcohol, impermeable gown, hair cover, beard cover, mask, spray down with alcohol again and sterile gloves in that order. Then I'm allowed to enter. Sucks when I have to take tools in. Can't half ass these procedures though. Lives are at risk. 

These independent compounding facilities definitely need to be kept under a regulatory microscope. 

7 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Being a Children's Hospital, we have our own compounding facility on site. In fact, I'm the one in charge of maintenance and repair of the compounding pumps and the RIVA automated compounding robots. 

We are extremely careful about keeping contaminants out of that room. It's at a constant positive pressure and going in involves a scrubbing/dressing procedure that still takes me 5-10 minutes. Shoe covers, scrub, spray down with alcohol, impermeable gown, hair cover, beard cover, mask, spray down with alcohol again and sterile gloves in that order. Then I'm allowed to enter. Sucks when I have to take tools in. Can't half ass these procedures though. Lives are at risk. 

These independent compounding facilities definitely need to be kept under a regulatory microscope. 

Agree 100% with that kind of regulation per the topic BB. One of the last big projects I did was an ( interior) addition to a  Pharmavite plant. They produced the Natures Own Vitamins thus creating some huge challenges in doing a construction project in a "clean space". My objection with regulations are the needless. ie I understand that fruitcake land residents in California pay about 27% of their income on housing because that industry is so regulated. Florida is doing a great job of trying to catch up. Almost need a permit to run to the hardware store for a tube of caulk. 

Heck, I built my first home in Auburn 1986 - took a floor plan and duct layout to the city and got a permit. house is still great today. Agree that is to lax in this different day. Could go on forever about normal people in other businesses...... 

I don't have a problem with examining any given regulation, but you never hear about specific regulations from the anti-regulation crowd.  It's always just "regulations".   Nothing is ever specified. 

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I don't have a problem with examining any given regulation, but you never hear about specific regulations from the anti-regulation crowd.  It's always just "regulations".   Nothing is ever specified. 

I agree.  The discussion never even gets to even any generalized, specifics.

IMO, we have three basic types of regulations/motivations for regulations:

Those designed to actually serve/protect the public.

Those designed to thwart competition.

Those designed to create work for attorneys.

And of course, there are convenient combinations of all three.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Specific. The federal fishing regulations i.e. Snapper season duration and limits. Although I think snapper are overrated the regulations are a joke. :jossun: 

Several regulations in my industry that change yearly and we have no clue until time for the fat lady to sing. Something as simple as say a common patio area in a complex that needs a sign showing occupancy #s, who checks and who counts? who uses it?   

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Specific. The federal fishing regulations i.e. Snapper season duration and limits. Although I think snapper are overrated the regulations are a joke. :jossun: 

Several regulations in my industry that change yearly and we have no clue until time for the fat lady to sing. Something as simple as say a common patio area in a complex that needs a sign showing occupancy #s, who checks and who counts? who uses it?   

Is your contention the regulations on snapper season have no basis in biology or natural resource management?

Are you a commercial fisherman?

15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

On the gulf coast, unless you are more than 9 miles out, those aren't federal regulations.  Those are state regulations.

Occupancy and egress are generally regulated by the fire marshal, not the federal government.

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

On the gulf coast, unless you are more than 9 miles out, those aren't federal regulations.  Those are state regulations.

Occupancy and egress are generally regulated by the fire marshal, not the federal government.

Most of the snapper fisherman are more than miles out here. Think the states pretty much follow federal regulations on those species. . Otherwise would create an enforcement nightmare. 

Understand that the exactly what the FM enforces. Just complaining about needless regs and new needles regs in general.

16 hours ago, homersapien said:

Is your contention the regulations on snapper season have no basis in biology or natural resource management?

Are you a commercial fisherman?

Never said that the regulations have no basis.... good grief man! Just saying that many of us feel that they should be revisited and perhaps relaxed a bit. Do I want to see it revert to regulations or no regulations  of say 30 years ago. No sir.  

Commercial fisherman, hell no? That is dangerous and hard work.

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Never said that the regulations have no basis.... good grief man! Just saying that many of us feel that they should be revisited and perhaps relaxed a bit. Do I want to see it revert to regulations or no regulations  of say 30 years ago. No sir.  

Commercial fisherman, hell no? That is dangerous and hard work.

Well, since you agree such regulations are based on biology what is your case for "relaxing" them?

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, since you agree such regulations are based on biology what is your case for "relaxing" them?

relaxed Homer, not removed. I happen to be one that sees that the numbers are there. Lot of dead fish tossed back into the gulf from simply being hooked out of season or overlimit fisherman. 

http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/sustainable_fisheries/gulf_fisheries/red_snapper/overview/

http://www.seafoodsource.com/news/environment-sustainability/resistance-mounts-to-proposed-changes-in-gulf-red-snapper-regulations

Speaking of changes in regulation.

With just one sentence, Congress overturned OSHA’s rule that required employers to keep records of accidents and injuries for at least five years:

“Congress disapproves the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to “Clarification of Employer’s Continuing Obligation to Make and Maintain an Accurate Record of Each Recordable Injury and Illness” (published at 81 Fed. Reg. 91792 (December 19, 2016)), and such rule shall have no force or effect.”

The rule being overturned had required large employers in hazardous industries to keep their health and safety records for five years. Now, employers can destroy their Occupation Safety and Health Administration in as little as 6 months. The records are used by OSHA, employers, and workers to identify hazardous conditions and take corrective action to prevent future injuries and exposures. Without adequate data, it could be difficult to identify and fix hazards and incident patterns that could cause illnesses, severe injuries, or even deaths on the job. OSHA staffing is so low that it is only able to inspect workplaces once every 145 years (on average). Therefore, the agency relies on more than six months of records to recognize and fix problems. President Trump is expected to sign the bill.

Not surprising when one considers the Trump approach to global climate science - 'we don't even want to know what the evidence is, so let's don't collect it'.

People have the right to regulate their property how ever they see fit.  Regulating others property is the real issue here.

7 hours ago, maxwere said:

People have the right to regulate their property how ever they see fit.  Regulating others property is the real issue here.

when the use of their property can causes harm to others, no.   Simply not true.

On 3/27/2017 at 0:50 PM, homersapien said:

Not surprising when one considers the Trump approach to global climate science - 'we don't even want to know what the evidence is, so let's don't collect it'.

Barry had 8 years to lower lower sea levels. He lied to to us. Promised we would see it. I live on water the water. Same dam level and do not dispute me Homer. What is Trump to do about it in less than 100 days?

Archived