2017 Cal Grad Transfer OT Aaron Cochran

ellitor

I really want this guy, but if the choice is between he and Fuhoko from Texas Tech I choose Fuhoko because a) we have a slightly greater need on the D line; and B) Fuhoko has more years of eligibility left. I seem to recall E saying somewhere that we can only take one more player before we reach the 25 man limit for this year? Maybe E is wrong, or maybe I misunderstood him. If so, having both players would be great!

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

I really want this guy, but if the choice is between he and Fuhoko from Texas Tech I choose Fuhoko because a) we have a slightly greater need on the D line; and B) Fuhoko has more years of eligibility left. I seem to recall E saying somewhere that we can only take one more player before we reach the 25 man limit for this year? Maybe E is wrong, or maybe I misunderstood him. If so, having both players would be great!

We can take both. 1 would just have to wait til June to enroll so they can count on the 2018 new enrollee limit.

Just now, ellitor said:

We can take both. 1 would just have to wait til June to enroll so they can count on the 2018 new enrollee limit.

Thanks. Didn't I also hear somewhere that we won't be taking 25 players in the 2018 class? If so, why?

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Thanks. Didn't I also hear somewhere that we won't be taking 25 players in the 2018 class? If so, why?

Yes. Small Sr class. Gus is not the type to process JRs & underclassmen just to get 25 new enrollees each year. Now if they have a few more guys leave between now and February than they anticipate then they may go up to 25. 

Tough call to make for the coaches, I'm sure, because this guy wants to play. Hopefully spring ball will give them a good enough idea of whether they can realistically extend that type of offer to him. 

This guy wants to play and we need a big body up front. Auburn and Aaron Cochran sounds like a great fit. Sign him up.

On 3/27/2017 at 10:06 AM, ellitor said:

Since Fehoko has to sit out the 2017 season anyway, why not have him enroll later?

8 hours ago, PotPot said:

Since Fehoko has to sit out the 2017 season anyway, why not have him enroll later?

Would seem ideal if he is open to it.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I don't think he still had an offer since we took the FSU transfer the other day. Now, which came first, chicken or egg is an open question.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't think he still had an offer since we took the FSU transfer the other day. Now, which came first, chicken or egg is an open question.

My uneducated guess is CHH feels comfortable with the LT and RT situation, as well as backups. It is LG starter and backup he is worried about, hence the FSU guy a guard over Cochran a tackle.

Gonna go with the obvious, diff sides of the ball. We still may sign Fehoko at DT. We chose Bell for the OL as an interior linemen over an OT.

57 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Gonna go with the obvious, diff sides of the ball. We still may sign Fehoko at DT. We chose Bell for the OL as an interior linemen over an OT.

I doubt very much that we chose Bell over Cochran.  My guess is that we signed Bell after missing on Cochran. 

12 hours ago, thaitopher said:

I doubt very much that we chose Bell over Cochran.  My guess is that we signed Bell after missing on Cochran. 

Incorrect. It was either first come first serve or the staff liked Bell more given the staff's perceived needs. We didn't miss on Cochran first.

Archived