2018 3* S Kolbi Fuqua AU enrollee (4/5/19 Update: Enters Transfer Portal)

ellitor

He probably sees what he up against and wants an easier path? Don’t have to be hard feelings. I do wonder if a more to defense is possible. 

33 minutes ago, alexava said:

He probably sees what he up against and wants an easier path? Don’t have to be hard feelings. I do wonder if a more to defense is possible. 

There's all sorts of opportunities in the secondary...I'm just saying

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alexava said:

He was recruited as a DB, then moved to WR at some point during his redshirt year. I would think if he had shown much promise at DB they would have left him there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Staying at Auburn...

AUBURN FOOTBALL

By Matt Zenitz | mzenitz@al.com

Kolbi Fuqua has decided to stay at Auburn instead of transferring.

The redshirt freshman wide receiver has withdrawn from the NCAA transfer portal, according to a source.

The Jasper, Alabama native finished out the spring with the Tigers even after entering the transfer portal April 5, had three catches for 16 yards during Auburn’s spring game April 13 and then decided to withdraw his name from the portal following the conclusion of spring ball.

Fuqua was a three-star member of the Tigers’ 2018 recruiting class.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, gr82be said:

Kolbi Fuqua has decided to stay at Auburn instead of transferring.

The redshirt freshman wide receiver has withdrawn from the NCAA transfer portal, according to a source.

This is an example of the NCAA getting it right for once. This makes me really happy. 

Kudos to Gus, also. If this all went down as I'm guessing- I might be completely wrong- then this is exactly how it should be done. This feels like a story of a coach looking out for his players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This is an example of the NCAA getting it right for once. This makes me really happy. 

Kudos to Gus, also. If this all went down as I'm guessing- I might be completely wrong- then this is exactly how it should be done. This feels like a story of a coach looking out for his players. 

Agree, this is a good option for the kids. I heard his name called during the ADay game but I just thought the announcer made an error because I didn't realize he was out there or even participating in spring drills. Gus does a lot of things right. Now if he can just....🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Agree, this is a good option for the kids. I heard his name called during the ADay game but I just thought the announcer made an error because I didn't realize he was out there or even participating in spring drills. Gus does a lot of things right. Now if he can just....🤔

I agree that Gus does a lot of things right. He is the type of coach if one of my boys was talented enough to play at this level I would be happy to go to a school where Gus is the coach. I feel like Gus and his staff would take care of them. Gus is squeaky clean which I love. Under Gus we actually do a very good job of recruiting especially when you see we are always competing with the big Dogs like bama, Georgia, Fla, Clemson.

That said if what I have read is correct Gus has Micro-Managed the O-Line recruiting in the past which is why this is one area we are weak in. His offense is usually very predictable and he has not shown an inclination to change and take advantage of his personnel.   I saw a glimmer of hope in Purdue game and in A-Day game and I see where we seem to be trying to recruit a larger group of O-Linemen as if he is letting Grimes select players to recruit.  Time will tell if Gus has really turned over a new leaf. The key to Gus having even a remote chance of getting me back on the Gus Bus is the type of offense I see on the field this year, team record this year, and recruiting class especially around O-line.

• Like 1

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-receiver-Kolbi-Fuqua-removes-name-from-NCAA-transfer-portal-131765558/

AUBURN, Alabama — Backup receiver Kolbi Fuqua has changed his mind.

The Auburn player withdrew his name from the NCAA transfer portal April 18, a source confirms to Auburn Undercover. He entered the portal April 5, making him available for any team interested to reach out to him and gauge interest as a transfer.

The initial decision to enter the portal came nearly two years to the day he committed to the Tigers.

Fuqua was rated a 3-star athlete in the 2018 signing class and ranked 28th overall in the state of Alabama, according to the 247Sports Composite. He was a longtime Auburn commitment. He committed to the Tigers on April 8, 2017.

Fuqua did not play last season and had not been mentioned in the lineup at receiver by coaches in press conference this spring. He participated in Auburn's A-Day scrimmage April 13, and finished with three catches for 16 yards with the backup players.

The redshirt freshman had an opportunity to impress coaches early in spring as star sophomore Anthony Schwartz stayed off the field to run for the outdoor track team, and Eli Stove and Will Hastings sat out drills resting a surgically-repaired knees. The Tigers were also without two of their top receivers from last season. Ryan Davis, the school’s single-season catch leader, graduated and Darius Slayton, the Tigers’ top deep threat, left school early for the NFL Draft in January.

Newcomer Cam’Ron Kelly, a defensive back, left the Tigers to be closer to family. He later announced he was enrolling at North Carolina.

Looks like Fuqua changed his mind

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

More likely he didn't get any serious nibbles on his hook, IMO. 

This is how it should be. A guy can now test the waters safely. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

More likely he didn't get any serious nibbles on his hook, IMO. 

This is how it should be. A guy can now test the waters safely. 

Now if football could do the same thing with the NFL similar to basketball... imagine some of the guys we would have gotten back over the years...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...