2018 3* S Kolbi Fuqua AU enrollee (4/5/19 Update: Enters Transfer Portal)

ellitor

Updated (4/08/17): Fuqua commits to AU!

C87JQbMUMAA1XUN.jpg

"I love the surroundings," he said. "It reminds me of home. I kind of knew awhile back. I just wanted to make up my mind."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/WR-Fuqua-commits-to-Auburn-52217018

"I loved the new quarterback," Fuqua said of Jarrett Stidham. "He can throw. He's good. (The visit) was good. I liked it. I saw the new offense that Coach (Chip) Lindsey put in and I liked it. He passed the ball a lot, which is what I really enjoy.

Fuqua picked Auburn over Florida State and Mississippi State. He said coach Herb Hand was his primary recruiter.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/04/auburn_lands_2nd_commitment_of.html

4_4470919.jpg
Kolbi Fuqua, WR
Cordova, AL (Cordova Sch)
Ht 6-1 | Wt 210

• 247 Profile
  • Chose Auburn over FSU and Miss. State
  • Fuqua had 59 catches for 1,011 yards and seven touchdowns as a junior. He also had seven interceptions and 114 total tackles.
  • Fuqua is also a standout basketball player. 

Edited by ellitor

• 3 weeks later...

AUBURN, Ala. — Kolbi Fuqua confirmed what he has known for a while: He wants to be an Auburn Tiger.

The 3-star athlete, who Auburn projects as a wide receiver, returned to campus for the school’s A-Day game. Fuqua had listed Auburn as his leader for a few weeks, and on Saturday, he decided to make the decision public.

He committed to Auburn.

“I committed today. … I just loved the family down here. I love the way the coaches treat the players. I love the surroundings. It reminds me of home,” Fuqua said. “I didn’t know when I first came here, but like I said, I’d kinda known all along. Shoot, it was about 30 minutes ago to be honest. … I knew a while back, but I just wanted to make up my mind.”

RELATED: Kameron Stutts commits prior to A-Day kickoff

Herb Hand was Fuqua’s area recruiter, but he has grown close with wide receivers coach Kodi Burns, as well. When he went into the coaches’ offices shortly before leaving campus, he let them know he’d made up his mind. He didn’t want to wait any longer.

Their reaction was as expected.

“They loved it. They were excited,” Fuqua said. “They just always say that we’re family, that they take care of their own.”

The 6-foot-2, 209-pound receiver didn’t need much convincing, but the spring game told him everything he needed to know.

Fuqua took in the contest and enjoyed what most of the Tigers’ fan base did. He liked the new-look Chip Lindsey offense that spread the ball downfield more. Fuqua also noted that Jarrett Stidham changed the way he viewed the wide receiver position at Auburn.

“I like the new offense that coach Lindsey put in and stuff. I liked. He passed the ball a lot. That’s something I really enjoy,” Fuqua said. “I loved the new quarterback. He can throw.”

Auburn beat out Florida State and Mississippi State for Fuqua.

He was Auburn’s second commitment on the day, joining offensive lineman Kameron Stutts. With both commitments, Auburn now has six players committed in the 2018 class — Fuqua, Stutts, Joey Gatewood, Shaun Shivers, Jalil Irvin and Daquan Newkirk.

The Tigers moved up to No. 13 in the 247Sports composite team rankings, which is third in the SEC.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2017 at 6:35 PM, augolf1716 said:

Wonder if he's related to Frenchy

I was about to ask that. Frenchy Fuqua of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

He commited!

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/in-state-wr-commits-to-auburn-1

AUBURN | Cordova wide receiver Kolbi Fuqua will sign with Auburn.

Edited by AU-24

Same high school ole Ryan Smith was from. Cordova has had great athletes for years. Parrish high school closed down a few years ago & Cordova gained a lot of athletes from that. It's nice to see a guy from my home area make it to this level. 

• Like 1

Another one has been saved from the Dark Side folks...

Fuqua grew up an Alabama fan, but his allegiance officially shifted on Saturday. It’s now the same as his mother’s.

“My mom loves Auburn,” Fuqua said.

And so does he.

“I’ve known for a little while that I really liked it,” Fuqua said. “I really like Auburn and feel very good about my commitment.”

Also Jr stats

Fuqua, who stands 6-foot-2 and weighs 210 pounds, had 59 receptions for 1,011 yards (17.1 avg.) and seven touchdowns as a junior.

• Like 2

The 6-feet-1, 210-pound Fuqua is the No. 17 recruit for the 247Sports Composite in the state of Alabama. He is rated as an athlete, but said the Tigers will have him start at receiver. He's also a standout safety in high school.

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Where is Cordova, AL? Is it near Fort Payne?

On 4/8/2017 at 11:00 PM, TAYLORKEETON said:

Same high school ole Ryan Smith was from. Cordova has had great athletes for years. Parrish high school closed down a few years ago & Cordova gained a lot of athletes from that. It's nice to see a guy from my home area make it to this level. 

Yeah, Ryan Smith was a solid player. He was good depth and had a couple of big moments for the defense/special teams.  Would be nice to see this Cordova product achieve as much or more as Smith.

Welcome to the family, Kolbi!

On 4/20/2017 at 6:18 PM, TAYLORKEETON said:

where are you from?

I was raised in Carbon Hill, AL.  Lived in Jasper for 1st grade and the rest was spent at Carbon Hill.  If I recall, my Sr year Cordova had three RBs that got scholarships.  Not all were D1 offers but still impressive.  This was back in '86.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:36 AM, PikesEagle said:

I was raised in Carbon Hill, AL.  Lived in Jasper for 1st grade and the rest was spent at Carbon Hill.  If I recall, my Sr year Cordova had three RBs that got scholarships.  Not all were D1 offers but still impressive.  This was back in '86.

I am from Argo, what's up?

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017 at 10:36 AM, PikesEagle said:

Haha man. What a coincidence! I'm from Carbon Hill & my dad graduated in 86 from Carbon Hill 

On 4/26/2017 at 10:36 AM, PikesEagle said:

If you played football/baseball then I'm sure you know who he is. It's a dead give away in my user name