Baseball vs. Georgia - game 1

That's the kind of game we lose the last few years.  

Sweep of Florida.  away win vs ga tech.  rpi moving the right way.  momentum.  good feelings ... then BLAM! Swept by Georgia!

not this young season.  Hope it is still holding up when the season is "old".

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Keegan  statement by Butch is fishy to me as well. He was cruising and hadn't thrown many pitches so the fact that he got "tired" seems odd. It's possible but I think there's a chance he's out for a while. But lets pray that's not the case because we're screwed without him. I guess we'd have to put Lipscomb in as the Friday starter

Regarding Keegan coming out early, we also don't know what the discussion was in the dugout inbetween innings. We don't know how much he threw in pregame. We don't know how much sleep he got the night before. Maybe he had a cold during the week. Pitcher's know their arms, and it's very possible he could tell that something was just off. From the very first inning the hitters were squaring him up, they just happened to be hitting them right in the vicinity of our players. When they showed his final warm-up pitches in the fifth right before he came out, both I and the announcers noticed that it just seemed like his arm wasn't coming over the top and he was losing balls to the arm-side of the plate. That's definitely a tired arm trailing behind the body.

10 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

That's the kind of game we lose the last few years.  

Sweep of Florida.  away win vs ga tech.  rpi moving the right way.  momentum.  good feelings ... then BLAM! Swept by Georgia!

not this young season.  Hope it is still holding up when the season is "old".

This team seems to have a completely different mindset. They faced adversity last night and played through it instead of falling apart. CBT has confidence in them and they rise to the occasion most of the time. I like the way he handles things and it looks like they are all having fun on an even keel instead of the chaos of years past.

It was good to see Daniel Robert get a big hit. IIRC he's been a little quiet lately.

13 hours ago, au302 said:

The Keegan  statement by Butch is fishy to me as well. He was cruising and hadn't thrown many pitches so the fact that he got "tired" seems odd. It's possible but I think there's a chance he's out for a while. But lets pray that's not the case because we're screwed without him. I guess we'd have to put Lipscomb in as the Friday starter

What bothers me is that if I recall correctly, this is how things started a couple years ago with him.....tired arm, comments from people here that he was being over-worked, etc. etc.. but which ended up with him missing a season and a half.    Hoping this is much more straight-forward. 

23 hours ago, AU64 said:

What bothers me is that if I recall correctly, this is how things started a couple years ago with him.....tired arm, comments from people here that he was being over-worked, etc. etc.. but which ended up with him missing a season and a half.    Hoping this is much more straight-forward. 

Keegan was playing fb and also pitching into late innings. That was too much action. He isn't being overworked now. And he may be better at realizing when he needs to come out. I'm hoping it was a protective move.

16 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Keegan was playing fb and also pitching into late innings. That was too much action. He isn't being overworked now. And he may be better at realizing when he needs to come out. I'm hoping it was a protective move.

You might want to check his stats for 2015....had only pitched 70 innings in 11 games when the problems "developed"...  and was not playing much first base that year....had only about a dozen at bats. . 

His freshman year he was far more active and got off to a good start his soph. year before having problems.   I don't recall if he was playing summer ball ...but any over-work too place before 2015 IMO.

We don't know what the status us at the moment...but the explanation sounds too much like 2015...just sayin'

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

You might want to check his stats for 2015....had only pitched 70 innings in 11 games when the problems "developed"...  and was not playing much first base that year....had only about a dozen at bats. . 

His freshman year he was far more active and got off to a good start his soph. year before having problems.   I don't recall if he was playing summer ball ...but any over-work too place before 2015 IMO.

We don't know what the status us at the moment...but the explanation sounds too much like 2015...just sayin'

I'm not sure what year it was. Those discussions started because Keegan was playing first base and pitching. Posters were concerned about the kid being asked to do too much. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

I'm not sure what year it was. Those discussions started because Keegan was playing first base and pitching. Posters were concerned about the kid being asked to do too much. 

My point was...if you look at his season stats...he was not  being over-used the year his arm went bad.   Was not being used as !B on a regular basis and only had a hand full of at bats.      His arm problem could have been from the year before...or maybe from between seasons if he was playing summer leagues somewhere. 

The concern is....what little has been revealed by the coach sounds like what happened in 2015.....just all of a sudden, he had "lost it". 

Hoping this was a fluke and with some rest he will be back....guy is great college pitcher and has had great command of his pitches this year

Just now, AU64 said:

My point was...if you look at his season stats...he was not  being over-used the year his arm went bad.   Was not being used as !B on a regular basis and only had a hand full of at bats.      His arm problem could have been from the year before...or maybe from between seasons if he was playing summer leagues somewhere. 

The concern is....what little has been revealed by the coach sounds like what happened in 2015.....just all of a sudden, he had "lost it". 

Hoping this was a fluke and with some rest he will be back....guy is great college pitcher and has had great command of his pitches this year

I get all that. I got it the first time.

The damage to his arm was believed to be cumulative back then by posters. And I remember the accusations of overworking him were directed at Golloway. We can only hope it's not as serious and he won't need surgery. 

Archived