Tired of watching basketball

corchjay

Gotta disagree on the issue of Ball's dad.. I figure that his dad is his biggest obstacle right now . JMO....but for weeks you could not turn on Sirius radio without hearing that guy blabbing. Kind of did my heart good to see Fox lIght him up in that tournament game. 

In my view, what we are seeing is all about the dad and his craving for publicity. I expect that he sees himself getting rich off of his son's talent. A young player with Ball's talent is not going to go unnoticed though I wonder how many NBA teams want to have the father hanging around second guessing the coaching and creating bulletin board commentary all season.

On 3/31/2017 at 2:13 PM, AU64 said:

Gotta disagree on the issue of Ball's dad.. I figure that his dad is his biggest obstacle right now . JMO....but for weeks you could not turn on Sirius radio without hearing that guy blabbing. Kind of did my heart good to see Fox lIght him up in that tournament game. 

In my view, what we are seeing is all about the dad and his craving for publicity. I expect that he sees himself getting rich off of his son's talent. A young player with Ball's talent is not going to go unnoticed though I wonder how many NBA teams want to have the father hanging around second guessing the coaching and creating bulletin board commentary all season.

Well his family SHOULD get rich off his talent since ucla, NBA, Nike, agents, Gatorade, and whoever else will get rich....his dad is making sure he doesn't get exploited and is trying to do something different as far as more money goes to the athlete....but of course it's against the system and God forbid a boisterous father of one of these kids don't sit back and let the leeches leech.

And did the ucla coach have any problems with his dad? Did his dad question the coach? Why would the coach would still be recruiting his two other sons? And the kid himself is quiet. He may need that, but yes I'm sure many people dislike him because of his dad

On 3/31/2017 at 9:38 AM, Tiger said:

You've been crushing it in here but I have a question regarding the bolded. When has BP had a guy like that? His best PGs were probably CJ Watson who is ~6'2, and Chris Lofton is probably the same size. Now, I'm just going off of memory here and I'm obviously not a UT-expert but has he ever actually had a long, tall, great passing PG? Not questioning you, just surprised because the way he's recruiting our PGs now they are all in the 6'1 or shorter range.

Well loften after his second year played off the ball, that's when they had Tyler Harris too I believe but I'll look. But lofton was on some Steph curry type stuff where he was officially the point guard but he's not REALLY a pg in all aspect. 

And after them he recruited  jp Prince and Scotty hopson and they were both 6'7" Prince was a pg Hopson wasa very good scorer and could handle the ball. And as far as a stretch guy they had Wayne chism who was good enough outside to be a threat but he would go down and rebound and do dirty work as well. And he wasn't a ball handler and didn't have guard like skills. Of course you want a guy who does everything but the only thing you need your big guy to do to stretch the floor is be able to hit 3's or even mid range shots at about a 35% clip

What's it like to be in March Madness/final 4? does this team know the feeling. I know we got in the final 8 with Sonny Smith.

8 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

What's it like to be in March Madness/final 4? does this team know the feeling. I know we got in the final 8 with Sonny Smith.

Well, since this team is mostly made up of true freshman, and we didn't make the dance this year, then I would say, "No"

Archived