Scrimmage 03/25/2017

aufan57

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

He's saying that with AUBURN passing more in practice/scrimmages, it'll help the defense defend that. Instead of 80% of the plays being a run, 60% run gives you a ton more passing plays to defend. It's a good thing. Imagine how much better we'll be against an Ole Miss style pass offense if we scrimmage against it more.

Yeah I know. I'm being sarcastic with 80-20 because that's what we've done in the past according to the article. It makes one wonder. Guys need to be prepared.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What is it about Hastings that the QBs like him? We have all these high priced recruits and Hastings is a walk on or something.

Don't know for sure but maybe he is where he is supposed to be at the time he is supposed to be there and catches it when they throw it. That's my guess. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

What is it about Hastings that the QBs like him? We have all these high priced recruits and Hastings is a walk on or something.

Same reason Tom Brady likes Wes walker or Julian Edelman . Sure handed and considerable great route runners .

1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Here are few things I've picked up from people there on posts.

Woody went 0-4 with an INT 

Defense looked good had several sacks 

Stidham had several good throws down the field and didn't make a bad decision. He is clearly the best qb. His favorite target is Hastings 

JF3 had 2 TD catch's ???

Jeremiah Denson looked good.

Cowart looked good.

Miller had a td run 

Willis had 4 drive's, resulting in 3 TD (2 Pass).

Happy for Willis. I said Willis was a winner LOL.. Where u at AUH?? Gotta jab a little . One scrimmage doesn't tell the tale. Also great news cowart did well . I hope he settles in and has an all sec type year

This guy chip Lindsey is probably thinking "what the hell has this coaching staff been doing the last couple of years?" with all the talent at his disposal LOL. I mean we are talking about Will Hastings and JF3 showing out.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Well, don't keep it a secret, let your brothers pray for y'all.

Put it on facebook & twitter. Forgot here.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Put it on facebook & twitter. Forgot here.

Praying for y'all. Keep us updated.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

My grandfather fell & had immediate brain surgery Wednesday. He still hasn't woken up post surgery. Not in a messing mindset bud. No ill intent. Just down.

Prayers for your grandfather e

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

My grandfather fell & had immediate brain surgery Wednesday. He still hasn't woken up post surgery. Not in a messing mindset bud. No ill intent. Just down.

Horrible news.My grandfather is in the hospital as well. He will be 87 in a few weeks. Prayers for yours and mine . God Bless E

@ellitor, I hope your grandfather is doing better. Prayers for your family. I am dealing with health issues with my 85 year old father (API Class of '51). This time of life is not fun when you see your loved ones struggling. Keep us posted.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Same reason Tom Brady likes Wes walker or Julian Edelman . Sure handed and considerable great route runners .

Can't forget because we're Auburn so we're going to cheer for Hastings and make him legendary and have a little disdain for those high ranked guys

Hope your grandpa is ok E, I'm kind of in the same boat at the moment.

So wait, I thought Barrett was doing well? Oh well, at least Willis sounds like a stud.

Maybe the light comes on for JF3 and Cowart?

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Hope your grandpa is ok E, I'm kind of in the same boat at the moment.

So wait, I thought Barrett was doing well? Oh well, at least Willis sounds like a stud.

Maybe the light comes on for JF3 and Cowart?

I believe people have said that mental/off the field has held woody back.

Just now, AUwent said:

^I had heard that he was really improving said problems.

He very well may be, I do think Malik is more of a stud than many of us thought when he signed though.

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

^I had heard that he was really improving said problems.

He may have improved in some ways but his mindset on and off the field still leaves something to be desired.

Bird, you are 100% correct. 

I am amazed that some of our fans cannot understand how and why Sean would not get the chance to keep his job.

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

Just watched MW's highlights, he has NM written all over him. <drools>

He was a recruiting steal!!

Everything I am hearing from reports say this guy is definitely going to be a starter one day.

21 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Anyone attend the scrimmage today?? If so any analysis?? I mean real honest analysis. Glad nobody got hurt 

My grandfather played, so me and my brother take turns attending this scrimmage. It was his year this time unfortunately, but this is what he told me.

Overall offense was pretty stale, but that was expected.  Stidham can definitely make all the throws, was able to make a couple good runs scrambling as well.  Malik Willis looked  good, made some good scrambles, but still needs work.  

Woody's highlight was the big hit he made on the DB after he threw an interception. :dunno: He put together one good drive, but 3 and out rest of time.

JF3 made some good plays at WR.

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

^ Woody to safety if this QB thing doesnt work out? Jk......maybe not though.

Or TE/HB.  If he isn't going to contribute at QB, try to find a place to use his size and athleticism.

Archived