Scrimmage 03/25/2017

aufan57

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, ellitor said:

My grandfather fell & had immediate brain surgery Wednesday. He still hasn't woken up post surgery. Not in a messing mindset bud. No ill intent. Just down.

Prayers for you and your family.

17 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Happy for Willis. I said Willis was a winner LOL.. Where u at AUH?? Gotta jab a little . One scrimmage doesn't tell the tale. Also great news cowart did well . I hope he settles in and has an all sec type year

From what I am hearing from sources, the scrimmage is not the first time Malik Willis has been shining. Just the first chance he had to show how his ability translates under live conditions.

23 minutes ago, bikeriderga said:

From what I am hearing from sources, the scrimmage is not the first time Malik Willis has been shining. Just the first chance he had to show how his ability translates under live conditions.

That's great to hear . I hope he has a great spring . He could take the 2 spot from Sean. His skill set is Taylor made for this offense, Sean won't go quietly 

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Or TE/HB.  If he isn't going to contribute at QB, try to find a place to use his size and athleticism.

I think he would transfer before moving positions to be brutally honest.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Stidham starting this Fall may be a foregone conclusion but only so long as he stays away from interceptions.

Odd comment considering there was no reports of him throwing any yesterday.

22 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

That's great to hear . I hope he has a great spring . He could take the 2 spot from Sean. His skill set is Taylor made for this offense, Sean won't go quietly 

Only if Sean gets hurt during the season which is a real possibility if the 2 even plays much.

30 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I am right here.  I hope Willis is the next Nick Marshall.

wde

12 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I am right here.  I hope Willis is the next Nick Marshall.

wde

I hope he's better as in passing the ball.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I hope he's better as in passing the ball.

I agree.  He was more like Nick passing the ball in high school than Stidham and SW.

wde

39 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I doubt MW will be #2. I think people are too quick to underestimate Sean White. When Sean is healthy, he is hard to beat. People forget that Sean played hurt most of last year.

Sean White is one of the more accurate QBs you will see. It is going to be a real battle between White and Stidham. Stidham will probably win out, due to a little better arm strength and being more elusive, but it will be close. A lot closer than many think.

As far a Malik Willis goes, he definitely has the talent. What he will need to become the starter is time and experience. I have no doubt  that if he remains healthy and keeps his head on straight, he will definitely start at AU one day. 

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I agree. Too talented at the QB position to switch.

10 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I agree.  He was more like Nick passing the ball in high school than Stidham and SW.

wde

I have heard he is pretty accurate. Remember this is a true freshman, so he has plenty of time to work on his throwing mechanics. It is his ability to elude and his decision making that are impressing the coaches, along with very good arm strength. That is not to say he is not accurate now, just needs some time and experience to get better. 

Definitely someone we can get excited about for the future. We will probably all get to witness what his and our future holds at the A-Day game.

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sorry. Was just clarifying for the rest of the board.

Thanks.

I never get what @bigbird is saying.

:big:

EDIT: Sorry, E. I wasn't messing with you, but rather bird. Just read the rest of the thread and saw about your grandfather. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

yep actually think it would be best overall for both sides

2 hours ago, bikeriderga said:

I agree. Too talented at the QB position to switch.

He feels that way too and that's part of his mental struggles atm.

5 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Or TE/HB.  If he isn't going to contribute at QB, try to find a place to use his size and athleticism.

I mean nobody writes off players quicker than AUFAMILY members...I mean nobody. 

We don't know how accurate anybody is actually with the basic plays we've been running and the super heavy running game. Guy miss or completes two passes and we run with it, plus we hardly attacked down field

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

So , are we pretty much giving up on Barrett, now? A lot can still happen.

Not at all.  He has the tools, he's just struggling to put them together.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

So , are we pretty much giving up on Barrett, now? A lot can still happen.

Nope. He just has to get his butt in gear mentally.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

Odd comment considering there was no reports of him throwing any yesterday.

E, I agree. All reports are that JS had a good day and did not make any errors. 

18 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

U don know how good his completion percentage was right? Nick only missed u wide open. 

Yes I know his completion %. He was more efficient as a passer than anything because of the run game, not crisply accurate.

On 3/25/2017 at 4:20 PM, AUBwins said:

Do we know if it was a deep TD pass to JF3 or short pass and a shake n bake? :ucrazy:

It was about a 15 yard throw and about a 10 yard run where he made a guy miss and pushed through a tackle into the EZ. JF3 looked smooth catching the ball. Think he also had 1-2 screens that he picked up first downs. 

On 3/25/2017 at 6:08 PM, AU64 said:

What is it about Hastings that the QBs like him? We have all these high priced recruits and Hastings is a walk on or something.

He was open almost all day. He creates separation in the slot and is good with his hands. He also caught one for almost 40 yards between the hashes over DeShaun Davis. Super throw by Stidham, great catch by Hastings. 

Archived