Scrimmage 03/25/2017

aufan57

13 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Wow. Optimism. WDE, you feeling alright?

And I'm sure after next's years Clemson's game I'll be wanting to throw a brick threw his office window. Bill Curry style. Image result for bill curry alabama

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And I'm sure after next's years Clemson's game I'll be wanting to throw a brick threw his office window. Bill Curry style. Image result for bill curry alabama

Be careful, you might end up being recruited to play quarterback!

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Gus definitely appears to be giving Chip some autonomy. I know that's difficult for Gus, so if that's true, Gus must be really high on him too. 

More like high on keeping his job and taking the advice that gives him the best shot to do so.

Just now, ellitor said:

More like high on keeping his job and taking the advice that gives him the best shot to do so.

That should always be a coaches motivation (taking best advice = win more games = keep job). Glad Gus might be taking some advice. 

Don't know how much faith to put into this, but I'm a student, and from the ~10 freshman/sophomore players I've talked to(post scrimmage), they seem adamant that Sean is better than stidham. If nothing else, this means there's definitely still loyalty/chemistry to white 

Is it too soon to start talking playoffs/championship? I already took odds for them to win it all but thinking of putting a little more down before the season starts. Their odds have shot from 33/1 to 22/1 over last two months @WarDamnEagleWDE

24 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Chip hasn't been given the full green light just yet. 

What is a "full green light"? With just putting plays in, and working on technique, new plays, etc..I don't know how we can know what giving CL full control is, until September...

10 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

Is it too soon to start talking playoffs/championship? 

Yes. We have gone 8-5 or 7-6 the past 3 years & this season hasn't started yet.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Forgot all about Marquis! And yes, Cannella really needs to be utilized, especially in the RZ. I am sure the coaches have it covered. One more question, if you don't mind me asking...How does CCL offense look? Principle wise? 

I'm not a football savant, so it's a little hard for me to speak on the nuances. I will say it looked like the offense was limited. Lots of quick passes to slot guys, a couple deep shots, WR screens. We ran the ball almost exclusively between the tackles. Don't think I saw an RPO. Kam Martin and Malik Miller got the bulk of the carries. Don't remember seeing Pettway have a carry. KJ only had a few. Looked like we stuck to some basics. 

The RBs looked good catching out of the backfield, especially Martin. But he looks rough in blitz pickup, got run over 2-3 leading to "sacks."

25 minutes ago, Squidward2016 said:

Don't know how much faith to put into this, but I'm a student, and from the ~10 freshman/sophomore players I've talked to(post scrimmage), they seem adamant that Sean is better than stidham. If nothing else, this means there's definitely still loyalty/chemistry to white 

Those players would have seen a lot more of both than I did at the scrimmage, but Stidham definitely looked the part of a high level QB. Sean threw 5 passes in 7v7 before the scrimmage started and looked really rusty. Missed two easy for him throws. He looked like he hadn't been throwing too much. 

Getting onto this thread late.  Willis has the potential to start after Stidham leaves.  His mother lives close to me and everything is turning out really well for him it seems.  Needs weight though.  I have a feeling if it pans out that way, Woody will transfer within a year or two.  Glad to see Dinson is doing well.  I can't wait to see him back out there.  Glad to also see Cowart doing well at his new position.  

With a scrimmage under our belts, where do you think we will get some grad transfers, if any?  I know we have Casey Dunn, and are looking at Aaron Cochran, but I don't feel like we need grad transfers for the offensive line.  I think we need to be looking in the secondary.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Gus definitely appears to be giving Chip some autonomy. I know that's difficult for Gus, so if that's true, Gus must be really high on him too. 

We know how Gus feels about those he trusts...

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Well, we all know Gus has been high on something the last few years. 

:rimshot:

This made my day. I almost spit out my drink at lunch. 

1 hour ago, Squidward2016 said:

Ugh. But, I'm glad the team is loyal to White. If White does not start, I see him rallying his troops behind Stidham. With White and Cox on your side, I would like to think the brotherhood would be as strong as ever. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Glad to also see Cowart doing well at his new position.  

I really want to see him succeed at tackle. Robert Nkemdiche struggled his freshman year at end, and ended up being drafted in the first round as a tackle. Cowart has the athleticism to make a similar transition, even though its a little later for him. 

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

Those players would have seen a lot more of both than I did at the scrimmage, but Stidham definitely looked the part of a high level QB. Sean threw 5 passes in 7v7 before the scrimmage started and looked really rusty. Missed two easy for him throws. He looked like he hadn't been throwing too much. 

Yep, players backing Sean is not surprising in the slightest. Regardless of who is the better QB is, a lot of these guys remember a guy in SW that played with grit, toughness, heart, and laid it all out on the line for his team. That wins over a lot of teammates, especially when you have a guy like Stidham that is a fairly new face to all these guys. 

SW could very well be the better QB. We won't know until he is back in prime condition for fall camp . Regardless , whoever is named the starter should receive the benefit of the doubt from coaches and players . I don't want to see any QB 1a and 1b action .

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

SW could very well be the better QB. We won't know until he is back in prime condition for fall camp . Regardless , whoever is named the starter should receive the benefit of the doubt from coaches and players . I don't want to see any QB 1a and 1b action .

I'm speculating, but based upon others' posts, my sense is that those who have seen Stidham up close have already seen something in him that a healthy SW has not shown in the past. I mean, you might be right about Sean, but a consensus appears to be growing that Stidham is the guy, whether Sean is healthy or not. Of course, I don't think we've seen the best from Sean up to this point, either.  

32 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'm speculating, but based upon others' posts, my sense is that those who have seen Stidham up close have already seen something in him that a healthy SW has not shown in the past. I mean, you might be right about Sean, but a consensus appears to be growing that Stidham is the guy, whether Sean is healthy or not. Of course, I don't think we've seen the best from Sean up to this point, either.  

Unless JS has a complete meltdown, I agree. SW has a huge uphill battle on his hand & If he were to win this competition, I would expect him to be All-SEC.

3 hours ago, brad5628AU said:

Is it too soon to start talking playoffs/championship? I already took odds for them to win it all but thinking of putting a little more down before the season starts. Their odds have shot from 33/1 to 22/1 over last two months @WarDamnEagleWDE

The talent is there. 

34 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Watching Stidham Saturday, he throws a great ball. Tight spiral, accurate, strong arm. He was good in the pocket for the most part. The rush didn't seem to affect him. 

1 minute ago, boomstick said:

Watching Stidham Saturday, he throws a great ball. Tight spiral, accurate, strong arm. He was good in the pocket for the most part. The rush didn't seem to affect him. 

What part of his game needs improvement in your opinion?

5 hours ago, DAG said:

The WRs were that bad...To be fair, they probably are just understanding what a forward pass looks like.

This is sad and funny but it probably has been a while since they've had to the catch more than 1 or 2 long passes. 

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Reps. Stidham is going to be pretty dang good. 

Music to my freaking ears.

Archived