Troops to Syria

homersapien

Senator Murphy makes a rather compelling case against it:

Trump Is Dragging Us Into Another War... And No One Is Talking About It

While Americans have been focused on the ACA and Trump’s ties to Russia, Trump has been busy expanding the American troop presence inside Syria.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-is-dragging-us-into-another-warand-no-one_us_58d5d3f5e4b0f633072b37db?ln16dodnfabutyb9&

........"Without a political plan for the future of Raqqa, a military plan is practically useless. Yes, getting ISIS out of Raqqa is a victory in and of itself, but if we set into motion a series of events that simply prolongs the broader conflict, ISIS will easily pick up the pieces and use the ongoing turmoil to regroup and reemerge. We should have learned in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya that a military victory without a plan for what comes next is really not a victory at all. But unbelievably, we seem on the verge of making this mistake again, because of (understandable) enthusiasm for taking the fight to a vicious enemy....."

Not sure what the answer is. Syria is even more complicated than most. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, here goes. Assad the ruthless dictator was at war with rebellious Syrians. We threatened to intervene. Didn't. Isis sprung out of those rebels with help from insurgents in Iraq. When we were going to intervene it was on the side of the rebels from which Isis formed. Russia is on the side of Assad. Fighting to help Assad with the rebellion and Isis if they happen to get in the way. Trump is bffs with Russia. Who you with/against/indifferent to????? If we don't know this how can we succeed? If someone does know a plan or a reason to get involved, let it out. I could be convinced if Mattis explained it but so far I see no point in it. Open to it I guess. 

Archived