Softball vs. florida - game 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope clint meyers has initiated a protest. I know it's ceremonial only, but damn that was a complete botch job by the umps. To defer opinion to the ump that's 70 feet away and in worse position is crock.

3 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

I hope clint meyers has initiated a protest. I know it's ceremonial only, but damn that was a complete botch job by the umps. To defer opinion to the ump that's 70 feet away and in worse position is crock.

I don't think a protest can be filed for a judgement call.  I think the protest is only for rule interpretations.  I could be wrong though.

Gipson checks her swing and its ball 4 and Auburn has the bases loaded with 2 outs.  Kendall Veach up.

12 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I don't think a protest can be filed for a judgement call.  I think the protest is only for rule interpretations.  I could be wrong though.

I was thinking the protocol for reviewing and conferring on a play was inappropriately performed. There was no discussion he starts walking down to 3B and the ump signals he saw a bobble and he immediately rules the play safe. 

McCrackin, Podany and Draper coming up.  McCrackin lines one to right center and it goes all the way to the wall.   McCrackin stands in at 2nd with a double to start the top 4th.    Pitching change for florida.

Okay, just getting inthe conversation on the play t the plate (high school official).  First, item we are told if a coach has an appeal, you should go to you partner (we use two-man, not three man).  Just don't see it as often in college.  However, they should got together and discussed it and no way they had time to discuss it.  Just overall bad mechanics once the coach asked for the appeal.  No way I would have called her safe unless I saw the ball on the ground after the tag.  Maybe we can use that as momentum to do something with the bat, but leaving bases loaded twice ain't helping.

I do not know about video review but I don't think softball has adopted that yet.

1 minute ago, wareagle13 said:

I was thinking the protocol for reviewing and conferring on a play was inappropriately performed. There was no discussion he starts walking down to 3B and the ump signals he saw a bobble and he immediately rules the play safe. 

Well, he was going that direction to ask the 3rd base umpire after the florida coach asked him too.   The proper thing for him to do there is say, no coach I saw it and got it right.  It wasn't inappropriately performed it just shouldn't have been done at all because the home plate umpire was right there and saw the entire play.  He had no reason to ask for help and should have denied the coaches request for help.   

Podany chops it to 2nd.  1 out.  McCrackin moves to 3rd.   Draper up.

High chopper tot  he left side, Draper can fly and the throw NOT in time at 1st.  McCrackin scores.   It's 2-1 with Draper on 1st and 1 out.   Back to the top of the order.  Carlee Wallace up.

Wallace chops it in front of the plate and the pitcher fields and throws to 1st.  2 outs.   Draper at 2nd.  Kasey Cooper up.

Cooper chops it back to the pitcher to end the top 4th.  Auburn gets a run and the game should be tied, but florida leads 2-1

Myers interviewed and asked about the play and says obviously I didn't see the way the umpire but not my position to comment.  Respectful way to handle the question and not get called by the SEC office for complaining about the officiating.

This umpire is so inconsistent behind the plate. That's irritating as hell. 

Archived