Softball vs. florida - game 1

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

It's hard to be your opponent and the officials too

gift wrapped them 1 run. When is instant replay coming to college softball now?! Fundamentals though cost us this one. It reminded me of  game 3 against oklahoma had some very uncommon errors at the wrong time.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

gift wrapped them 1 run. When is instant replay coming to college softball now?! Fundamentals though cost us this one. It reminded me of  game 3 against oklahoma had some very uncommon errors at the wrong time.

I always hate to see an Auburn team lose, but what's worst is an Auburn team losing because of poor officiating. I can handle a legitimate loss, but this kind of loss in a crucial game just makes me sick.  This happens too many times across the board in the SEC.  They need to adapt a rule to use replay in softball to get the call right if they are not sure.

25 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

that seems like that should have been the centerfielders ball????  was she leaning against the wall?  draper has speed ... i would have expected her to be there for that one.  if she fields it, even on the hop, then i think we get the ball to the catcher probably holding the runner at 3rd?

I had the same thought, but didn't get enough looks at it.  Draper was within 6 feet of McCrackin.  My guess is Draper could have caught it, but it looked like Crack had it; she had just caught one very like it; so no need perceived to call her off.  But what happened after she dropped it?  Still seems as though there should have been time to head off the winning run.

The umps didn't cost AU the game, 2 errors did. I get as frustrated as anyone at bad calls, but you have to over come them. AU did until the last out. Umps gave UF 1 run, AU gave them 2. 

On to the next one knowing AU can beat UF the next two if they eliminate their own mistakes. 

Serious error in RF in the 6th, but we got away with that one. Then two more in the bottom of the 7th. There's simply a limit to how many mistakes you can make late in a game when you're playing top-level competition. This team is not playing with a "been there, done that" attitude. They were very tight late in the game. Lets hope they got that out of their system.

This may sound too negative at this point in the season but this team feels right on the edge between good and great ... unfortunately I'm not confident they ever get on the right side of that edge.  I just don't think we've got that little something xtra.  

No doubt we are having a great season so far.  Hope I misread it.

We need that extra bat that Snow was going to give us.

Just keep getting better!

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

This may sound too negative at this point in the season but this team feels right on the edge between good and great ... unfortunately I'm not confident they ever get on the right side of that edge.  I just don't think we've got that little something xtra.  

No doubt we are having a great season so far.  Hope I misread it.

I've been thinking this same thing for a few weeks now. I may not follow as closely as many here though, so I was hesitant to say as much. Just seems to be a little something missing offensively. (Something like Carasone maybe.)

6 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I've been thinking this same thing for a few weeks now. I may not follow as closely as many here though, so I was hesitant to say as much. Just seems to be a little something missing offensively. (Something like Carasone maybe.)

a LOT missing offensively losing 3 all americans in rhodes howard and carasone who was the emotional leader of the team.

1 hour ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I started to write this comment a couple times over the last couple weeks and thought it might be premature but unfortunately I think we will struggle during the conference.  They will be good but good in this conference may not be enough.

hope when tourney time rolls around they find that extra little bit.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

a LOT missing offensively losing 3 all americans in rhodes howard and carasone who was the emotional leader of the team.

Forgot about Howard in my post, but not in my thought I was trying to relay. The importance of a good leadoff cannot be measured.

Archived