‘Bulls**t Factory’: On CNN, Ex-Obama Speechwriter Says CNN Puts on ‘Stupid’ Trump Surrogates

Auburn85

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bull****-factory-on-cnn-ex-obama-speechwriter-says-cnn-puts-on-stupid-trump-surrogates/

Former Obama speechwriter Jon Lovett appeared on CNN this morning and took a moment to critique the network for putting “stupid” people defending President Trump on the air.

Brian Stelter asked about his issues with cable news, and Lovett said that while Stelter in particular has consistently called out Sean Hannity, CNN comes out with panels that are “smart person, smart person, smart person, stupid person, smart person, smart person, smart person, bulls**t factory.”

He said he’s not insulting all Trump supporters, just saying that the pro-Trump people who appear on CNN are “terrible representatives of the views of conservatives” and they’re “not intellectually honest people.”

“The same criticism you direct at Hannity,” Lovett told Stelter, “you could direct at the people that CNN puts on the air.”

In talking about the kind of discussion people are hungry for these days, Lovett said he wants a “no-bulls**t conversation about politics” on his podcast. (And if you’re wondering, he was not censored either time he said it.)

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Yep. Unwatchable. Instead of surrogates, have a panel of credible journalists across a range of publications.

Not what he said though. He said every panel consists of a smart person until a Trump supporter is included. Thus the:

CNN comes out with panels that are “smart person, smart person, smart person, stupid person, smart person, smart person, smart person, bulls**t factory.”

Everyone is smart except for Trump people.

Who watches CNN?

38 minutes ago, Auburn85 said:

Not what he said though. He said every panel consists of a smart person until a Trump supporter is included. Thus the:

Everyone is smart except for Trump people.

Not exactly. He said that "he’s not insulting all Trump supporters, just saying that the pro-Trump people who appear on CNN are “terrible representatives of the views of conservatives” and they’re “not intellectually honest people.”

In other words, CNN is picking the worst of the bunch, not that all Trump people are this way. 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not exactly. He said that "he’s not insulting all Trump supporters, just saying that the pro-Trump people who appear on CNN are “terrible representatives of the views of conservatives” and they’re “not intellectually honest people.”

In other words, CNN is picking the worst of the bunch, not that all Trump people are this way. 

I talked about his comments about the CNN panel. Where did I say anything about saying he was talking about all Trump supporters in general and not in the context of all Trump supporters on CNN?

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

As a hardcore leftist, I'd have to say they are all stupid. Objectively though, I've seen Trump spokespeople on CNN that are well spoken and intelligent on conservative matters. The problem ,or rather the bull****, happens when they try to defend Trump and the remarkably idiotic things he does and says. When you try and defend things that everyone in the world except POTUS knows isn't reality, you can't help but sound stupid.

3 hours ago, Auburn85 said:

I talked about his comments about the CNN panel. Where did I say anything about saying he was talking about all Trump supporters in general and not in the context of all Trump supporters on CNN?

Sorry if I misunderstood.  Even reading it again, it's not clear to me that's what you were saying, but I believe you and apologize for any misunderstanding.

Archived