Brandon Harris to North Carolina

aufan57

We know where former LSU quarterback Brandon Harris will be play football next. And he’s headed to the ACC. 

Harris announced Sunday on Facebook that he would be transferring to North Carolina. He previously announced a transfer from LSU last month. Harris went through roughly a six-week recruiting phase before eventually settling on the Tar Heels. 

“Obviously, it has been an important time for me, looking for a great situation and another opportunity to grow as a young man and as a student as well as a football player. The opportunity to accomplish that is very important to me. After my offical visit this weekend to the University of North Carolina, I’m going to get that opportunity,” Harris said. 

“With that being said, I’m fully committed to UNC this upcoming year and I look forward to the opportunity to play for coach Fedora and UNC. Thank you, to all of those who have kept me in your prayers and continue to do so. I have to say that I haven’t been this excited in a while and can’t do anything but thank God and my wonderful family for their continued support.”

Harris will compete immediately as a graduate transfer for the opportunity to succeed Mitchell Trubisky, who is expected to be one of the top quarterbacks taken in the upcoming NFL Draft -- if not the top one selected. 

Harris was also heavily recruited by Texas and considered Arizona. Longhorns first-year coach Tom Herman has made no secret he embraces an open quarterback battle this offseason. 

Harris started the first game of the season to Wisconsin but was eventually benched in favor of Danny Etling. Harris, once thought to be the future at quarterback for the Tigers, finished the season with 139 passing yards, a touchdown and two picks. He started the 2015 season, throwing for 2,158 yards, 13 touchdowns and six interceptions. 

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ex-lsu-qb-brandon-harris-announces-hes-transferring-to-north-carolina/

• WarTiger changed the title to Brandon Harris to UNC

Good luck to him but I can't imagine Texas or any top tier programs being that interested. Cool he is a graduate. That says more about him. 

UNC will most likely have the first QB drafted in the NFL this year.  It'll be interesting to see what Fedora can do with BH in a year.  I got no idea, but I'll bet he'll be worlds better than he was under Les.

Agreed, @oracle79. It's doubtful he becomes a stud all of a sudden but he's finally in a system that fits him so just based on that alone he should look better than Leslie had him looking.

• WarTiger changed the title to Brandon Harris to North Carolina

I'm not trying to throw shade, but is this the kid Malzahn recruited and compared to Cam?  If so, I'm glad he won't be in the SEC should he reach his full potential.  

Best of luck to him.  

3 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I'm not trying to throw shade, but is this the kid Malzahn recruited and compared to Cam?  If so, I'm glad he won't be in the SEC should he reach his full potential.  

Best of luck to him.  

Not trying to be snarky here but I'm pretty sure CGM tells every QB recruit that can run that they remind him of Cam

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

Not trying to be snarky here but I'm pretty sure CGM tells every QB recruit that can run that they remind him of Cam

Probably.  

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:15 PM, Tiger said:

My favorite line of Gus' last year was every time we lost a game: "We're close".

Archived