Fagan
Shea
Gipson
Veach
McCrackin
Podany
Draper

Makayla Martin pitching

nothing for Florida (1 hit) in the 1st.   Shea hit by a pitch to lead off the 2nd .  Gipson and Veach strike out swinging.  McCrackin strikes out swinging.

not feeling too good tonight so I may not be able to update thread as often as usual.  I'll do what I can.

AU has to get the bats going. These rise ball pitchers are killing us. 

grounder to 1st and Veach fields, throws to fagan covering 2nd and retreats to cover 1st and takes the return throw for the double play to end the 3rd.   After 3 complete, Auburn trailing 1-0

Cooper, Fagan and Shea coming up.     Cooper laces one to right for a lead off single.   Fagan up

8 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

grounder to 1st and Veach fields, throws to fagan covering 2nd and retreats to cover 1st and takes the return throw for the double play to end the 3rd.   After 3 complete, Auburn trailing 1-0

They made that look really easy, Barnhill is doing the same on the mound unfortunately.

If we do not get this game that L yesterday and even moreso  the way we lost it will hurt even more. 

Florida gets another run in the 4th.  After 4 complete, Auburn trails 2-0.   We've got to find a way to get some base runners here.  

I'm not fully aware of hitting mechanics in softball, but what is it about the rise ball that's so deceptive to hitters and is causing so many swings and misses?

2 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

I'm not fully aware of hitting mechanics in softball, but what is it about the rise ball that's so deceptive to hitters and is causing so many swings and misses?

I think it's the combination the upward trajectory of a softball pitch (b/c of the underhand delivery) and the backspin (vs the backpsin but downward tracjectory of a fastball in baseball). Auburn is doing a great job at swinging at balls and taking strikes though, which will make a great pitcher look Goddess-like.

a bunt scores 2 runs for florida and its 7-0 after 5.  florida left the game ending run at 3rd. 

Archived