Keegan Thompson (updated 4/6/17: Will start vs aTm)

Coach Thompson tentatively plans to keep Keegan Thompson out of the series versus South Carolina.

Updated on 4/6/17 below

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Did he say who will start in place of him?

Not in the above interview.

In a way, I think this is a good thing for the team.  If they can somehow take 2-of-3 from South Carolina without Keegan, then the overall team confidence will be sky high moving forward and could pay major dividends come tournament time.

Seems likely that BT would move everyone forward one game...and Sunday would be the mystery starter?  I've been really impressed with Mize....gives us a solid Friday guy if needed IMO.

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

In a way, I think this is a good thing for the team.  If they can somehow take 2-of-3 from South Carolina without Keegan, then the overall team confidence will be sky high moving forward and could pay major dividends come tournament time.

Heck. I was just hoping to take 1 from SC even with Keegan. If we still can I will be happy.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Heck. I was just hoping to take 1 from SC even with Keegan. If we still can I will be happy.

Considering Bama took one from SC on the road, I don't think a series win is out of the equation, especially if Mize can steal Friday night.  Not banking on it by any means though.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Considering Bama took one from SC on the road, I don't think a series win is out of the equation, especially if Mize can steal Friday night.  Not banking on it by any means though.

Going to be hard without Keegan. And as bad as Bama is they have 1 really good pitcher that got their lone win over SC.

I'm sure they'll be some response, but why don't we take a page from SC and pitch backwards?  Move Macho Camacho to Friday, Daniel Saturday and Mize Sunday? SC's Friday is not as good as their Sat/Sun combo.  This is a move they've been pretty successful.

3 hours ago, HitandRun5 said:

I'm sure they'll be some response, but why don't we take a page from SC and pitch backwards?  Move Macho Camacho to Friday, Daniel Saturday and Mize Sunday? SC's Friday is not as good as their Sat/Sun combo.  This is a move they've been pretty successful.

I like what your saying but if we are looking to avoid getting swept without Keegan I say we put Mize on Friday to try to get at least one win against their weakest pitcher and then put Daniel on Saturday and pitch Macho, Lipscomb, or Mitchell on Sunday. I do see what your saying though. At this point we need to avoid getting swept at all cost, especially after such a great start. If Mize can get us Friday then we also have a chance to win the series which would be huge without KT

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

So much for the "fatigue" story.

Listen to the interview posted in the OP. Butch is still sticking to it for now.

I trust there has been no mention of a visit to Dr. Andrews ? 

29 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I trust there has been no mention of a visit to Dr. Andrews ? 

No. Just said he would be looked at & info gotten yesterday & today.

21 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wonder if Chandler Camacho is moved up to a weekend start. Either that or maybe starting Andrew Mitchell or Lipscomb.

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Wonder if Chandler Camacho is moved up to a weekend start. Either that or maybe starting Andrew Mitchell or Lipscomb.

Lipscomb is the closer. I doubt he starts.

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

With Camacho slated to pitch tonight, I doubt it.  Could see Klobosits start if Keegan can't go.

Everyone taking this game seriously I assume.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Everyone taking this game seriously I assume.

I assume anytime involves Turdtown it is taken seriously!  

15 minutes ago, warhogone said:

I assume anytime involves Turdtown it is taken seriously!  

just looking for a serious starting pitcher...:)

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

With Camacho slated to pitch tonight, I doubt it.  Could see Klobosits start if Keegan can't go.

Wouldn't surprise me either but he's not the best option imo. If we start Camacho tonight then he can probably go on Sunday with the rest, but I think we see Mitchell or Lipscomb depending how much he's used Friday and Saturday. Klobisits could be a great option but he's been up and down, but since we're almost desperate I wouldn't be upset if BT goes with him

31 minutes ago, au302 said:

Wouldn't surprise me either but he's not the best option imo. If we start Camacho tonight then he can probably go on Sunday with the rest, but I think we see Mitchell or Lipscomb depending how much he's used Friday and Saturday. Klobisits could be a great option but he's been up and down, but since we're almost desperate I wouldn't be upset if BT goes with him

One thing about Klobo....you usually know pretty quickly whether he has his stuff 

36 minutes ago, au302 said:

My preference would actually be to use Klobo tonight and save Camacho for the weekend.  But I'm guessing that all things created equal, BT may try to run a "Johnny All-Staff" kind of game on Sunday, especially if we can save the pen in games 1 & 2.

Archived