Softball vs. Florida - game 3 (Merged)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lined up the middle, off Carlson's leg and she recovers and throws to 1st to get the out.  FINAL.  AUBURN WINS 1-0.    WAR EAGLE!!!!

Florida coach must have said or done something to her. She is visibly upset about a push it looks like. 

some kind of run in with Florida coach?

In the congratulatory "high-five" line after the game, the UF coach had his hand up to give five to Fagan and nudged her shoulder instead of giving her "five". 

2 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

In the congratulatory "high-five" line after the game, the UF coach had his hand up to give five to Fagan and nudged her shoulder instead of giving her "five". 

What a jerk.

Tempers flaring.  I watched it a few times, she deliberately didn't have her hand up to give him five, anyways.  Still, he went a little too far by putting hands on her like that,

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

some kind of run in with Florida coach?

Both of her older sisters played at Florida and were dismissed from the team for some sort of an incident.  You might google something like Fagan sisters dismissed from Florida softball to get the info.  That is likely what led to Haley going to South Alabama her first year.  I suspect there is no love lost between the Fagan family and the Florida coach and I suspect it spilled over in the post game.  Too bad we did not take two instead of the way we lost game 1. 

Great job gutting out a win.  2 of the 3 games had us in the lead with 1 out to go.  I would think the softball nation had their eyes on this series and saw that Auburn was leading most of the series despite Florida getting 2 wins.  

Ticks me off about the Florida coach shoving one of our girls.  JF3 probably not too happy about it either. 

3 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Both of her older sisters played at Florida and were dismissed from the team for some sort of an incident.  You might google something like Fagan sisters dismissed from Florida softball to get the info.  That is likely what led to Haley going to South Alabama her first year.  I suspect there is no love lost between the Fagan family and the Florida coach and I suspect it spilled over in the post game.  Too bad we did not take two instead of the way we lost game 1. 

That makes his move even worse. If you know there is bad blood, you make sure you don't give her a reason to say anything. He is the coach/adult. If she doesn't have her hand up you move on. This guy's always been a jerk. He just reinforced the point. That being said...I don't like the way she reacted and continued to mouth off. 

Best I could tell the UF coach was congratulating the AU players when Fagan came up behind him....obviously could not see what was said but did not look to me like the coach started anything....and he turned when Fagan was behind him.    Could have been some left over personal stuff but I didn't see the UF coach do anything to cause an incident.

And as noted...Fagan did not let it go.... 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Best I could tell the UF coach was congratulating the AU players when Fagan came up behind him....obviously could not see what was said but did not look to me like the coach started anything....and he turned when Fagan was behind him.    Could have been some left over personal stuff but I didn't see the UF coach do anything to cause an incident.

SECN showed it.  You must have caught the very end where she comes back at him about it.  He blatantly made contact with her shoulder beforehand.

1 minute ago, wglewgle629 said:

Yeah.  That's wasn't a nudge.  He extended his arm on the shoulder push.  Complete douche move.  

Definitely looking for a reaction with that poke.  I hope the SEC takes a hard look at this.

He gave her a high five to her body.  She thought about it for a split second, turned around and pushed him in the back.  

They had some words then her teammates pulled her away.  I'm old fashioned about stuff like that and usually think the kids are wrong ... but she absolutely did the right thing sticking up for herself regardless of the back story.

Remember, he is the mature experienced adult in this situation, right? Setting the example for the college girl.

He should know she would resent him for what he did to her sisters. She should have high fived him, but once she didn't, he never should have gotten in his slight push letting her know how he felt. Once he did that, no way she doesn't retaliate...Don't blame her for letting it out..

Just my view but Fagan grossly over reacted . Once the coach realized what happened, he tried to ignore her and go on down the line but she pushed her way into the crowd the second time and then appeared to be screaming at him while her teammates tried to pull her away and went after him again.

I looked at the video several times and never saw him respond to her even after she pushed him. I never saw anything that justified that kind of response and look at the Auburn players going through the high five line. They sure didn't see or hear anything that disturbed them or that they considered inappropriate. 

I am betting that this is the end of that situation. 

Let's be brutally honest here. Both were at fault. Haley wasn't high fiving Florida players or coaches. Walton viewed that as disrespectful so he nudged her when she went by which was also disrespectful. Don't think Walton's nudge had anything to do with the past with the Fagan sisters. Nobody has mentioned it anywhere but kudos to Casey McCrackin for showing leadership by grabbing Haley & getting on her about her attitude.

Man, a caught pop up from winning the series. Good to get the win but the postgame antics seem sketchy. Hope that doesn't become too big of a distraction. 

Archived