2018 4* WR Seth Williams commits to AU!!!

ellitor

5 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Hill is more polished than Ross or Williams. I would say Williams is more polished than Ross. As for friends with JF that would be Hill. Ross also speaks with JF alot more so with JG though. Williams to AU is looking good as long as bama doesn't push. I think we can get Ross still if we get Williams. We will get 1 of Ross or Williams to go along with Hill imo. Maybe both but as ClaytonAU saI'd landing both is going to be difficult. Of we land all 3 Hill Ross and Williams this will rival DC last wr class in Davis NCM and Stove. McClain also is a guy from that class who will be very good before he leaves AU.

Great...I know Ross is waiting til after the season but when will Seth commit? Has he said a preferred period of time? Surprised that you say Ross is the least polished of the three. What makes Ross not as polished? So if Hill commits to us do you think their friendship is a big factor in bringing in JF? He kind of downplayed friendships in his dawgnation interview.

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Great...I know Ross is waiting til after the season but when will Seth commit? Has he said a preferred period of time? Surprised that you say Ross is the least polished of the three. What makes Ross not as polished? So if Hill commits to us do you think their friendship is a big factor in bringing in JF? He kind of downplayed friendships in his dawgnation interview.

23 knows what he's talking about. He may not be dead-on accurate every time,  but he knows more than almost anyone here. We'd be well-advised to listen to and appreciate the info he shares. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

23 knows what he's talking about. He may not be dead-on accurate every time,  but he knows more than almost anyone here. We'd be well-advised to listen to and appreciate the info he shares. 

Trust me I do and am not denying him, I'm just curious about his reasoning of his comments.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

What are our chances of sign Seth and Ross? I hope it's really good.

I think 25%. 50/50 x 50/50. That's for you Bird ?

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

@auburn4ever What are our chances of signing Zamir White?

he is a UGA commit....that would be nice if that was soft commit

On 8/9/2017 at 11:32 PM, WFE12 said:

Ross is the least polished of the 3. I am not a scout that is my opinion. Williams to AU is looking more likely everyday. Hill is a lock and I expect him to commit very soon. Hill is a friend of JF and would help. Wooten Cam and Chip and our offense are bigger factors for JF. I wouldn't be surprised to see SW commit soon but it won't be over until he signs.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Ross is the least polished of the 3. I am not a scout that is my opinion. Williams to AU is looking more likely everyday. Hill is a lock and I expect him to commit very soon. Hill is a friend of JF and would help. Wooten Cam and Chip and our offense are bigger factors for JF. I wouldn't be surprised to see SW commit soon but it won't be over until he signs.

Going to be Hill and Williams. Ross is going to uat. I don't think Ross is a big lost myself. Kid has ability but like you said is very raw. That is one hell of a WR class. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Going to be Hill and Williams. Ross is going to uat. I don't think Ross is a big lost myself. Kid has ability but like you said is very raw. That is one hell of a WR class. 

Yep Kodi showed he can recruit with the class he will sign. I expect Hill very soon. I have heard Williams could pull trigger very soon also. I have thought fron the start even though Ross was giving us love he would end up at bama. Ross has the potential to be very good but will have to be coached up.

• Like 4

I'll be great with our WR class if we get Hill and Williams. I sure hate that we miss on guys just down the road from us. Oh well, nothing to complain about ultimately in this situation honestly...unless Ross turns into another Julio or Amari Cooper, lol.

I am just so glad Phenix City is turning in to a bama pipeline >:(. UN REAL. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. This is the same as the benton recruitment. Visit Auburn a billion trillion weekends in a row then somehow still end up a lean to bama then they commit to bama. WHATEVS if we get Hill and Seth Williams I will be happy.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am just so glad Phenix City is turning in to a bama pipeline >:(. UN REAL. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. This is the same as the benton recruitment. Visit Auburn a billion trillion weekends in a row then somehow still end up a lean to bama then they commit to bama. WHATEVS if we get Hill and Seth Williams I will be happy.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Phenix City is split 50/50 AU/Bama imo. But Central for whatever reason leans Bama a lot more. Coach Dubois is familiar and comfortable with Saban. 

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

While I'm happy about Hill & Williams, that is extremely discouraging that we're going to lose another kid from Phoenix City. At the beginning of the summer we said that this would be on the entire coaching staff, not just Burns, if we lost this kid that we once led for. So what changed? Is there a chance that landing JF or having a big season will swing things back in our favor? 

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

While I'm happy about Hill & Williams, that is extremely discouraging that we're going to lose another kid from Phoenix City. At the beginning of the summer we said that this would be on the entire coaching staff, not just Burns, if we lost this kid that we once led for. So what changed? Is there a chance that landing JF or having a big season will swing things back in our favor? 

his mom who came back from serving our country is a HUGE bama fan. I am sure that def helps. He did most of his visits to us when she was away.

35 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This is an honest statement I will take Hill and Williams and give them Ross right now and be fine with it. Even though coaches felt good I posted from the start it watch out for bama. I have seen this story too many times.

Edited by austudnt23

27 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

This is an honest statement I will take Hill and Williams and give them Ross right now and be fine with it. Even though coaches felt good I posted from the start it watch out for bama. I have seen this story too many times.

Agreed. They can turn up the heat anytime they want and snag Williams probaly. I do not think we could pull off getting both ross and williams like they can. Even if he commits I will be worried till the fax comes through.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Agreed. They can turn up the heat anytime they want and snag Williams probaly. I do not think we could pull off getting both ross and williams like they can. Even if he commits I will be worried till the fax comes through.

I believe Bama is only taking two more WR's and they look good for a kid out of Texas and Ross. I agree that I won't feel safe until fax come through.  Kid really likes Auburn though as does his family. 

Edited by austudnt23

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Didn't we just get a CB from Phenix City in the last class?

3 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Didn't we just get a CB from Phenix City in the last class?

the class before benton. He will probaly end up the least impactful of the 3 players unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

the class before benton. He will probaly end up the least impactful of the 3 players unfortunately. 

Broussard Jr.   Still, he was a 4* and ranked pretty well when we signed him.  

50 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Broussard Jr.   Still, he was a 4* and ranked pretty well when we signed him.  

what is the point you are making though? We should sign all of the guys in our backyard though. But we don't. It seems we downright struggle at it sometimes. Or at least it feels that way.  Signing him should of made it easier to sign the 2 prospects after him.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

what is the point you are making though? We should sign all of the guys in our backyard though. But we don't. It seems we downright struggle at it sometimes. Or at least it feels that way.  Signing him should of made it easier to sign the 2 prospects after him.

Many kids want to go away to college. Sometimes being from our backyard is the biggest thing that works against us and this isn't limited to Auburn.

• Like 1