2018 4* WR Seth Williams commits to AU!!!

ellitor

AUBURN | It didn’t take long for 

to know he wanted to sign with Auburn.

All it took for the four-star receiver from Cottondale was a visit.

“You know how you get a good feeling about things, I had that good feeling here when I first stepped on campus,” Williams said. “I knew it was meant for me. I knew I was going to enjoy my time here and it was a place I could fit in without football if something does happen.”

Williams visited and committed to Auburn in November and signed with the Tigers a month later. He was back on campus over the weekend for an official visit.

“It was great. I had fun,” Williams said. “(Early enrollee 

) was telling me about the workouts and managing times with classes and things like that. Hopefully I don’t have any problems with that, just get up on time and manage my time and I’ll be straight.”

Williams is scheduled to move to Auburn at the end of May. It’s a move not many believed he would make in the beginning of his recruitment. Most thought he would stay close to home and attend Alabama. Most local recruits do, but Williams is an exception.

“It’s super-rare,” Williams said. “That’s all I hear, ‘they got him out of the backyard’. It wasn’t a backyard for me because I was never in the backyard.”

The whispers from the local fans have died down.

“They say they’re going to support me,” Williams said. “They’re not going to support the team, but they’re going to support me.”

Williams understands. He was once in their position.

“As a child I grew up an Alabama fan,” Williams said. “My family, we never talked about Auburn, but when I got the offer I looked into it and saw the history behind it. It kind of caught my attention.”

Auburn is glad it did. So is Williams.

“I’m looking forward to (Auburn) a lot,” Williams said. “I want to have a fun time here and just focus on football and my education.”

Rivals ranks Williams, who is 6-foot-3 and weighs 213 pounds, the No. 5 overall player in the state, No. 224 in the Rivals250 and No. 40 wide receiver in the class.

• Love 1

SETH WILLIAMS is the freaking man!!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh I hope he is a star so bad!!! He just gets Auburn. BYE BYE JUSTYN ROSS if you never got AU and how special and amazing it is after your 30032092390 visits then you never will. It only took Seth one visit to get it. SO dang glad he is a part of this class. WAR DAMN SETH WILLIAMS FOREVER!!! 

tyx9emw.gif

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AUBURN | It didn’t take long for 

to know he wanted to sign with Auburn.

All it took for the four-star receiver from Cottondale was a visit.

“You know how you get a good feeling about things, I had that good feeling here when I first stepped on campus,” Williams said. “I knew it was meant for me. I knew I was going to enjoy my time here and it was a place I could fit in without football if something does happen.”

Williams visited and committed to Auburn in November and signed with the Tigers a month later. He was back on campus over the weekend for an official visit.

“It was great. I had fun,” Williams said. “(Early enrollee 

) was telling me about the workouts and managing times with classes and things like that. Hopefully I don’t have any problems with that, just get up on time and manage my time and I’ll be straight.”

Williams is scheduled to move to Auburn at the end of May. It’s a move not many believed he would make in the beginning of his recruitment. Most thought he would stay close to home and attend Alabama. Most local recruits do, but Williams is an exception.

“It’s super-rare,” Williams said. “That’s all I hear, ‘they got him out of the backyard’. It wasn’t a backyard for me because I was never in the backyard.”

The whispers from the local fans have died down.

“They say they’re going to support me,” Williams said. “They’re not going to support the team, but they’re going to support me.”

Williams understands. He was once in their position.

“As a child I grew up an Alabama fan,” Williams said. “My family, we never talked about Auburn, but when I got the offer I looked into it and saw the history behind it. It kind of caught my attention.”

Auburn is glad it did. So is Williams.

“I’m looking forward to (Auburn) a lot,” Williams said. “I want to have a fun time here and just focus on football and my education.”

Rivals ranks Williams, who is 6-foot-3 and weighs 213 pounds, the No. 5 overall player in the state, No. 224 in the Rivals250 and No. 40 wide receiver in the class.

Was just going to post this from scout.com...I'm elated about his comments! Gonna have some funny family stories from him when he and his family get here. My favorite quote is that he could fit in here without football in case something happens (God forbid!). Dude looks to be a game-changer and will be great to fill that possession type role with our others having the speed role as for as freshmen go. This is part of the reason why he's one of my top 5 most anticipated recruits to watch.

• Love 1