2018 4* DE/Buck Caleb Tannor

ellitor

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

grades? character concerns? what is the deal here? He is really talented.

You still have AUC access right? Keith posted an update an hour ago.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You still have AUC access right? Keith posted an update an hour ago.

And for those of us that don't?

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And for those of us that don't?

Get a sub, wait for Benjamin Wolk to cover it in a day or so, or ask for a PM. lol

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Get a sub, wait for Benjamin Wolk to cover it in a day or so, or ask for a PM. lol

giphy.gif

Please, Sir May I have a PM

9 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Pretty sure it’s grades. Not sure why it’s some big secret though. 

I've only seen it behind a pay wall and y'all know AUF rules on that.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's not. He is in awful shape and is not expected to be able to sign with anyone. 

I'd be surprised if he even went JUCO.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I've only seen it behind a pay wall and y'all know AUF rules on that.

So if the sky is blue above Dothan on a pay wall site does that make the info off limits?

23 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So if the sky is blue above Dothan on a pay wall site does that make the info off limits?

That's common knowledge. Tannor's grades weren't as far as I knew. I never heard of him having grade issues before last night since it's generally disrespectful to talk about a kid's grades publicly unless the kid OKs it.

One-time Auburn target de-commits from Georgia

This one could look like timing in the public eye, but it was trending this way for a while.

Caleb Tannor de-committed from Georgia on Monday night, which caught the attention of a lot of people in the Auburn fan base for good reason. Tannor is a 4-star outside linebacker/defensive end from Lithonia, Ga. He’s a tall, athletic guy who has a lot of upside as a pass rusher.

But this wasn’t a decision that happened overnight, or just because Georgia lost to Auburn. Tannor found himself as the odd-man out in a Georgia pass-rusher class that is loading up. The Bulldogs already have commitments from Adam Anderson and Azeez Ojulari (who visited Auburn last Saturday). They’re also in the game for KJ Henry and Channing Tindall who could fill similar roles.

IMG_9365_wkjzlf.jpg
4-star DE Caleb Tannor re-opened his recruitment. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

RELATED: Caleb Tannor de-commits from Georgia

With only six or so spots remaining in Georgia’s class, the number crunch has already started and pass-rusher was a good place to start.

So why was Tannor the odd-man out?

It doesn’t have to do with talent. Tannor hasn’t been playing football for that long, but he’s a special athlete who, with a few years of grooming, has a chance to be an all-SEC-caliber pass-rusher. The bigger concern with Tannor are a few academic things that still have a chance to be worked out with a strong final semester.

Remember this: When Tannor made his initial choice, it was down to Auburn and Georgia. He chose Georgia, but he visited the Plains the day before he made his decision, and the Tigers would’ve loved to accept his commitment. The academic side of things could create a few hiccups, but I still expect Auburn to become a major player for Tannor once again.

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's common knowledge. Tannor's grades weren't as far as I knew. I never heard of him having grade issues before last night since it's generally disrespectful to talk about a kid's grades publicly unless the kid OKs it.

I saw it talked about on the CFB subreddit. Does that count?

Just now, ellitor said:

His avi had been Jayzo Jacobs The Clown.

haha I was trying to convey (unsuccessfully) that his new signature made me forget what the heck I was doing for about 30 seconds. Hard to scroll all the way down without stopping to admire. 

Archived