2018 4* DE/Buck Caleb Tannor

ellitor

Just now, WFE12 said:

I don't mind that attitude at all it's just that Gus told him he would play early. But hey...he probably could play over the other freshman buck.

whatever it takes to get more 4 stars in the boat. It will make our signing day a lot more FUN!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

What's the difference between that and a gif? Not that I care all that much, just killing time until the BB game starts on the SEC network. :) Also, since there's time, what does "gif" stand for?

Graphics interchange format.......which basically means I still don’t understand the meaning?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

What's the difference between that and a gif? Not that I care all that much, just killing time until the BB game starts on the SEC network. :) Also, since there's time, what does "gif" stand for?

GIF= graphics interchange format. Oops, BJ beat me to it.....

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I see the gif monsters are bored while waiting for the women't basketball game to start at 4 0'clock. bammer at AU, whup 'em Tigers!

The only response to that:

C4D165B2-BF35-429E-B414-0B995E5B3D3D.gif

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

G-Grandmas

I- Ironing

F- Fajitas

I thought it meant "Grandma Is Fat" or..............G-Gas, I-Indigestion, & F-Flatulence (GIF)

12 minutes ago, fredst said:

The only response to that:

C4D165B2-BF35-429E-B414-0B995E5B3D3D.gif

jH-YsD.gif

da48ce096313a5c60f9761abf121f6bea689ebfe

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I thought it meant "Grandma Is Fat" or..............G-Gas, I-Indigestion, & F-Flatulence (GIF)

me and @fredst thought it meant Goober IS football lol

Caleb Tannor decommitted from Georgia on Nov. 14. With a week-and-a-half remaining until National Signing Day, two of the top schools on his list are ones that play the Bulldogs every year — Auburn and Florida.

The four-star defensive end out of Miller Grove High in Lithonia, Ga., took an official visit to Auburn this weekend, and he came away from it feeling like he could picture himself playing on the Plains.

“Auburn was always going to be in the race,” Tannor said. “Just the vibe that I had with the players and the coaches.”

The Tigers envision the 6-foot-3, 210-pound Tannor as a buck defensive end, which is role he said likes because it gives him the ability “to just run around and rush.” Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn told him he could have an opportunity come in and play early.

Jeff Holland starred at the position in 2017 before leaving early for the NFL Draft, leaving T.D. Moultry, Nick Coe and Big Kat Bryant as the likely top options to fill that role as of now.

Auburn will have to contend for Tannor’s services with Florida, where he visited last week, and Nebraska, where he visited the week before. Tannor said he also plans to visit either Florida State or Miami next weekend, and that either one could potentially get in the mix.

Tannor won’t announce his decision until National Signing Day on Feb. 7, but he is getting closer to making one. And it could come down to Auburn vs. Florida.

"Just the place that's right for me that I can call home for the next four years,” Tannor said of the No. 1 factor he’s looking for. “They've both got the same things I need to look at. Same pros and cons. There are really no cons, to be honest. I've just got to pray about it and stuff like that. Then we'll see."

I have a good feeling about Caleb joining our elite defense. I see him getting on the field as a true freshman. Coach Steele will have a lot of talent to work with, and Caleb should fit right into our rotation as a true freshman.

I've never been a big fan of NSD commits. I'm fine with them if they inform the staff ahead of time but it puts teams in awkward positions at times.

One site, SEC Country has several of our 4 star recruits listed as 3 star recruits including Caleb Tannor. This does not make sense.  I think this site does not get it and really misses the boat.  What site out their would you consider that most accurate site for getting the star rating of recruits as close to right as possible?

8 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

What site out their would you consider that most accurate site for getting the star rating of recruits as close to right as possible?

Way to hard to quantify. The best though is the composite ranking because it's the most valid due to it weighs all 3 sites rankings equally.

I like Tanner but if he is really going to wait to National signing day to tell who is going to. Then I don't think there will be a spot available for him. There are others I like as much or more and with only 3-4 slots open we may not be able to wait for anybody who won't let us know they are committing to us at least as silent commits. This late in the game I would also be worried about silent commits. I would prefer Langham over him.

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I like Caleb Johnson & Malik Langham better FWIW.

What about Tank Jenkins as an OL take for us?

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

I like Tanner but if he is really going to wait to National signing day to tell who is going to. Then I don't think there will be a spot available for him. There are others I like as much or more and with only 3-4 slots open we may not be able to wait for anybody who won't let us know they are committing to us at least as silent commits. This late in the game I would also be worried about silent commits.

silent but deadly!

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I like Caleb Johnson & Malik Langham better FWIW.

caleb johnson does not have 4 stars next to his name so he does not exist for me lol

8 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I like Tanner but if he is really going to wait to National signing day to tell who is going to. Then I don't think there will be a spot available for him. There are others I like as much or more and with only 3-4 slots open we may not be able to wait for anybody who won't let us know they are committing to us at least as silent commits. This late in the game I would also be worried about silent commits. I would prefer Langham over him.

I don't think Gus is going to do silent commits anymore in the class. He's been burned a couple times already.

8 hours ago, doc4aday said:

What about Tank Jenkins as an OL take for us?

Not a target. Played too many games with the staff.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Is the composite on a free site? If so, linkey please.

It's the 247 composite. It's the standard we have been using on this site for 5 years or more.

Archived