2018 4* DE/Buck Caleb Tannor

ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not a target. Played too many games with the staff.

Do you mind explaining the situation, just out of curiosity of what he did.  

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It's the 247 composite. It's the standard we have been using on this site for 5 years or more.

I'm aware that the composite is the standard you've been using, just didn't know where it was located.

51 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm aware that the composite is the standard you've been using, just didn't know where it was located.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Also the AU commits page on 247 is based on their composite rankings.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Commits

57 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Do you mind explaining the situation, just out of curiosity of what he did.  

Not much to explain. Waffled on committing to AU a few times when he had the chance over the Summer & early season.

Will we take him if he wants to commit now?  One site has him going to us. Cannot remember where I saw it though.

15 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Will we take him if he wants to commit now?  One site has him going to us. Cannot remember where I saw it though.

From the OV thread: https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/161323-jan-26-28-ov-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2815876

22 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Caleb Tannor was the last official visitor to leave. He was in the same jolly mood he’s always in. Tannor is down to three schools of Auburn, Florida and Nebraska, but he kept using the word “both” about his decision as if it’s down to Auburn and Florida. He plans to take an official visit next weekend to Florida State or Miami and one of those schools could get in the mix. Tannor will make his final decision on National Signing Day during a ceremony at his school. This will likely come down to Auburn and Florida. He’s much more familiar with Auburn than Florida, but he liked his official visit with the Gators last weekend.

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

I think it is 247 sports has him at 56% crystal ball for Auburn. I do not think this is premium information. If by chance it is, let me know asap and I will delete.

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

It appears he's a take but may be a toss up between AU & Florida.

Bump. AU appears to have a lot of momentum here. All the crystal ball picks are now for AU & have been made the past 2 weeks, including from reporters for teams that have been & are apart of his recruitment.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Bump. AU appears to have a lot of momentum here. All the crystal ball picks are now for AU & have been made the past 2 weeks, including from reporters for teams that have been & are apart of his recruitment.

I hope we can get both him and Langham.

wde

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Keith’s CB is back to foggy and UF CBS are coming in.

This means we are gonna be either really disappointed or really excited on NSD. Hoping it’s the latter of the two.

1 minute ago, AUinGA44 said:

This means we are gonna be either really disappointed or really excited on NSD. Hoping it’s the latter of the two.

So true. Could mean we feel good about bigger ?. Really hope it is that and not the other scenario. ????

6 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Yep. Could be good and it could also be the first step to having.a “we love you CD Daniels” NSD.

Tannor is tagged on his profile page in this VIP article so off to the Rivals Section he & this thread goes.

image.png

Auburn to go in different direction from 4-star DE

As first reported by Keith Niebuhr of 247Sports, Auburn has changed course on 4-star defensive line target Caleb Tannor. Just a week ago, Tannor looked like the most likely candidate to join the Tigers’ 2018 class. That has changed drastically for a variety of reasons.

For starters, Auburn hasn’t been getting a firm answer from Tannor the last few days. He gave positive vibes after his official visit and after his in-home visit — enough for the Tigers to think he would land in the class. As it turns out, Florida and Nebraska were receiving similar feedback after their respective official and in-home visits.

Auburn has had discussion about how it wanted to close out the recruiting cycle. The Tigers already have a commitment from a prospect Richard Jibunor who will serve a similar, if not identical, role for Auburn. That gave the Tigers a little bit of leeway to assess other options, especially considering the lack of spots and Tannor’s lack of certainty.

This will seem like a loss for Auburn fans, I’m sure. Tannor is a fine prospect who will have plenty of upside wherever he chooses between Florida and Nebraska (I’m leaning Cornhuskers), but it wasn’t always a sure thing Auburn would take Tannor. The Tigers were certainly willing to as recently as the weekend, but no firm answers forced a change in plans for Auburn.

The likelihood Caleb Johnson lands in this class is helped dramatically by this move.

Caleb Johnson seems to have more upside than Tannor. I would think that a recruit that wavers left and right, could be a problem due to this kind of trait to the team that lands him. I could be wrong and hope the young man goes to Nebraska and performs well for them. 

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Auburn to go in different direction from 4-star DE

As first reported by Keith Niebuhr of 247Sports, Auburn has changed course on 4-star defensive line target Caleb Tannor. Just a week ago, Tannor looked like the most likely candidate to join the Tigers’ 2018 class. That has changed drastically for a variety of reasons.

For starters, Auburn hasn’t been getting a firm answer from Tannor the last few days. He gave positive vibes after his official visit and after his in-home visit — enough for the Tigers to think he would land in the class. As it turns out, Florida and Nebraska were receiving similar feedback after their respective official and in-home visits.

Auburn has had discussion about how it wanted to close out the recruiting cycle. The Tigers already have a commitment from a prospect Richard Jibunor who will serve a similar, if not identical, role for Auburn. That gave the Tigers a little bit of leeway to assess other options, especially considering the lack of spots and Tannor’s lack of certainty.

This will seem like a loss for Auburn fans, I’m sure. Tannor is a fine prospect who will have plenty of upside wherever he chooses between Florida and Nebraska (I’m leaning Cornhuskers), but it wasn’t always a sure thing Auburn would take Tannor. The Tigers were certainly willing to as recently as the weekend, but no firm answers forced a change in plans for Auburn.

The likelihood Caleb Johnson lands in this class is helped dramatically by this move.

This is just my opinion but if he was going to fiddly fart around in his recruitment, he's going to fiddly fart about everything else. So,  Caleb, don't let the door bump your a$$ on the way out.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mikey THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR EVEN ME!!!!! That is absurd!!!! Way worse than what Quay did. I can see why the staff got beyond frustrated with him and told him to take a hike and kick rocks. I would of posted  this sooner but this is the first time seeing this. OUR CHUMA randomly just retweeted this and it popped up on my timeline! lol

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Mikey THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR EVEN ME!!!!! That is absurd!!!! Way worse than what Quay did. I can see why the staff got beyond frustrated with him and told him to take a hike and kick rocks. I would of posted  this sooner but this is the first time seeing this. OUR CHUMA randomly just retweeted this and it popped up on my timeline! lol

I'm at a loss for what's going on in America (the World, for that matter) where people celebrate A-Holish behavior.

Him: "Look at me, I'm a huge a-hole!"

Crowd: *SLOBBER-SLOBBER* "GIVE US MORE! GIVE US MORE!"

I mean..... What?

His mother sitting right there beside him, she should have said stop it son, I did not raise you to behave in this manner. Too many people in this country today are rude and disrespectful of others. The manners even matter anymore?

1 hour ago, aufan57 said:

His mother sitting right there beside him, she should have said stop it son, I did not raise you to behave in this manner. Too many people in this country today are rude and disrespectful of others. The manners even matter anymore?

Maybe she did raise him to behave in that manner?

Archived