3* DE/Buck Caleb Tannor
3* DE/Buck Andres Fox
3* DE Trey Laing
3* OLB Jacquez Jones
3* CB Jaycee Horn
3* DB JuanYeh Thomas
3* S Jamien Sherwood

Edited by ellitor

Well the good news is that I heard that scuttle butt is locker room talk says we are 100% guaranteed to win this game. Which will be a huge + for the recruits. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well the good news is that I heard that scuttle butt is locker room talk says we are 100% guaranteed to win this game. Which will be a huge + for the recruits. 

LMAO!!!! PHEWWWWWWWWW was really worried with who our opponent is that we would succumb under the bright lights of the world renowned A day game and lose. We have a legendary win streak in the A day game to keep going. Rumor is over in west vance that if they win their A day game they will claim another national title........ TIFWIW.

On 3/28/2017 at 6:50 AM, ellitor said:

I've seen enough names posted publicly to start a visitors list so here goes

Likely to attend

4* QB Joey Gatewood
4* RB Asa Martin
4* WR Justyn Ross
4* OG/C Jalil Irvin
4* OG Trey Hill
4* DE/Buck Brenton Cox
4* DT Coynis Miller
4* LB JJ Peterson
4* LB/S Nathaniel Watson
4* DB Quindarious Monday
3* RB Harold Joiner
3* WR Anthony Schwartz
3* LB Richard Jibunor
3* DB JuanYeh Thomas
3* ATH Kolbi Fuqua

Maybe

4* WR Marquez Ezzard

Jibunor I hope is on commitment watch!!! WOOOOO!!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jibunor I hope is on commitment watch!!! WOOOOO!!!

That would be great, but based on all the hype growing around him, then I would assume he is going to string this out a little.

NOTE: ABSOLUTELY NO INSIDE INFO.  Just gut feel.

Edited by lkeel75
  • Like 1

Removed Jibunor. He's taking the ACT Saturday. Jalyn Armour-Davis is another ACT casualty. There could be more. A Day is on a big ACT day throughout the country.

Edited by ellitor

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Removed Jibunor. He's taking the ACT Saturday. Jalyn Armour-Davis is another ACT casualty. There could be more. A Day is on a big ACT throughout the country.

Seems like this happens way too often for us. I remember this being a problem in the past during Big Cat weekend recently. I mean of course your going to have no shows because obviously the ACT is a big freaking deal. I mean come the heck on. there is not another big act test date till June I was looking it up. Any of the other surrounding weekends could of worked this spring and not interfered with the act. Cost us at least 2 of our biggest targets. Jibunor it felt could of popped for us this weekend as well. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Wow! You would think that we would have a person in our athletic department that would have figured this out. I mean, we finally get an ADay that we're not having to share with UAT and we STILL can't get all of our top prospects on campus without having major schedule conflictions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

Wow! You would think that we would have a person in our athletic department that would have figured this out. I mean, we finally get an ADay that we're not having to share with UAT and we STILL can't get all of our top prospects on campus without having major schedule conflictions.

This falls all on patrick suddes honestly. This is literally his job is too scout out when it is the best weekend to have big potential recruiting weekends in the off season like this when we can get A day all to ourselves so we can get the most big time targets on campus with no interference from our main rival AND not have it fall when the ACT does. Goodness.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This falls all on patrick suddes honestly.

Not necessarily. Gus wanted to move up A Day so coaches don't miss out on any Spring evaluation recruiting days which had been starting the week prior to when A Day games had been played. It had been on the 3rd Saturday in April. Moved it up to the 2nd Saturday this year.

Edited by ellitor

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily. Gus wanted to move up A Day so coaches don't miss out on any Spring evaluation recruiting days which had been starting the week prior to when A Day games had been played. It had been on the 3rd Saturday in April. Moved it up to the 2nd Saturday this year.

well that is even worse then if this is on Gus.

On 3/31/2017 at 10:35 AM, lkeel75 said:

That would be great, but based on all the hype growing around him, then I would assume he is going to string this out a little.

NOTE: ABSOLUTELY NO INSIDE INFO.  Just gut feel.

I think you would be correct on your assumption. 

I would if I were in his shoes. It's not like he's a lifelong AU fanboy. He's a foreigner getting courted by the world's highest paid used car salesmen, and he's trying to figure out the best situation for himself over the next four years + the best way to maximize his chance at an education/professional career. I'd be all about taking my time and letting people love on me for a few months.

23 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

well that is even worse then if this is on Gus.

So, you think it would be better to miss recruiting days than to put A-day where Gus put it? According to ellitor's schedule you can't have it both ways.

Edited by Mikey

21 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I would if I were in his shoes. It's not like he's a lifelong AU fanboy. He's a foreigner getting courted by the world's highest paid used car salesmen, and he's trying to figure out the best situation for himself over the next four years + the best way to maximize his chance at an education/professional career. I'd be all about taking my time and letting people love on me for a few months.

AU was hoping that Jibunor would be committed right now. 

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, you think it would be better to miss recruiting days than to put A-day where Gus put it? According to ellitor's schedule you can't have it both ways.

1 step forward 4 step back with me and you! One of these days we will go on a long agreeing streak! I just know it! I have not given up hope.

WDE, I'm certain Auburn was hoping for that, but if I were in the kid's shoes, I wouldn't be interested in committing right now.

There is no way to hit on all these kids without having scheduling conflicts! It is an unreasonable request to make the timing perfect for everyone! IMHO

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

1 step forward 4 step back with me and you! One of these days we will go on a long agreeing streak! I just know it! I have not given up hope.

Perhaps, but you didn't answer the question. Would you move A-day back to where it was and miss the recruiting road visits by our coaches or leave A-day where Gus put it and have some guys not visit because of ACT conflicts? Which would you choose, and why do you think Gus made the wrong choice?

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Perhaps, but you didn't answer the question. Would you move A-day back to where it was and miss the recruiting road visits by our coaches or leave A-day where Gus put it and have some guys not visit because of ACT conflicts? Which would you choose, and why do you think Gus made the wrong choice?

I did not answer the question because I did not want to get in a long argument with you that your famous for around these parts when you eviscerate poor victims in type form. Don't want have to go all lawyer mode on you Matthew McConaughey style in a Time to Kill which is what it would take to beat you in a battle of wits.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

OK OK!!! you have twisted my arm I will answer you this. I wish our A Day was just next weekend. It is simple. Still not on the same date as West Vance and allows us to have 2 of our biggest targets to come to the game in Armour Davis and Jibunor. I am of the mindset and belief and a reminder it is just my opinion but if they would of made A Day it would of all but locked them up. Jibunor is always on commitment watch when he is on campus now imo. It is one of the biggest off season visit days for the kids outside of big cat weekend. The excitement for A Day is more than the usual amount because of the buzz surrounding Stidham. The End. Lets go evaluate some Linebackers now and call it a day! haha.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

OK OK!!! you have twisted my arm I will answer you this. I wish our A Day was just next weekend. It is simple. Still not on the same date as West Vance and allows us to have 2 of our biggest targets to come to the game in Armour Davis and Jibunor. I am of the mindset and belief and a reminder it is just my opinion but if they would of made A Day it would of all but locked them up. Jibunor is always on commitment watch when he is on campus now imo. It is one of the biggest off season visit days for the kids outside of big cat weekend. The excitement for A Day is more than the usual amount because of the buzz surrounding Stidham. The End. Lets go evaluate some Linebackers now and call it a day! haha.

A reasonable response. It doesn't address how much we'd lose by the coaches missing evaluation days at at high schools, but the amount of that loss is known only to Gus and the coaches. Maybe that knowledge is why they made the decision to hold A-day Saturday?

My point being, tossing stones at coaches' decisions without looking at all sides of the reasons said decision was made isn't quite Kosher, is it?

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A reasonable response. It doesn't address how much we'd lose by the coaches missing evaluation days at at high schools, but the amount of that loss is known only to Gus and the coaches. Maybe that knowledge is why they made the decision to hold A-day Saturday?

My point being, tossing stones at coaches' decisions without looking at all sides of the reasons said decision was made isn't quite Kosher, is it?

I have no idea how having it next week would interfere with evaluation days at high schools.