2018 4* OG Trey Hill (UGa)

ellitor

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Who are we going after? I got a feeling Kaleb Kim, Tyler Carr, and others are just eating schollys. 

They are looking at other guys. They do want another guard & by all indications Tank is not a target anymore as of now.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

wait seriously?  I swear I remember us being the clear leader in the clubhouse in this department! I was going to add him to the exclusive club of the markail benton amount of visits do not matter VIP club! lol.

Nope. When he wasn't at AU the past couple of years he was at UGa & made some midweek visits there too.

Just now, War to the Eagle said:

I'm assuming no chance for a flip here. Locked in? Early signee?

Would seem low & yes.

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

Ouch.

you are going to have to take 1 for the team and be the bagman for dylan wonnum for us!!! lol.

All I can say is WOW. He was AU at one point but Kirby just beat our butts on this one. This one hurts for reasons I can't say on here.

Things are definitely going to be alot tougher in recruiting going forward.

Yeah this pretty much does suck. We do lose some oline but we got guys with starts under their belts coming back. ? Here's to hoping UGA stumbles next year cause they do lose a lot and stop their momentum. 

5 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I hope their coaches start getting picked up for other jobs. 

Well let's start by nabbing Dell McGee in January when teams can add a 10th coach.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Well let's start by nabbing Dell McGee in January when teams can add a 10th coach.

Agreed. I don’t know who Hill’s main recruiter was but I know that McGee has been on fire for GA on the recruiting trail. I’d love to have him. 

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't think anything "happened". It's always been close. Popular opinion to the contrary, the results of one or even a few games have approximately zero effect on a recruit's decision.

The only major occurrence since the Iron Bowl, and it's an important one, is Gus getting an extension and the staff getting raises all around. That killed the "Their coach is going to be fired" negative recruiting that rivals have been using against us. As to Hill, who knows? I don't think we have lost any ground with him, but us getting Hill was never an uncontested layup.

I appreciate the info. Hopefully, Hill will have a change of heart.

22 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

sec title game? these kids are super impressionable. Also helps his family is thuga fans.

I was hoping I would get some kind of good news. I guess not.

I remember one year in Pat Dye's days when we couldn't/didn't sign a single player from Georgia. "UGA has put up a fence around the state! We'll never get another player from there!" Weep, weep, weep, on it went. The next year we got several. This year we already have several Georgia kids committed. I don't like Hill going to UGA either, but some of you need to get back from the ledge. It has been worse and we survived and thrived.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I remember one year in Pat Dye's days when we couldn't/didn't sign a single player from Georgia. "UGA has put up a fence around the state! We'll never get another player from there!" Weep, weep, weep, on it went. The next year we got several. This year we already have several Georgia kids committed. I don't like Hill going to UGA either, but some of you need to get back from the ledge. It has been worse and we survived and thrived.

Georgia's class for next year is shaping up to be even better than this years. this is no 1 year fluke random issue with them and that state. We are going to have to scratch and claw in georgia for as long as kirby is around. We really need them to fall on their face next year with a 8-5 type season. And we need to be undefeated going in to amen corner. https://georgia.247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/Commits

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Georgia's class for next year is shaping up to be even better than this years. this is no 1 year fluke random issue with them and that state. We are going to have to scratch and claw in georgia for as long as kirby is around. We really need them to fall on their face next year with a 8-5 type season. And we need to be undefeated going in to amen corner. https://georgia.247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/Commits

We always have to scratch and claw for out of state kids. Richt had top five classes almost every year too. There's not that much of a change over there. They will recruit very well whether they go 11-1 or 7-5 or 5-7.

This year, we currently have seven (7) four-star prospects from Georgia committed. That's not very shabby, there have been more years than not when AU getting 7 four-stars from Georgia would be cause for great rejoicing here and DulDawgs getting put on suicide watch over there.

Just now, Mikey said:

We always have to scratch and claw for out of state kids. Richt had top five classes almost every year too. There's not that much of a change over there. They will recruit very well whether they go 11-1 or 7-5 or 5-7.

This year, we currently have seven (7) four-star prospects from Georgia committed. That's not very shabby, there have been more years than not when AU getting 7 four-stars from Georgia would be cause for great rejoicing here and DulDawgs getting put on suicide watch over there.

E can correct me if I am wrong here but I do not think any we "beat out" georgia for. If I am not mistaken georgia was not pushing hard for any of those guys besides maybe Smoke Monday I believe. That is my point. We have to win some of these battles against kirby with the guys we both covet. Those are the elite guys. It just feels different with kirby than with richt. I cannot see anytime soon in the future 3 of the top 5 players in georgia ending up somewhere else like when we got lawson and monty adams and Ole Miss got Nkemdieche. Kirby is picking and choosing right now.

@GwillMac6 It's nowhere near that bad. You are driving yourself into anxiety attacks when we are having one of the better recruiting years in recent times. Pour a little bourbon over an ice cube and watch your recording of the 1st AU/UGA game this year. It will all be ok, I promise.

Archived