2018 4* OG Trey Hill (UGa)

ellitor

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

@GwillMac6 It's nowhere near that bad. You are driving yourself into anxiety attacks when we are having one of the better recruiting years in recent times. Pour a little bourbon over an ice cube and watch your recording of the 1st AU/UGA game this year. It will all be ok, I promise.

WO WO WO!!! Just wait one minute now. Lol are you serious right now? Do not pull that condescending crap on me you use on other people in here. Do I ask you to change your sunshine pumper no matter what ways?! NOOOOOO!!! I accept you for who you are and continue to battle with you day in and day out and have a blast and a lot of fun doing it!!! I would hope you would show me the same respect I show you in that regard. You still fam but man you are the distant cousins who I go out of my way to avoid their phone calls at all costs!! haha. Anxiety? I laid out legitimate concerns for you. Sorry I want the very best for Auburn and want us to take that next step and get top 5 classes every few years and not just top 10 classes. We are so close to where we can be elite every year. Just need to fix a few things....... I have never. Will never and won't ever drink a sip of alcohol but if you got some of the devils nose candy I will gladly take that off of you. How do you think I am always this upbeat and hyper?!?! hahahaha 

mWQKX_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=funny

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really thought Herb Hand would give us a boost in recruiting. I expected him to be a better recruiter than a coach. But it’s sad when you can’t even sell early PT to these kids after losing 4 seniors on an offensive line that was one win away from the CFP.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We really need them to fall on their face next year with a 8-5 type season.

Need a few of them. 1 subpar season rarely has a big impact in recruiting, especially when you are the State school in 1 of the big 4 recruiting states.

I do not think any we "beat out" georgia for. If I am not mistaken georgia was not pushing hard for any of those guys besides maybe Smoke Monday I believe.

Michael Harris. Beat them & tOSU.

We have to win some of these battles against kirby with the guys we both covet.

Yes we have to get some but not as badly as we may have needed to before. High school talent in Georgia is booming. It's no longer the Big 3 recruiting states of Florida, Texas, & Cali.....then Georgia....then everybody else. It's legitimately a Big 4 now. Florida is #1 by a landslide but Georgia has caught up to Texas & Cali for #2 in terms of talent & depth of talent. There are 40 4*s or better in Georgia in this class. UGA can't take all of them w/ the yearly 25 new enrollee limit. With staff stability there's no reason we can't continue to recruit that state well.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WO WO WO!!! Just wait one minute now. Lol are you serious right now? Do not pull that condescending crap on me you use on other people in here. Do I ask you to change your sunshine pumper no matter what ways?! NOOOOOO!!! I accept you for who you are and continue to battle with you day in and day out and have a blast and a lot of fun doing it!!! I would hope you would show me the same respect I show you in that regard. You still fam but man you are the distant cousins who I go out of my way to avoid their phone calls at all costs!! haha. Anxiety? I laid out legitimate concerns for you. Sorry I want the very best for Auburn and want us to take that next step and get top 5 classes every few years and not just top 10 classes. We are so close to where we can be elite every year. Just need to fix a few things....... I have never. Will never and won't ever drink a sip of alcohol but if you got some of the devils nose candy I will gladly take that off of you. How do you think I am always this upbeat and hyper?!?! hahahaha 

mWQKX_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=funny

W/ all due respect GWill I didn't see anything condascending in Mikey's post & I should know. I am the unfortunate Jedi Master of condascention. I think it was just kind grandfatherly advice from a guy who has a whale of a lot of experience following recruiting.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

W/ all due respect GWill I didn't see anything condascending in Mikey's post & I should know. I am the unfortunate Jedi Master of condascention. I think it was just kind grandfatherly advice from a guy who has a whale of a lot of experience following recruiting.

With all dude respect this is what me and magic mike do!!! We have a little playful jokey joke back and forth that is in total fun and is just messing around. I was not really upset at all! I asked D craig and he did indeed inform me it is all gucci still!!! haha

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I really thought Herb Hand would give us a boost in recruiting. I expected him to be a better recruiter than a coach. But it’s sad when you can’t even sell early PT to these kids after losing 4 seniors on an offensive line that was one win away from the CFP.

Hand did a damn good job keeping this one close to the end. It's hard to win a kid when his entire family & city push him hard to the in state school. Hand selling the depth chart hard is the only reason we were in the game with Hill.

With losses like this on the recruiting trailer, Gus wont last through the end of his contract because we wont be beating UGA very regularly. Now he is getting paid seven million a year, expectations are much higher.  

8 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

With losses like this on the recruiting trailer, Gus wont last through the end of his contract because we wont be beating UGA very regularly. Now he is getting paid seven million a year, expectations are much higher.  

Yep the howls will grow even louder thanks to his contract. 

9 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Now he is getting paid seven million a year, expectations are much higher.  

W/ due respect no they aren't. It's  still 9-10 wins with getting some from UGa & Bama. $7 mil is the market rate right now for that standard which is insane.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

W/ due respect no they aren't. It's  still 9-10 wins with getting some from UGa & Bama. $7 mil is the market rate right now for that standard which is insane.

well, we disagree then. Want to talk about the market? Gus is one of the top 5 highest paid coaches in college football, so yes, expectations are much higher. If Gus wants to get paid as a top 5 coach, then he needs to recruit and win like a top 5 coach. 

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

well, we disagree then. Want to talk about the market? Gus is one of the top 5 highest paid coaches in college football, so yes, expectations are much higher. If Gus wants to get paid as a top 5 coach, then he needs to recruit and win like a top 5 coach. 

Hard to tell what will happen in the future seeing as none of us can predict the future. If Gus wins next year, contract starts to look good. If he falls on his face, he looks bad. We're recruiting at a high level right now. 

4 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Reality is that won't be a top 5 coach pay for long & what got him that contract? 10 wins while beating UGa & Bama in the same season So yes getting 9-10 wins a year while beating  Bama & UGa some is still the expectation to keep him secure in the long run.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Reality is that won't be a top 5 coach pay for long & what got him that contract? 10 wins while beating UGa & Bama in the same season So yes getting 9-10 wins a year while beating  Bama & UGa some is still the expectation to keep him secure in the long run.

My original point was that if we keep losing to UGA on the recruiting trail like this, we won't be beating UGA on a regular basis, which will make the fan base go crazy and want a new coach. Whether that's right or wrong, most Auburn fans expect for their coach to beat UGA no less than half of our meetings. Anything less is and should be unacceptable, I don't care about what kind of run they might go on over the next several years. Those should be our expectations and we shouldn't waiver from them. If Gus needs to do more "Netflix and chill" with these Georgia kids then he needs to do so. He is getting paid 7 million dollars now - time to start winning these types of battles. 

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hand did a damn good job keeping this one close to the end. It's hard to win a kid when his entire family & city push him hard to the in state school. Hand selling the depth chart hard is the only reason we were in the game with Hill.

Yeah, but I’m still:

1FB50AFA-F656-4B2C-BDA8-D027DD593F8C.jpeg

40 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

My original point was that if we keep losing to UGA on the recruiting trail like this, we won't be beating UGA on a regular basis, which will make the fan base go crazy and want a new coach. Whether that's right or wrong, most Auburn fans expect for their coach to beat UGA no less than half of our meetings. Anything less is and should be unacceptable, I don't care about what kind of run they might go on over the next several years. Those should be our expectations and we shouldn't waiver from them. If Gus needs to do more "Netflix and chill" with these Georgia kids then he needs to do so. He is getting paid 7 million dollars now - time to start winning these types of battles. 

If he was coaching for free the expectations would still be there.

This one stings a little. Only because it seems like his talent matches his ranking. IMO, we're not in dire need at the position. Losing a Sherwood or Smoke would be a killer to this class.......again IMHO.

8 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Correct if wrong but Gus isn’t making $7M/yr with new contract. That’s what his annual will be at the end.

whew! then what the hell were we expecting good OL commits for?  If he's only making 5, then I'll be happy with a few 2 star diamond in the roughs.

11 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Correct if wrong but Gus isn’t making $7M/yr with new contract. That’s what his annual will be at the end.

Haven't seen his contract but I've seen reports of $49 mil over 7 years. If true that's a $7 mil a year average.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Haven't seen his contract but I've seen reports of $49 mil over 7 years. If true that's a $7 mil a year average.

Check out the big brain on E, lol.(one of my favorite movies, no offense intended)

You say that, but if we brought in an up and comer like Mark Hudspeth because we let Malzahn and his “market rate” walk, you’d see the expectations shift. 

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You say that, but if we brought in an up and comer like Mark Hudspeth because we let Malzahn and his “market rate” walk, you’d see the expectations shift. 

we wouldn't, and didn't, do that.  Our 2 biggest rivals are at the top of their game...expectations are not going down any time soon.

Archived