2018 4* OG Trey Hill (UGa)

ellitor

29 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Sick of GA snagging all the recruits. This is something that will get more difficult the longer Kirby stays and the more GA’s program develops. GA is the hotbed for recruiting. We’ve got to be able to beat them on these battles. Kirby is building something strong at GA like Saban does every year at Bama. We have to play them both. Let’s hope Gus can hang with them. 

Deep breaths. Wooosssaaahh. Life goes on. Auburn is still Auburn. We'll get our share, don't you worry about that.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Sick of GA snagging all the recruits. This is something that will get more difficult the longer Kirby stays and the more GA’s program develops. GA is the hotbed for recruiting. We’ve got to be able to beat them on these battles. Kirby is building something strong at GA like Saban does every year at Bama. We have to play them both. Let’s hope Gus can hang with them. 

On the bright side they can only sign 25 a year.

Wilfong the national guy flipped his crystal ball from AU to thuga. No idea how this one turned. He seemed to be all AU after the iron bowl.

45 minutes ago, AUTigers10 said:

We are 10th in avg star rating

Rivals has us 6th,  my 5th was incorrect. 5th, 6th, or 10th, it’s still shaping up to be a heckuva class. War Eagle!

DEC23F23-6F70-4447-A396-92E3465CA9E1.png

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Rivals has us 6th,  my 5th was incorrect. 5th, 6th, or 10th, it’s still shaping up to be a heckuva class. War Eagle!

GOT to win more of these key battles vs kirby for these elite prospects. Trey Hill is one we should of closed on. Listen I am not naive. I know georgia has the edge on a lot of these kids because of being the home state school but recruiting in georgia will be tougher now with kirby instead of richt. Kirby is relentless on the trail.

1 hour ago, AUTigers10 said:

We are 10th in avg star rating

Welcome newbie but incorrect. We are 6th in average atar rating on the composite. We were 5th the other day. The composite does not give that info. It has to be calculated manually. Now average raw score grade is given by the composite & we are 9th there.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

my 5th was incorrect.

When you repeated me from the other day it wasn't. I used the calculations on the composite. Miami passed in average stars since then.

I tend to look less at average points / stars or class rankings, which can be misleading, and more at how often we bring in a game changing talent (say, 0.96+ on 247 or top 6 at their position). We need that average star power to provide the basis and depth for a great team, but we also really need some of those top six to eight at their position guys to compete with the best, and to make our own guys better. When you look at recruiting that way, at who is landing the elite positional talent on a regular basis, you see that we still have some ground to make up. It's unfortunate that our two biggest rivals are UGA and UA, *and* that they recuit a lot of the same guys we do. That's an uphill slog, for sure.

2 hours ago, AUinfusion said:

I tend to look less at average points / stars or class rankings, which can be misleading, and more at how often we bring in a game changing talent (say, 0.96+ on 247 or top 6 at their position). We need that average star power to provide the basis and depth for a great team, but we also really need some of those top six to eight at their position guys to compete with the best, and to make our own guys better. When you look at recruiting that way, at who is landing the elite positional talent on a regular basis, you see that we still have some ground to make up. It's unfortunate that our two biggest rivals are UGA and UA, *and* that they recuit a lot of the same guys we do. That's an uphill slog, for sure.

That's why continuing to get top 10 classes are so important in staying in striking distance personnel wise then the staff has to do a good job of developing & retaining the talent we get.

21 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Everything I read on this board, especially after the IB seemed to indicate TH was ours for the taking. What happened?

sec title game? these kids are super impressionable. Also helps his family is thuga fans.

41 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Everything I read on this board, especially after the IB seemed to indicate TH was ours for the taking. What happened?

We might still get him. Other than him announcing after his visit to UGA there hasn't really been any other signs pointing to UGA. Lot of UGA fans are mixed on where they think he might go. I still think 50/50 but we will know by 11 a.m, eastern time.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

It was always tight even with the momentum of the IB. UGa never went away.

22 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

We might still get him. Other than him announcing after his visit to UGA there hasn't really been any other signs pointing to UGA. Lot of UGA fans are mixed on where they think he might go. I still think 50/50 but we will know by 11 a.m, eastern time.

Pretty sure he's committing around 6 PM tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Samau said:

I heard our in home visit went well. I still think we get Hill.

Visits usually go well. Whether they are enough to make an impact are the real question.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Welcome newbie but incorrect. We are 6th in average atar rating on the composite. We were 5th the other day. The composite does not give that info. It has to be calculated manually. Now average raw score grade is given by the composite & we are 9th there.

I have been around since auburn eagle so I’m certainly no newbie. Just don’t post on this new site and keep things close to the vest for reasons such as this. 

We were tenth in the score rating on composite when I posted. Notre Dame gained a three star commitment afterwards dropping them below us. Excuse my lack of technicality when referring that to the average star rating.

But regarding Trey Hill it seems to be UGA.

War Eagle

13 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I was using composite score so it was my mistake. Here’s to hopefully us finishing strong ?

War Eagle

8 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I don't think anything "happened". It's always been close. Popular opinion to the contrary, the results of one or even a few games have approximately zero effect on a recruit's decision.

The only major occurrence since the Iron Bowl, and it's an important one, is Gus getting an extension and the staff getting raises all around. That killed the "Their coach is going to be fired" negative recruiting that rivals have been using against us. As to Hill, who knows? I don't think we have lost any ground with him, but us getting Hill was never an uncontested layup.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Is this from information or just paranoia?

I'm told uga. Has had the #1 rated QB and the #1 rated RB in his ear for a while. That has made a huge difference. AU's recruits aren't recruiting like this for one reason or another. 

Archived