2018 4* OG Trey Hill (UGa)

ellitor

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm told uga. Has had the #1 rated QB and the #1 rated RB in his ear for a while. That has made a huge difference. AU's recruits aren't recruiting like this for one reason or another. 

Any extra info on why au recruits arent recruiting him to AU?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smart is killing it recruiting.  Richt was never able to keep this many top in-state players at home.

3 minutes ago, CR said:

Smart is killing it recruiting.  Richt was never able to keep this many top in-state players at home.

Richt still had top 5 classes. He just went outside Georgia's borders a bit more. Also he has the Canes w/ the #3 class in the nation. Make no mistake about it. The man knows how to recruit.

This one will hurt. Hill was our most important remaining target (in my opinion). Our line could have used someone this dominant. The commits we have now on the O line have a lot of potential, but they will probably be riding the bench for a few years first. We can expect Georgia to have many more dominant performances against us like they had in the SECCG if we keep losing these types of battles. 

My thought? Go hard after Tank Jenkins. Contrary to anyone's opinion, Hill wasn't going to play for us next year. Harrell and Horton are going to be our starting Guards, barring injury. Jenkins has a high ceiling but probably needs a year or two... good news! We have a year or two before we should need him.

You win some, you lose some.

7 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Hill wasn't going to play for us next year. Harrell and Horton are going to be our starting Guards, barring injury.

AU likes him just as much as a C as a G. Given there is a current unproven hole at C it is concievable he could have been our starting C next year at some point as a freshman.

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Don't think this is UGA 100% yet. Don't be too shocked if he does pick Auburn. That said, expect him to pick UGA. 

Thanks Keef!

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AU likes him just as much as a C as a G. Given there is a current unproven hole at C it is concievable he could have been our starting C next year at some point as a freshman.

E, has Brahms not progressed if Hill can possible come in and play C next year?

Just seems like all that momentum that our boys in blue and our coaches  worked really hard on that came with the amazing atmospheres and games of the first georgia game and the iron bowl was basically all erased or hurt in  the sec title game. Goes to show you how shaky and unstable our recruiting ground coming in to this season was with all the questions surrounding gus where all it took was 1 bad game to flip the balance of power on some key targets. We need a dominant performance in the bowl game to get back some momentum and close the year strong and not have the sec title game be the last game recruits remember. Winning 10 games next year is more important ever. And of course WHO we beat to get to those 10 games.

I'm still unsure about UGA  because he really likes AU....ALOT and he believes he can come in and have a chance to play immediately.  It will certainly surprise me if he chooses UGA but he does have Fromm and Kirby in his ear all the time. 

Kirby was at his house Wednesday showing the love. AU was there Thursday but I don't think Gus came... not sure why but that could be a big mistake.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

WTF is this for?

It was a compliment. Your post was written in style like Keith on AUC. His nickname is Keef across various boards so I called you Keef.

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

E, has Brahms not progressed if Hill can possible come in and play C next year?

IDK if he has  but he is not a proven commodity to us fans. He was coming into AU off an injury. If he was on scout team which I expect he was when he got healthy,, scout teamers don't get much of a chance to really progress during that football season now-a-days Neither is Kaleb Kim on the known commodity part..

24 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

I'm still unsure about UGA  because he really likes AU....ALOT and he believes he can come in and have a chance to play immediately.  It will certainly surprise me if he chooses UGA but he does have Fromm and Kirby in his ear all the time. 

Kirby was at his house Wednesday showing the love. AU was there Thursday but I don't think Gus came... not sure why but that could be a big mistake.

Gus visited last night.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just seems like all that momentum that our boys in blue and our coaches  worked really hard on that came with the amazing atmospheres and games of the first georgia game and the iron bowl was basically all erased or hurt in  the sec title game. Goes to show you how shaky and unstable our recruiting ground coming in to this season was with all the questions surrounding gus where all it took was 1 bad game to flip the balance of power on some key targets. We need a dominant performance in the bowl game to get back some momentum and close the year strong and not have the sec title game be the last game recruits remember.

You do realize games in a season have very little impact on that year's recruiting class as long as there isn't a major staff change right? The SECCG will have no bearing on who Trey Hill picks.  He will pick UGA or AU regardless. And yes AU created momentum off this season before the SECCG. Now whether that momentum would lead to AU winning recruiting battles in this class on kids they weren't already leading with is highly doubtful. History has shown time & again relationships win battles in current recruiting classes, not having great seasons on the field, Those great seasons on the field has a much bigger impact in later classes because they open doors for relationships to be formed between recruits & staff.

29 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

Gus had his in home visit last night after the UGA OV.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You do realize games in a season have very little impact on that year's recruiting class as long as there isn't a major staff change right? The SECCG will have no bearing on who Trey Hill picks.  He will pick UGA or AU regardless. And yes AU created momentum off this season before the SECCG. Now whether that momentum would lead to AU winning recruiting battles in this class on kids they weren't already leading with is highly doubtful. History has shown time & again relationships win battles in current recruiting classes, not having great seasons on the field, Those great seasons on the field has a much bigger impact in later classes because they open doors for relationships to be formed between recruits & staff.

This was a special case for this season. WE HAD to have a good year on the field or our staff was going to get fired. We were getting hammered in negative recruiting. The relationships were going to be good are only as good as the on field results for this cycle because this staff would be gone. The team came up big down the stretch. I believe the SEC title game absolutely had some bearing. we had all the momentum in his recruitment before that game and now have none after that game. obviously it had a impact.

where is my fellow goober police at?! lol  @fredst THIS GUY is recruiting lights out as the head coach at georgia?! HOW????????? He has middle school gym teacher written all over him!!!! ughhhhhhhhhhhh :[[[[[[[

Archived