2018 4* OG Trey Hill (UGa)

ellitor

5 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

He did the same post for us. What I have nto seen is anything for Gus's visit

lol that is not why I posted that. I just wanted to make fun of kirby.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Top OL Trey Hill set to make commitment

The day that should get Auburn’s early signing day ball rolling is finally here. That’s not to say the Monday outcome will be what the Tigers want — it may be — but at the end of it, one of Auburn’s top targets will have his decision made, which will help determine the approach going forward with the Dec. 20 signing period on the horizon.

Trey Hill will announce his commitment Monday. He’s narrowed it down to four programs — Auburn, Georgia, Florida and Florida State. All four of those programs have been to see Hill in the last week in some fashion.

My sources tell me this one comes down to Auburn and Georgia.

On the Georgia side, there is a great deal of confidence. Hill made it to Athens for his official visit this weekend despite the weather concerns from many other schools. The emphasis of the trip had less to do with the Athens atmosphere — something Hill is more than familiar with — and centered more around organizing the academic side of things.

It was by design for Georgia to host Hill on an official visit this closely to his decision.

DSC_0118_qdzzl3.jpg
Offensive line target Trey Hill enters the stadium earlier this season. (Sarah Lundgren/SEC Country)

Auburn hosted him on an official visit a few weeks ago, so the Tigers used a different method to get in Hill’s ear last. As Hill said a few weeks ago, Gus Malzahn wanted the last head coach in-home visit, and that’s exactly what happened. Malzahn went in-home Sunday night for the last sales pitch to Hill. My Auburn sources have doubts about Hill picking the Tigers — unlike my Georgia sources regarding him picking Georgia — but the visit went well enough Sunday night that they don’t want to rule themselves out.

Hill’s decision could come at any point Monday, but this evening is the most likely timeframe.

He’s the No. 2 offensive guard in the nation and the No. 38 overall prospect. For a while, he’s been the Tigers’ top offensive line target and arguably top overall prospect on the board. With Hill signing in December, this decision Monday will almost certainly be the end of the road for Hill’s recruitment.

The Crystal Ball suggests it’ll be either Auburn or Georgia, though 81 percent of it now reads Georgia. I placed my prediction for Georgia on Friday before his official visit to Athens, which should give you an indication of where I felt Auburn stood going into that weekend. Unless something unexpected happened, I doubt the visit changed anything.

If Hill does choose Auburn, it’ll be one of the most surprising recruiting wins in recent history. If he doesn’t pick the Tigers, they will get to work quickly on their new offensive line recruiting board.

56 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This was a special case for this season. WE HAD to have a good year on the field or our staff was going to get fired. We were getting hammered in negative recruiting. The relationships were going to be good are only as good as the on field results for this cycle because this staff would be gone. The team came up big down the stretch. I believe the SEC title game absolutely had some bearing. we had all the momentum in his recruitment before that game and now have none after that game. obviously it had a impact.

You're actually making my point for me. A good number of recruits were actually a bit standoff-ish to relationships with our staff because of the beating we were taking on the recruiting trail. Therefore we were already behind on the relationship department for a good number of them and the special season on the field would not make up for the relationship disadvantage we had in this class on some guys. The error in your post is thinking the success on the field will make up the relationship disadvantage all in this same cycle. That rarely happens. The only way the SECCG would have a tangible real impact on the 2018 class is if it meant getting or losing even just 1 recruit that would have  made a different decision based on the outcome of that game. The chances of that happening are slim. It's fun to get caught up in the emotions that a season can believe to have on recruiting in the same class but pretty much the only way that happens is if it also includes a HC or a coordinator change. I think the biggest thing that will help us down the stretch is all the HC & coordinator changes happening at our various competitors around the SEC.

Just now, thaitopher said:

Thanks. I have no clue how to expand the link like you just did. 

Just copy the body & title of an article & paste it here.

To quote it you highlight everything in the dialogue box & hit the quation symbol in the top row of the dialogue box.

You can also link the article by highlighting the title on here then clicking the chain link at the top of the dialogue box & pasting the url. It's simpler than it sounds really.

7 hours ago, thaitopher said:

We can expect Georgia to have many more dominant performances against us like they had in the SECCG if we keep losing these types of battles. 

Only when we play them the week after UAT and as the 3rd game against a top team in 4 weeks. UGA loses a ton of players after this year. Smart is not as good as you think.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

You're actually making my point for me. A good number of recruits were actually a bit standoff-ish to relationships with our staff because of the beating we were taking on the recruiting trail. Therefore we were already behind on the relationship department for a good number of them and the special season on the field would not make up for the relationship disadvantage we had in this class on some guys. The error in your post is thinking the success on the field will make up the relationship disadvantage all in this same cycle. That rarely happens. The only way the SECCG would have a tangible real impact on the 2018 class is if it meant getting or losing even just 1 recruit that would have  made a different decision based on the outcome of that game. The chances of that happening are slim. It's fun to get caught up in the emotions that a season can believe to have on recruiting in the same class but pretty much the only way that happens is if it also includes a HC or a coordinator change. I think the biggest thing that will help us down the stretch is all the HC & coordinator changes happening at our various competitors around the SEC.

lol ummmm then I have no clue what your point was in your first post. It dang sure did not come across like that as your point. I would not of responded the way I did if you would of just explained yourself in your first post like you did just then. That was awesome baby!!! why did you not just say all of that?! I may still disagree but I at least would know where your point actually lies and where you are coming from!!! Instead I am just like ............................ I want to have reactions like ric flair not like this!!! lol so come on!! lets WOOOOOOOOOO!!! it up together e.

tenor.gif?itemid=5189308

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

Only when we play them the week after UAT and as the 3rd game against a top team in 4 weeks. UGA loses a ton of players after this year. Smart is not as good as you think.

not as a coach but he dang sure has always been this good at recruiting. It is really freaking annoying if you ask me.

53 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol ummmm then I have no clue what your point was in your first post. It dang sure did not come across like that as your point. I would not of responded the way I did if you would of just explained yourself in your first post like you did just then. That was awesome baby!!! why did you not just say all of that?! I may still disagree but I at least would know where your point actually lies and where you are coming from!!! Instead I am just like ............................ I want to have reactions like ric flair not like this!!! lol so come on!! lets WOOOOOOOOOO!!! it up together e.

My apologies for not being clearer.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

not as a coach but he dang sure has always been this good at recruiting. It is really freaking annoying if you ask me.

Plus they play in the crappy east so will keep going back to the championship game for the foreseeable future

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5189308

say what??

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

say what??

I do not even remember at this point. This happens a lot with me.........

25 minutes ago, gc2525 said:

Any news on who he chose?

ridiculous. he will have a tough time playing early there. there guard haul this year is going to be monster. SCREW KIRBY!! I despise him.  there is a much more clear path to early playing time if he chose Auburn.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

ridiculous. he will have a tough time playing early there. there guard haul this year is going to be monster. SCREW KIRBY!! I despise him.  there is a much more clear path if he chose Auburn.

Kirby learned from the best how to spend money......

Just now, gc2525 said:

when follow the visits means DILLY DILLY! lol. He came to Auburn over 11 times the past couple of years. MEH did not amount to anything.

Just now, gc2525 said:

I’m willing to bet that Kirby is a ?

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Guess back to the Tank Jenkins sweepstakes. 

I really hope we want him. Seems the staff cannot make up their mind on him.

Just now, ellitor said:

Doubt it.

Who are we going after? I got a feeling Kaleb Kim, Tyler Carr, and others are just eating schollys. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

when follow the visits means DILLY DILLY! lol. He came to Auburn over 11 times the past couple of years. MEH did not amount to anything.

Yeah. It's not like he didn't go to UGa even more than that. He did.

Just now, ellitor said:

Yeah. It's not like he didn't go to UGa even more than that. He did.

wait seriously?  I swear I remember us being the clear leader in the clubhouse in this department! I was going to add him to the exclusive club of the markail benton amount of visits do not matter VIP club! lol.

Archived