2018 4* OG Trey Hill (UGa)

ellitor

On 4/6/2017 at 11:30 AM, lutzcammed said:

I wonder how many other recruits have said "he has to win this year"

Recruits? I would imagine there are several PTB who have said the same thing.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/7/2017 at 9:06 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I do find it funny that Kirby is talking smack. His first uga team was awful. 

Well, that awful uga team put a whoopin' on Auburn last year, especially in the second half.

14 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Well, that awful uga team put a whoopin' on Auburn last year, especially in the second half.

Because we handed them the game due to piss poor game planning & changing the whole game plan near the last minute. Kirby did very little to win that game.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Because we handed them the game due to piss poor game planning & changing the whole game plan near the last minute. Kirby did very little to win that game.

I hope Gus never comes close to defeat ever again while at Auburn but last year was not the first Gus and company got screwed by the pooch. If not for the "Prayer at Jordan-Hare, Gus still wouldn't have a win against uga.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I hope Gus never comes close to defeat ever again while at Auburn but last year was not the first Gus and company got screwed by the pooch. If not for the "Prayer at Jordan-Hare, Gus still wouldn't have a win against uga.

It was a justified prayer. Aaron Murray still hasn't scored the last TD he was given credit for.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

And our overall execution was probably the worst of the entire season. Our best players were missing blocks, dropping passes, etc.  It was a giant cluster on all fronts.

40 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And our overall execution was probably the worst of the entire season. Our best players were missing blocks, dropping passes, etc.  It was a giant cluster on all fronts.

Well that is to be expected when a coach completely scraps a gameplan 2 days before a game. No I'm not calling for Gus's head on that but it was a very poor decision.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well that is to be expected when a coach completely scraps a gameplan 2 days before a game. No I'm not calling for Gus's head on that but it was a very poor decision.

I don't know E.  I realize that the trend is to throw Gus under the bus for that game, but a change in game plan should have that much of an effect on the ability for players to execute the basics of their position. When you have Braden Smith watching his man run past him, multiple times, and nearly every receiver dropping passes that hit them in the hands (or in Kam Martin's case, go right through his hands), that speaks to a lack of focus... not the game plan.

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't know E.  I realize that the trend is to throw Gus under the bus for that game, but a change in game plan should have that much of an effect on the ability for players to execute the basics of their position. When you have Braden Smith watching his man run past him, multiple times, and nearly every receiver dropping passes that hit them in the hands (or in Kam Martin's case, go right through his hands), that speaks to a lack of focus... not the game plan.

It was a mental hinderance. When someone is mentally thrown off basics can, but not necessarily will, hinder physical execution especially in sports. The players are responsible for their own execution gaffs. I'm just saying Gus didn't do them any favors with that move and made it more mentally challenging for them to execute than it needed to be.

OK, whose idea was it to scrap the game plan and come up with a new one two days before the game? That's the person who needs to have his A$$ hung over the fire. Also, you didn't need to be Dr. Andrews to see Sean was hurt.:dead:

4 hours ago, milehighfan said:

OK, whose idea was it to scrap the game plan and come up with a new one two days before the game? That's the person who needs to have his A$$ hung over the fire. Also, you didn't need to be Dr. Andrews to see Sean was hurt.:dead:

These kinds of things happen when you have 1 viable QB and he gets hurt. If you want to dig to the root of it, the person at fault is the one who decided to hang our season on recruiting Franklin. We'll probably never know the full story behind that, but everything that followed was a symptom of that decision.

18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

These kinds of things happen when you have 1 viable QB and he gets hurt. If you want to dig to the root of it, the person at fault is the one who decided to hang our season on recruiting Franklin. We'll probably never know the full story behind that, but everything that followed was a symptom of that decision.

Gus made all the QB recruiting decisions when Rhett was OC. It was a bad move but had we taken Jerrod Evans I'm not sure either one would have developed him into a good QB either.

16 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

How about that Hill kid? can we at least try to stay on topic. Especially any mods that seem to go off track as much as anyone else.

Its birds fault

OK, I'll get back on topic. If Auburn wins 10 or more games this season with one of those wins coming against uga does that move Hill closer to Auburn, Alabama or does he still head to Athens, Georgia!:dunno:

7 hours ago, milehighfan said:

OK, I'll get back on topic. If Auburn wins 10 or more games this season with one of those wins coming against uga does that move Hill closer to Auburn, Alabama or does he still head to Athens, Georgia!:dunno:

Wins barring an accompanying staff change usually has little effect on same year signees.

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wins barring an accompanying staff change usually has little effect on same year signees.

I agree with E with the exception of players who want to come to Auburn because they like the coaching staff but are not sure if the staff will be retained. A great season lets them know that there is no reason for Malzan to leave.  So if a kid wants to play for Gus knowing he will stay could be a factor.  I have no idea if Hill is that type of recruit.

• 1 month later...

On 5/25/2017 at 0:29 PM, ellitor said:

It was a mental hinderance. When someone is mentally thrown off basics can, but not necessarily will, hinder physical execution especially in sports. The players are responsible for their own execution gaffs. I'm just saying Gus didn't do them any favors with that move and made it more mentally challenging for them to execute than it needed to be.

So would our players have a "mental hindrance" with halftime adjustments!?! 

7 minutes ago, TigerTy said:

So would our players have a "mental hindrance" with halftime adjustments!?! 

Halftime adjustments are nothing close to completely scrapping a game plan you have been practicing hard on for 2 or 3 weeks 2 days before a game.

I remember  when Bill Burgess was head coach at Jacksonville St. saying if you have to make a lot of adjustments at the half you are already in trouble.

Archived